Der Meister's Writing (and YouTube!) Thread: Live from the Waiting Room!

der meister

• 5 weeks later...

Still waiting on a response on the full manuscript from the agent I mentioned last page. Also had a request for a full manuscript from an indy publishing house, so I sent that off tonight. 

One way or another, here's hoping that my debut novel, Bloodwalker, is available for you lovely folks to consume in the next 12 months or so. :cheers:

In the meantime, I'm up to 66k words on a young adult fantasy, though I don't know if it's any good. I've got a binder with The Partials. This ranges from 1 line concepts to 80 page (incomplete) novels. Need to add labels for easy reference. Counting the concepts, there are 16 books here. Sci-fi, dark fantasy, kidlit, a heist novel, even the fish story I mentioned in my recent fan590 article.

• der meister changed the title to Der Meister's Writing Thread - Waiting for Something to Happen
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Still waiting on the indy publishing house to let me know what they think of my adult novel.

Had an agent request my chapter book (different pen name) and got an email from her overnight that I'll hear from her in a week once she reads the whole thing.

Current WIP at 30k words, or about halfway to it's expected length.

• 1 month later...
On 3/11/2021 at 12:21 PM, der meister said:

Still waiting on the indy publishing house to let me know what they think of my adult novel.

Had an agent request my chapter book (different pen name) and got an email from her overnight that I'll hear from her in a week once she reads the whole thing.

Current WIP at 30k words, or about halfway to it's expected length.

Part 1 is STILL true.

Part 2 - never heard back....

Part 3 - It's up to 70% length.

PART 4!!! - I've decided to upload a fresh short story to Amazon KDP and am going to run a free promotion. The question is: do I run a freesale on the new short, or one of the other ones? Anyone have any thoughts? I'm leaning toward either the new on, or What Happened Next. The new one is heady sci-fi, WHN is like a crazy gory anime-esque action thing (new story, Birdsong, is not on my page yet as it's being processed)

https://www.amazon.com/Alex-Emerson/e/B00N71Y8J8%3Fref=dbs_a_mng_rwt_scns_share