2015-16 NFL Discussion

Fire Tortorella

It wasn't just that it was a defensive battle, just so many mistakes. Lots of 3 and outs, and many of the turnovers were unforced. To me it just seemed like a lot of bad plays, not a lot of great plays.

That Denver D is just straight up amazing. Everyone heading into it had Panthers, not me. I have been a Broncos fan for 20 years actually. People said they couldn't contain Cam, they couldn't stop him throwing or running. Keep in mind this was the same D that made Brady look horrible (3 INT's, hit over 10 times, less then 50% completion) Cam looked dazed and confused all game. Miller was huge with the two sack strips and the D with the 7 sacks in general. Manning gets his fairy tale ending send off. Best QB of all time. Sets a record doing it, has the most wins as a QB with 200. Congrats Broncos and Congrats Peyton

16 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

^Really? The only question mark I heard people talking about was Peyton against the Carolina D, not if the Denver D could stop Cam.

People were questioning if Manning could even be productive against that D. Which he was, he was not good but he managed the game correctly. Everyone thought that since Newton is a RB playing QB that he would run wild on that Broncos D. Well that's not the case Von Miller and his buddies made Cam their bitch. So much so that Cam walked away from his post game press conference. His reaction to the Broncos 2nd TD is just classic and it will be a funny gif for years. Cam and the Panthers were too cocky heading in because they were the favorites. Cam was too busy "dabbing" then practicing correctly for that D

Edited by KingRobbie

7 minutes ago, KingRobbie said:

People were questioning if Manning could even be productive against that D. Which he was, he was not good but he managed the game correctly. Everyone thought that since Newton is a RB playing QB that he would run wild on that Broncos D. Well that's not the case Von Miller and his buddies made Cam their bitch. So much so that Cam walked away from his post game press conference. His reaction to the Broncos 2nd TD is just classic and it will be a funny gif for years. Cam and the Panthers were too cocky heading in because they were the favorites. Cam was too busy "dabbing" then practicing correctly for that D

I think you might be overstating "everyone". Every analyst I heard said they doubted Peyton's arm. They never once doubted the Denver D could stop Cam. They mentioned it is a tough task to stop him, but that if anyone could it would be the Denver D. I think sometimes fanbases build up a false sense of doubt so they can "prove people wrong" when the entire rest of the country really wasn't doubting at all.

People questioned Manning's arm, which rightfully so it wasn't the greatest and hasn't been all year. Carolina figured all they had to do is show up.

Couple points:

0-2 for the Panthers in SB's

0-2 for Charles Tillman in SB's against Peyton.

Peyton kissed Papa John after he won.

Peyton's kids touched the trophy before most of the players did.

John Elway still looks like an idiot.

3 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

I think you might be overstating "everyone". Every analyst I heard said they doubted Peyton's arm. They never once doubted the Denver D could stop Cam. They mentioned it is a tough task to stop him, but that if anyone could it would be the Denver D. I think sometimes fanbases build up a false sense of doubt so they can "prove people wrong" when the entire rest of the country really wasn't doubting at all.

People questioned Manning's arm, which rightfully so it wasn't the greatest and hasn't been all year. Carolina figured all they had to do is show up.

Couple points:

0-2 for the Panthers in SB's

0-2 for Charles Tillman in SB's against Peyton.

Peyton kissed Papa John after he won.

Peyton's kids touched the trophy before most of the players did.

John Elway still looks like an idiot.

They were saying as you said it would be a "tough task" but the Broncos had a easy time stopping him. That D made Cam look like a Amateur. This game was never going to be decided by Manning's arm. Panthers knew it, Bronco's knew it and Manning knew it. The run game worked when it had to and the D did the rest. A player that gets lost in it is McManus who nailed two key field goals.

Peyton owns like 10 Papa John's resturaunts

Not true because as they were bringing the trophy up a ton of them touched it/kissed it. Manning's kids touched it before some Broncos players yes.

