2013/14 NBA Discussion

Squinty

I didn't like it at first (Im a bulls fan) But the three picks could really helpful. I think they should have kept Bynum and traded him for whatever they could get. Next to nothing probably but get a pick or a depth player or something.

No one wants Bynum at 12.2 mil a year though, that's the biggest problem. And then having him again for that much next year, it just eats up cap for a useless player.

Although now that he's a FA, I think that OKC should sign him for league minimum and play him over Kendrick Perkins aka the best starting player in the league

No one wants Bynum at 12.2 mil a year though, that's the biggest problem. And then having him again for that much next year, it just eats up cap for a useless player.

Although now that he's a FA, I think that OKC should sign him for league minimum and play him over Kendrick Perkins aka the best starting player in the league

But does OKC really risk investing into Bynum even with his attitude problem? Do you really want that presence near a team that is so tight knit?

i don't know how NBA waivers work, but couldn't they now just sign him to a one year at minimum now that he's a FA? If he ended up being a flop, they could just scratch him, no dirt of their shoulders

Edited by Squinty

I'm just desperately he goes to my Knicks... which is highly unrealistic. Both LA teams but don't fit totally (Griffin/Jordan combo @ Clippers / Lakers suck @ Lakers), so as I hate Miami I hope it'll be OKC as they could combine playing time with team success for him. The thought of a Ibaka-Bynum frontline is scary btw...

The thought of a Ibaka-Bynum frontline is scary btw...

If Bynum is really the Bynum we know, that is. But yeah, that's the best case scenario. Personally being a Clippers' fan, I'd love him to go there. He could be a decent backup for Griffin and Jordan who are, well, not that consistent. The Clips need a decent backup big men anyways, Mullen is suck-ish and Hollin isn't all that great.

Bynum is in case of being healthy a top 4 center... there is no way i see him playing off the bench unless there's a valid reason. :)

So true but then again he's not his old self just yet, or at least it seems like that to me. But like I said, him going to the Thunders is the scenario which make sense the most and him going to the Clippers is quite unlikely but would be great for a Clippers' fan like myself.

Hence why he was in the trade to Chicago, they wanted to create cap room to get under the luxury tax threshold.  With that and Luol's contract off of the books they are free almost $20 million this summer for a guy like...  Carmelo? ;)

Either way, I like the idea of going all in on FA and then building the supporting roster around a nucleus with the extra picks.  Mind you Chicago has Charlotte and Cleveland's first-rounder (top 10 restrictive) for 2014, that will become unrestrictive I believe in 2015 or 16.  So I guess it could go either way if the Bulls really wanted to rebuild...  They could just wait until those teams suck enough and have possibly 3 lottery picks.

Melo signing in Chicago after he goes to FA? Nawwww. Maybe he'll go to boston. Him and Rondo would rip shit.

As for the bulls rebuilding, if they do it, they should do it now rather than waiting on the fringe between playoff and non-playoff. Rose is only 25 and has plenty of years to continue to grow, tank now and draft Wiggins or Parker.

Melo signing in Chicago after he goes to FA? Nawwww. Maybe he'll go to boston. Him and Rondo would rip shit.

As for the bulls rebuilding, if they do it, they should do it now rather than waiting on the fringe between playoff and non-playoff. Rose is only 25 and has plenty of years to continue to grow, tank now and draft Wiggins or Parker.

Melo is going to go pair up with a contender, Boston is anything but.

Here's what the Bulls trade allows them to do:

- Amnesty Boozer (not so much allows, but it's an indication that they will do so); can sign a max contract.

- Sign the best player in the world that's not in the NBA next season (Mirotic). As this trade gets them under the luxury tax, it allows them to offer a higher mid-level exception to Mirotic. Without the higher mid-level exception, he would only net about $550K next season. With it, he gets over $2.5M, with more $ coming the next season and a lot more $ coming after a potential 3-year deal completes. Mirotic is shooting 60% from 3PT land in Europe (shorter range 3's), but got damn is that a high shot potential. Comparisons to Nowitzki are warranted. Likely won't turn out that well, but that's probably a ceiling comparison.

