2015-16 NFL Discussion

Fire Tortorella

Only good thing the 49ers have done is introduce their black alternates today. Armstead is as raw a talent as they come. He can't seem to read QB's or signals.

The jerseys are the best thing about today tbh. I was hoping for WR/CB with our first.

No Mariota trade :(

Also, lol at drafting a running back at 10th overall

Hearing what they were going to have to give up for him, it wasn't worth it. Never should've traded Foles honestly.

Rams getting Gurley isn't a bad thing, not sure that one is laughable.

The Bears pick was one that is questionable.

Yeah, Armstead's really raw and I think he's a reach even with most analysts projecting him to San Diego in the first round. But hey, it worked for the Giants with JPP before.

Hearing what they were going to have to give up for him, it wasn't worth it. Never should've traded Foles honestly.

Rams getting Gurley isn't a bad thing, not sure that one is laughable.

The Bears pick was one that is questionable.

Yeah it was quite a lot to give up, on one hand I may not have liked it strategically, but on the other hand it would have been exciting :3

Yeah, Armstead's really raw and I think he's a reach even with most analysts projecting him to San Diego in the first round. But hey, it worked for the Giants with JPP before.

True, only difference is that JPP could read a offensive set before the play and got off with the snap timing. Armstead could surprise but let's not forget size and strength isn't always everything with DE.

Perriman would be a perfect fit.

I disagree. He is the 4th best ILB still on the board. I think Kendricks fits the mould better. Then again I think McKinley is a Ray lewis type player in terms of putting his hat on a man every snap.

Yeah it was quite a lot to give up, on one hand I may not have liked it strategically, but on the other hand it would have been exciting :3

Exciting though isn't something the Eagles need as Chip has already done a number with that.

Mariota < Kendricks, Cox, Boykin, 1st, 1st, 2nd

Edited by Kendrick

I disagree. He is the 4th best ILB still on the board. I think Kendricks fits the mould better. Then again I think McKinley is a Ray lewis type player in terms of putting his hat on a man every snap.

Watch. Perriman will outplay everyone ahead of him.

True, only difference is that JPP could read a offensive set before the play and got off with the snap timing. Armstead could surprise but let's not forget size and strength isn't always everything with DE.

The point is that with his current athleticism, he can be coached into being a great player but it's a risk. Play awareness and technique can be taught, athleticism and size can't.

Watch. Perriman will outplay everyone ahead of him.

*Perryman. I only corrected you because Perriman is another draftee slated for the same area in mock drafts. (Now he is gone of course). Perryman's tape is okay, but I can't help but think their is some Florida bias there.

*Perryman. I only corrected you because Perriman is another draftee slated for the same area in mock drafts. (Now he is gone of course). Perryman's tape is okay, but I can't help but think their is some Florida bias there.

I know I messed up the spelling. Was typing rather quick. The comparisons to Ray Lewis are there with him due to the college they played in and other similar qualities.

I know I messed up the spelling. Was typing rather quick. The comparisons to Ray Lewis are there with him due to the college they played in and other similar qualities.

No worries, I wouldn't of cared just figured if someone was following along they might get confused. Perryman looks to have a nose for the ball but he is undersized for a LB. Not that undersized ILB is a worry (London Fletcher showed us that), but our LB'ing core isn't the largest to start with.

Colts selected Dorsett, I'm assuming he is a grooming prospect for when Andre calls it a career and T.Y. is the only one there. Moncrief is a 2-3 guy anyways. They do need to address the OL though.

• 2 weeks later...

How about the deflategate punishment? But goddamn some people aka most Pats fans can't see where Brady fucked up. As if texting a dude who calls himself the deflator for the first time in years after the whole deflated football thing comes out and then gives his kids a tour of the Pats facilities for the first time ever. Sorry but Brady definitely lied and now is being punished harshly for it. It's getting hard for me to root for the Pats but I'm excited to see Garoppolo - I think he'll be a stud.

Edited by Ninetyfourgoalie

I think part of the reason Brady got hit so hard is he didn't cooperate with the investigation at all

This. Guilty or not, he didn't fully give them what they wanted and that's where they draw the line. If Tom is innocent and being wrongly accused here, he simply should hand over his information, otherwise he knows that the NFL punishes people with force (not that its always the smartest process behind it).

• 2 weeks later...

Ehh, between Kendall Wright and now DGB he has some guys to throw to. It all comes down to how well the line comes together, but there's some talent there. RT is a big weak spot though.

Yeah If they could trade their weapons for an O-Line that keeps Mariota upright, I'm sure they'd do it. However he is a very effective player out of pocket in more ways than one. Unlike Winston who buckles with pressure, Mariota does get throws off under pressure that are accurate. However one thing bugging him, his arm strength.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the 49ers playoff hopes just went out the window with the Anthony Davis retirement.

The Pelicans forward? Jk. Who? I think their hopes were already somewhat tossed in the air. It's not like a O-Tackle matters in that team, Kaep runs where he wants and throws to either team.

The Pelicans forward? Jk. Who? I think their hopes were already somewhat tossed in the air. It's not like a O-Tackle matters in that team, Kaep runs where he wants and throws to either team.

Well I  mean he was a pivotal blocker in our offense and was an all-pro tackle. But it's going to hinder our line on the right side. Our chances were wildcard and now I believe they are completely shot.

Well I  mean he was a pivotal blocker in our offense and was an all-pro tackle. But it's going to hinder our line on the right side. Our chances were wildcard and now I believe they are completely shot.

Wildcard maybe, I predicted 8-8. Adjustment year for them for sure. Gore is gone though so they may throw more and elevate pressure on the right side a bit.