Looks? as in his looks? or something he did? if its that then I have no idea how he looks stupid after building that team. Only 6 players remained on the roster since their last SB loss. He completely rebuilt that team. People credit him for the D but he rebuilt that whole team.

few stats

Manning oldest QB to win the Super bowl

2 longest period between two Super bowl victories (9 years) Brady holds that odd record with 10

Manning has the most wins as a QB (200)

Talib is one funny guy. Gets a penalty for taunting (funny because it was a coach talking shit so he taunted him after a stop) After the game he slips on a set of a interview, then on TSN he doesn't even know they are from Canada and says "Cahoonas" on tv and they said "we will probably drop that word" and he was like "I can't say cahoonas on tv?" and they were like "you probably could it's Canada" and he was like "Canada? like Toronto?" and they were like "no nation wide" lol then Talib left not before saying "Cam is probably in the back crying" which is exactly what he was doing. In his press conference it looked like he was going to cry so he walked away lol #datassmusthurtcam

Edited by KingRobbie

18 minutes ago, KingRobbie said:

They were saying as you said it would be a "tough task" but the Broncos had a easy time stopping him. That D made Cam look like a Amateur. This game was never going to be decided by Manning's arm. Panthers knew it, Bronco's knew it and Manning knew it. The run game worked when it had to and the D did the rest. A player that gets lost in it is McManus who nailed two key field goals.

Peyton owns like 10 Papa John's resturaunts

Not true because as they were bringing the trophy up a ton of them touched it/kissed it. Manning's kids touched it before some Broncos players yes.

Looks? as in his looks? or something he did? if its that then I have no idea how he looks stupid after building that team. Only 6 players remained on the roster since their last SB loss. He completely rebuilt that team. People credit him for the D but he rebuilt that whole team.

Key thing is to read my point again. I said the majority because only about 20 of them touched the trophy on the way up.

Looks, as in his image. Not the way he performs business, that is all great. I think maybe a read over would help haha

10 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Key thing is to read my point again. I said the majority because only about 20 of them touched the trophy on the way up.

Looks, as in his image. Not the way he performs business, that is all great. I think maybe a read over would help haha

I believe more then 50% of them touched it before Manning's kids touched it. No need to "read again" because if I believe more then 50% touched it then the majority touched it. Plus Jim Nantz or however you spell it said "now you can share it with your kids, let them touch it" so what was Peyton going to do? snub his kids on live tv? so people can call him out on that? I highly doubt any player felt insulted by it.

You said and I qoute "John Elway still looks like an idiot" which can be taken two ways. Image wise, like his physical image or how he portrays himself and you not agreeing with the way he does thing. Since you never specified what you meant I asked. So actually maybe you should read before you reply.

11 minutes ago, KingRobbie said:

I believe more then 50% of them touched it before Manning's kids touched it. No need to "read again" because if I believe more then 50% touched it then the majority touched it. Plus Jim Nantz or however you spell it said "now you can share it with your kids, let them touch it" so what was Peyton going to do? snub his kids on live tv? so people can call him out on that? I highly doubt any player felt insulted by it.

You said and I qoute "John Elway still looks like an idiot" which can be taken two ways. Image wise, like his physical image or how he portrays himself and you not agreeing with the way he does thing. Since you never specified what you meant I asked. So actually maybe you should read before you reply.

You are reading too much into that. I never said they were insulted, it was funny twitter comment that was taken lightly by many but obviously not all. Or shall I say a large majority.

I never said read again because of the Elway part, I knew exactly why you questioned me there. Because I left it somewhat vague. But he doesn't look like an idiot regarding the team, just him in general on screen haha

9 hours ago, StevenStamkos91 said:

oh there goes kendrick starting shit then leaving on his high horse again :P 

Do actually chime in or just sit on a toad stole and watch everything?

I wasn't leaving on a high horse at all. I commented on something and Robbie mis-read it.