S43 VHL Entry Draft Discussion

Fire Tortorella

... sounds about right to me.

As much as I want to buy into you, and you know I was your biggest supporter with Bobby Krims, you fell off quickly. Then Karsten Olsen came, looked like he was going to be everything I thought Krims would be, then he ended up falling off as well. I really hope you stay, you're a good active guy and could be a huge contributor here, but I have no actual evidence to assume it will be the case. Still, given the way this class is looking so far, Olsen alone gets you probably top 5.

As much as I want to buy into you, and you know I was your biggest supporter with Bobby Krims, you fell off quickly. Then Karsten Olsen came, looked like he was going to be everything I thought Krims would be, then he ended up falling off as well. I really hope you stay, you're a good active guy and could be a huge contributor here, but I have no actual evidence to assume it will be the case. Still, given the way this class is looking so far, Olsen alone gets you probably top 5.

I was being self-deprecating, but OK. That first guy I didn't really have interest in the league outside of a passing fancy, that's why I did one PT and promptly left. Other than the fact that you were the VHLM GM that claimed me, doubt anyone else remembers that player existed. With Olsen, once I committed myself, I'd argue that 850 TPE over six seasons before I went inactive from all sim leagues with life things (which I made well known) isn't exactly a failure? Beat all but Boom, Boubabi and Jericho from that super hyped S33 draft class at the very least.

Edited by CowboyinAmerica

I was being self-deprecating, but OK. That first guy I didn't really have interest in the league outside of a passing fancy, that's why I did one PT and promptly left. Other than the fact that you were the VHLM GM that claimed me, doubt anyone else remembers that player existed. With Olsen, once I committed myself, I'd argue that 850 TPE over six seasons before I went inactive from all sim leagues with life things (which I made well known) isn't exactly a failure? Beat all but Boom, Boubabi and Jericho from that super hyped S33 draft class at the very least.

No, 850 TPE isn't anything to scoff at, it's probably just under what I'll end up with for Brookside (With player store purchases still to come, I'll likely finish in the low 900s, going all 8, but retiring in preseason before the 8th season just to keep the player, so it's 7 seasons of TPE). When you're on, you're absolutely on, there's no denying that. The question is whether you're going to be at early-mid Olsen level with Wingate. So far, everything points to yes, but the fact that you did leave before he was done (even if only briefly and for a good reason) provides some doubt that it might happen again. Some doubt, even if it's only a small doubt, is more than no doubt. I'd say 85% or so that you end up being a great player and none of this ever matters (in fact, if forced to put money down on you either beating or falling short of Olsen's total, I'd bet on you beating it). However, that's still 15% more than people who have been here through entire cycles. It's risk reward, you're 85% going to produce a guy with 800+, and probably a 50-50 bet to be 1000. 15% of the time, you might go for a much smaller amount. Unlikely, but we at least know the possibility is there. Do you go with that, or do you go with a guy who might only end up being 700 or so, but is 97% to be there?

You're the mystery box on Let's Make a Deal. The contestant knows the car is still out there, and it's usually found in things like the mystery box, so there's a good chance it turns up if they go for the box. However, the box could still have a goat on a rope, or a pair of moon shoes, some gag prize. The odds are in their favor as a lot of the gag prizes have been given away already and that means this box has a very good chance of being the car, but they already have the Hawaii vacation and would have to exchange it for the box. Most of the time, you're going to be the car. The vast majority of the times you've been in sim leagues, you've been the car. There's just the tiniest bit of doubt that you could be the moon shoes, so however small that is, it might be safer to just keep the Hawaii vacation.

Clardy and Merica going all brokeback mountain on us

tumblr_mhmioikkgv1qhykbco1_500.gif

Haha, you say that like its a bad thing #CheckToKill #YesIGotTheJoke

And Merica I hope we can keep it up tbh, I'll let you have the goal if my passes keep turning into assists haha

Maybe I'll send out a feeler to find out what each prospects expects and what their game style is like? Then we'll get a rankings and profile up I suppose.

Hit me up

Attn; Any prospect, as I write this up answer these questions and send me a PM:

1. If you had to predict your VHL Entry Draft position now, what spot would you be selected? (Be specific)

2. What style of player in the NHL best exemplifies your style of play?

Attn; Any prospect, as I write this up answer these questions and send me a PM:

1. If you had to predict your VHL Entry Draft position now, what spot would you be selected? (Be specific)

2. What style of player in the NHL best exemplifies your style of play?

Sent my PM

Totally ready to see my draft profile tbh, top 5 prospect