Der Meister's Writing (and YouTube!) Thread: Live from the Waiting Room!

der meister

Just now, GrittyIsKing09 said:

i would love to read, but i dont have kindle rn. i should probably be able to when i go to either of my grandmas houses once their vaccines have set in lmao

You don't need Kindle to read it. Kindle is set up to be more streamlined, but it's not necessary. Works on a phone or computer or whatever. 

3 minutes ago, der meister said:

You don't need Kindle to read it. Kindle is set up to be more streamlined, but it's not necessary. Works on a phone or computer or whatever. 

oh great! i didnt know that bc i haven't ever used amazon books before

Edited by GrittyIsKing09

On 3/11/2021 at 12:21 PM, der meister said:

Had an agent request my chapter book (different pen name) and got an email from her overnight that I'll hear from her in a week once she reads the whole thing.

So I pinged this agent to ask what's up. She replied with a sorry email, but addressed me as my character's name. My character being a 12 year old girl.

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping to 88% progress. Just getting to the climax of the book, but trying to tie all the knots together. Really excited to get this one off to a few beta readers and decide what the next project is gonna be. I have it narrowed down to 4 :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Got feedback on my third novel today. Super excited about this one - feedback was excellent. Been working on edits most of the day so far and almost finished polishing this one up. Imagine a gritty, 97 minute R-rated dystopian action movie with chase sequences.

On 6/3/2021 at 9:35 PM, der meister said:

Up to 92%!

Still haven't heard from agent who called me by my character's name, nor indy pub house from December. This shit takes FOREVER

Update: the above-mentioned agent OFFERED TO REPRESENT MY BOOK!

• der meister changed the title to Der Meister's Writing Thread - ....is something HAPPENING!?
  • 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, Phil said:

Hopefully they either get back to you or someone more responsive reaches out. Rooting for you brother. 

Thanks. I've more or less given up on this one. This type of communication is not what I'd be paying 10% for.

Wednesday is another Twitter pitch event. I will be pitching Nightrunner for the first time. It's a wild, frenetic post-apocalyptic heist book from the perspective of the getaway driver. Here is one of the pitches I'll be tweeting on the 28th. If you are on twitter, please consider RTing any of my pitches that you like! My handle is @penningemerson.

All Stranger wants is to be left alone with his drugs, fast cars, & (rarely) fast women. Everything changes when he's injected with a toxin by a reclusive billionaire who will give him the antidote - if Stranger is the wheelman for a series of international heists.

• 5 weeks later...

My first short story was accepted and published on SimilyCo! Check it out here, totally free to read!

https://simily.co/all-stories/fiction/alex_emerson/the-cradle-of-avalon/

Edited by der meister

3 hours ago, der meister said:

My first short story was accepted and published on SimilyCo! Check it out here, totally free to read!

https://simily.co/all-stories/fiction/alex_emerson/the-cradle-of-avalon/

Love it! I want to live in a murdery moon world 🥺

33 minutes ago, Smarch said:

That line resonated with the weird things we experienced in nature when the world stopped in 2020 .

I didn't re-read it before submitting it - this story I sold once before, about 3 years ago, and then the rights reverted back to me. But looking at it through a pseudo-post-pandemic lens is definitely interesting. The very last line of the story feels foreboding, all things considered, though with different circumstances.

2 hours ago, der meister said:

I didn't re-read it before submitting it - this story I sold once before, about 3 years ago, and then the rights reverted back to me. But looking at it through a pseudo-post-pandemic lens is definitely interesting. The very last line of the story feels foreboding, all things considered, though with different circumstances.

The fact you wrote this prior to the pandemic is a little eerie. Good read as always, kept me entertained as a reader and kept me guessing of what would happen next 

7 minutes ago, Smarch said:

The fact you wrote this prior to the pandemic is a little eerie. Good read as always, kept me entertained as a reader and kept me guessing of what would happen next 

Speaking of What Happened Next... :lol:

That's the name of a different short story I've written. Think wild anime battle in a city between a witch and a seductive alien woman, both of whom consume the souls of men for power. It's fun 😛

• 4 weeks later...