- Tank this season, get a top 5 player from one of the better draft classes in awhile. Stern will rig it, so Parker ends up in Chicago.

With that, the Bulls roster heading into next season will comprise of some good potential.

PG - Derrick Rose | DJ Augustin

SG - Jimmy Butler | Draft Pick

SF - Draft Pick or FA | Tony Snell

PF - Taj Gibson | Nikola Mirotic | Draft Pick or FA

C - Joakim Noah | Draft Pick or FA

Here's what the Bulls trade allows them to do:

- Amnesty Boozer (not so much allows, but it's an indication that they will do so); can sign a max contract.

- Sign the best player in the world that's not in the NBA next season (Mirotic). As this trade gets them under the luxury tax, it allows them to offer a higher mid-level exception to Mirotic. Without the higher mid-level exception, he would only net about $550K next season. With it, he gets over $2.5M, with more $ coming the next season and a lot more $ coming after a potential 3-year deal completes. Mirotic is shooting 60% from 3PT land in Europe (shorter range 3's), but got damn is that a high shot potential. Comparisons to Nowitzki are warranted. Likely won't turn out that well, but that's probably a ceiling comparison.

- Tank this season, get a top 5 player from one of the better draft classes in awhile. Stern will rig it, so Parker ends up in Chicago.

With that, the Bulls roster heading into next season will comprise of some good potential.

PG - Derrick Rose | DJ Augustin

SG - Jimmy Butler | Draft Pick

SF - Draft Pick or FA | Tony Snell

PF - Taj Gibson | Nikola Mirotic | Draft Pick or FA

C - Joakim Noah | Draft Pick or FA

What he said

Hedo is way beyond his peak as a player, but he might give them some (quality?) minutes. I'll never forget how he killed us in that semifinals game 2005 at the EM...

Heard that Indy is the front runner for Bynum?

• 3 months later...
Guest Svoboda_3

Lifetime ban and a 2.5M fine plus forcible sale of the Clippers for Mr. Sterling. I think Silver sets a real precedent with this decision and I think he had to in order to establish himself as a no-nonsense type of Commissioner. For tonight and beyond, I think the fans should pack that building in support of the Clippers team/coaching staff and to take a stand. This is only one man's opinion and you can't let his small mindedness deter you from enjoying and supporting the team/players you love. I know Sterling has had a history of racism (not brought to these grounds), but my serious question is, how did the conversation get released to the public. Was that not a private conversation between he and his girlfriend? Did she release it?

Lifetime ban and a 2.5M fine plus forcible sale of the Clippers for Mr. Sterling. I think Silver sets a real precedent with this decision and I think he had to in order to establish himself as a no-nonsense type of Commissioner. For tonight and beyond, I think the fans should pack that building in support of the Clippers team/coaching staff and to take a stand. This is only one man's opinion and you can't let his small mindedness deter you from enjoying and supporting the team/players you love. I know Sterling has had a history of racism (not brought to these grounds), but my serious question is, how did the conversation get released to the public. Was that not a private conversation between he and his girlfriend? Did she release it?

Gold digger recorded it and pushed it to TMZ. The rest is history. :lol: Good to see Sterling FINALLY out. He should have been gone 10 years earlier.

(The minus thing is now that Doc Rivers will return next season for LAC. :ph34r: I really had hoped that they have to hire a Del Negro-type of coach again. :lol:)

She released the recorded convo to TMZ because:

1. She is a coloured individual and found it insulting (and I don't blame her).

2. She probably noticed he was a jerk and wanted a way out.

She released the recorded convo to TMZ because:

1. She is a coloured individual and found it insulting (and I don't blame her).

2. She probably noticed he was a jerk and wanted a way out.

3- She probably got a lot of money.

To be honest, I don't think both of the above is true. Sterling is a notorious and known racist, she must have an IQ below sea level to oversee that. As if she did discover his personal opinion on that matter in said conversation...