Der Meister's Writing (and YouTube!) Thread: Live from the Waiting Room!

der meister

20 minutes ago, Ahma said:

It was pretty good :)

I'm starting to wonder if I should try one of your books.

As someone who owns Nightmares and Dreamscapes, I can assure you it is well worth it. 

I did review it on amazon somewhere so you can read that first... but just buy it - you won't regret it. 

Don't be mean; support our community writing scene!

• 3 weeks later...

The cover is in, the pricing is set. Nightmares and Dreamscrapes: Special Edition - coming soon! To celebrate, BOTH of my previously released short stories will be free downloads this weekend! 

http://tinyurl.com/jaolsuh

http://tinyurl.com/hl42wlk

Check 'em out if you haven't before, and leave me some good reviews! 

• 7 months later...

Quick update:

Paperback is undergoing final, extremely tedious formatting. I got bored with that and decided to upload a new short story, titled "What Happened Next...." to Amazon as a digital download. It will be included in the paperback as well, if you want to wait, but if you prefer a digital download for 0.99 cents, this is the way to go. It clocks in at 12500 words, and is a sci-fi horror story, if I had to pigeon-hole it that way. For those who read my anthology, it is the story of what happened before and after the events of "The Piano", and has been referenced as "the extended version of The Piano" in my podcasts here. 

Not live yet, but should be up tomorrow. :D

A sneak peek at the cover:

DIGITAL_BOOK_THUMBNAIL?versionId=8ss5FXw2vYYRwxqprH4oPDSJdIPdLijs&AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAIJ6FGQ3MRT5D4UGA&Expires=1474939517&Signature=jjc%2FhN%2FN6lZ%2F9bN0L3zw0Xsn6r8%3D

• 4 weeks later...

Hey VHL peeps,

Who here reads for pleasure? I know I do. Usually on the train to work. Well if you are look for some new material, I would highly recommend @der meister's collection of short stories, Nightmares & Dreamscrapes, as well as his new novelette, What Happened Next (based off a short found in N&D). 

I just finished What Happened Next and  I was shocked at how much I enjoyed it. I don't mean like I wasn't expecting to enjoy it; au contraire, I knew exactly how much I enjoyed der's previous writings, but this was the longest story that I've read from his, as most of his work is written in the form of short stories, but because of the longer length, der was able to really delve deeper into the characters', world's and plot's storylines to deliver a product, which I think should definitely be up in bookshelves next to other great Sci-Fi writers.

Anyway, I just finished reviewing it on Amazon (it's still processing) and I'd love for you guys to check out his work. It's great to support our talented community and this is a fantastic way to do that. 

https://www.amazon.com/Alex-Emerson/e/B00N71Y8J8/ref=dp_byline_cont_pop_ebooks_1