Locker room

Caillean

Where do you prefer your Locker Room?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As long as I've been here I've seen lots of arguments about where the Locker Rooms should be, as well as seeing a LOT of people in their new member surveys mentioning that it would be preferable to have them on the top of the site. I'd like to see what the general consensus is.

And why's that? People are allowed their opinions. It makes no sense to have what should be an important part of your VHL experience be at the bottom of the site.

Actually thats a fantastic idea. Make it an option, that way people who like it on top can have that, and people who like it on bottom can have that.

So you're saying that important things SHOULD go at the top, but because there's a "view new content" button there it serves as a catch-all so you don't think LRs should be moved up?

Honestly, I'd just really like to see a better argument for leaving them at the bottom than "I think it's better" or "there's a view new content button anyway". I feel like my argument that the LR is important enough to one's VHL experience that it should be one of the first, if not THE first thing one sees when they log on, is a good argument for the change. I don't think "I think it's better on bottom" is a good argument to keep it the same.

I don't want to see everything new. When I log on the sims I check my LRs, check for new announcements and then games. After that I check other things. I personally don't like the view new content. It's far too spammy for me and I don't care about 90% of the posts that are in it.

What's a solid argument against having the most important things being what you see first? There should be more to it then 'it's what I'm used to' or 'this isn't SHL'. Having a flow to the layout shouldn't be limited to one league. SBA follows the same thing with the LRs being below announcements and it focuses your attention on your team. Even if you don't want to be active in your LR you are subjected to seeing whether or not something is happening in there.

Quick Links to teams and League Index (God-mode addition.)

Draft LR – I check this every time I get on the site because it's right there and I can see people posted.

Announcement (Important.)

Into the Stands (Fine where it is)

Create a Player (Important to welcome new members.)

Donations (You check this once a season at most. Does it need to be on top?)

Two off-topic forums. (Not related directly to league, not needed to be above games.)

VHL Games (Lifeblood)

Defunct VHL This Week

Two events that happen every 3 seasons.

VHL Mag (Very relevant)

HoF (You check this once a season. Maybe twice if you write a piece on something in it.)

Fan590 (Odd place to put it. Confused me a lot as a new member and I was always lost trying to find it.)

VHLM Games (Lifeblood)

Defunct VHLM This Week

VHLM Announcements (Halfway down the page. Does not immediately alert new members of changes and can easily be missed.)

VHLM Mag (Very relevant)

VHLM Transactions (eh?)

VHLM Teams (Condensed and clunky to get at.)

Draftees, unassigned, retired. (You check this twice a career. Once at the start, once at the finish.)

PT & Player Store (Crammed between Draftees and GFX, and now Fan League)

Transactions & Finances (Good place for them. Could use VHLM Transactions as well.)

VHL Teams (Moot with the great new quick links on the top of the page.)

Job LR

Team LR

There's no flow and it's honestly tiresome to scroll through all that to reach the LR of your team. For the sake of team activity, your team LR shouldn't be the very last thing you see on the website before you reach the skin changes.

TPE earners and Player Store could be clumped together.

All the transactions could be moved together and have the draftees forum moved to that.

Put the mag and get the weekly reports rolling again and move them together. Put them with the announcements and having everything relevant to the ongoings of the league in one place.

Put both leagues games and the World Cup/Super Cup in one grouping.

All those little changes would improve the flow of the site and make checking things easier for everyone. A clunky site is bad for everyone.

Edited by jaladolar

and lets all stay professional here. The request is legit and if well explained, it should be considered.

I guarantee you if you posted "Locker rooms to the bottom" over on the SHL, it would get locked immediately and you would get so much hate for it.

This is not the SHL. This is the VHL. They should remain at the bottom. Quit trying to turn this into the Shitty Hockey League.

Oh grow up. It's not about trying to turn it into SHL. If that's seriously your only argument, you've already stated it twice in non constructive ways, so there's no need to keep going.

I guarantee you if you posted "Locker rooms to the bottom" over on the SHL, it would get locked immediately and you would get so much hate for it.

Because locker rooms at the bottom is ridiculous. It's supposed to be the most important thing I visit here, yet it's at the bottom of the page. That makes TONS of sense, right.

And seriously, quit turning this into SHL vs VHL. It's got nothing to do with that, since I visited this site for a good month before SHL. I prefer VHL's layout overall to SHL's. But the LRs at the bottom here just do not make sense considering their importance.