VHLM This Week (Febuary 15, 2015)

Jala

QsRd00z.png

Welcome to :vhlm: VHLM This Week.

TPE Earners

VHL Team Training Camps are up until Tuesday, February 17. Make sure you go get it done if you've been drafted before it closes.

S41 Prediction Points have been awarded. Check out what you earned if you did the PT. The S42 Predictions are open, so get those done before they close.

Announcements

S41 Off-season Schedule has been posted. Take a look at what's coming up and prepare for the VHL Entry Draft! Good luck to all of you heading into the draft.

The S41 Top Prospects Roster was posted. Check out if you or your teammates made it!

The S41 Super Cup is underway. You have access to your team's LR, so get in there and meet some new people. Check out your progress in the index.

There were some issues in the S42 Dispersal Draft. You can read what happened in the announcement.

Keep an eye out on the job postings, recently there were two openings in the field of writing, one for grading and the other for the VHL mag. A job is a good way to contribute to the league and help keep the wheels spinning, on top of earning some extra TPE.

Media

Here are some media spots and Fan590s I was looking at I thought you guys might find to be funny or a good read.

Edition 69 of On the Rise is out, the mag crew works really hard on it so make sure you check it out if you aren't. They seem to post a new edition on Monday, so read that in a hurry, then check out the new one in the next few days.

Blake Campbell released a statement on his FA status. It's an odd situation for a VHLM player to find himself in, and the whole league is awaiting his choice.

Francis York Morgan had a message in his coffee before the Dispersal Draft, and it turned out to be correct! He surely was drafted 10th overall.

Kewl Runnings is a new player who's going to break into the league under the Taurus Player Agency. While they've had troubles in the past with players who didn't pan out, they hope for something different with Runnings.

You can check out all the weekly updates in media or fan590s.

Graphics

We'll take a quick look at some signatures. These are all made by users and we think these are really well done and recommend you check them out and other submitted sigs on ideas on how to make your own better.

Taneyev created this sig for his coming season in Brampton. We really like the text and it's a cool looking sig.

Frank made it, but it's for Thomas Duddy, who is going to be a monster in this league. Well done and an appropriate render for the player.

Lots of other that are worth checking out in the graphics section.

Games

The VHLM Top Prospects game was played out. The NA conference overpowered the European conference in a 13-9 final.

The Jardy Bunclewirthlesses took down the Walcott Your Ass in a final score of 6-4.

You can check out all the games that were played in the S41 Super Cup games.

Player Interviews (It's back!)

We sat down with new member Michael Clardy for a quick interview. Turns out he's very short-spoken.

Describe how you feel as you look at entering the VHLM.

I feel great, like I can completely dominate here.

Are there any teams in particular you're hoping to get drafted by?

Any and all are great.

What can teams interested in you look to get from you as a player?

An active defender looking to become da greatest.

What do you bring to the locker room off the ice?

Same level of activity as the SHL.

We also spoke with new player Josh Merica, the Bern Royals' top pick in the VHLM Dispersal Draft.

How do you feel about where you went in the VHLM Dispersal Draft?

I should have been taken #1, so when I fell all the way to #2, I needed a hug, that was rough. I have the most upside out of anyone here, and it would of been nice to be recognized for it. I put in a lot of time talking to GM's and putting my name out there. I knew I wasn't going #1 before the draft, but it still stung. Thankfully though I didn't go to Minot, so while Jala was ranked 11th on my list, it's better than playing in the middle of North Dakota.

You've made quite the splash in the league thus far, can we expect more of that moving forward?

You can expect a hurricane, not just a splash. This league hasn't seen anything like me before, I am a spotlight magnet. I know I am good, and I going to show everyone that, and I am going to have FUN doing it, which is going to annoy people and some will say I am immature or not focused, when really that's just how I am, I talk shit and I have fun.

Will your off-ice activities affect your on-ice product or training regiments?
I don't know what off-ice activities you are talking about. *Takes off t-shirt* Does this look like a body that suffers from lack of training?  Didn't think so.

Any other comments?

I've named myself the King of Bern, so I'd appreciate it if everyone started calling me that. I am going to have a "K" sown onto my jersey in place of the standard "C" for Captain. Also, to all the VHL GM's out there, I'd start vying for that #1 pick now, I'd probably even tank for me.

Edited by jaladolar