Locker room

Caillean

Where do you prefer your Locker Room?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Shame this thread went where it did really, it's a decent enough suggestion. 

For this site, I think I would prefer my Locker Rooms at the bottom. I've kinda run through the forum from top to bottom, with the announcements and games first since they're the most important, checking through the things that I usually look at before finishing off with the locker room. Granted, if Locker Rooms were at the top, I could still do that, but I prefer to view important stuff going on around the leagues first as opposed to LR Chatter.

In addition, as someone who can currently view one VHL and one VHLM locker room, I measured out that League Announcements would be first visible about halfway down the second page, which I think is too far down. Not to mention people like Boom who have access to every VHLM LR. 

---------------------------------

Trying to think of a "best of both worlds" solution, maybe we could follow on from the work of Frank with the quick links icons for the rosters underneath the banner and maybe put a 60x15 LR logo(ibmxbXC.png that's that big) under each team logo which links to that team's LR? I believe the permission masks currently in place would prevent people being able to enter an LR that wasn't their own through this method, and the positives would be that those who want quick access to the LR are able to get it without obstructing those who want it at the bottom. 

Edited by YEAH!

• Admin

Another thing: why do some people place such importance in the LR? It's like you don't want to contribute to the actual site, just form little cliques and stick to those. Which isn't a good thing imo but even worse is the next step: "oh I don't feel part of the wider group so I'm not going to read or post outside my LR"

Vicious cycle.

• Commissioner

Trying to think of a "best of both worlds" solution, maybe we could follow on from the work of Frank with the quick links icons for the rosters underneath the banner and maybe put a 60x15 LR logo(ibmxbXC.png that's that big) under each team logo which links to that team's LR? I believe the permission masks currently in place would prevent people being able to enter an LR that wasn't their own through this method, and the positives would be that those who want quick access to the LR are able to get it without obstructing those who want it at the bottom. 

I kinda like that idea. Wouldn't take up a lot of space but would get the locker room essentially at the top while keeping the board organization the same. 

2 issues would need to be worked out though. First would be that the links might look odd with the way the VHL / VHLM is currently laid out up there. I'd have to see it to be sure though. Second is what would we put in the little boxes? I don't think we would want the word "Locker Room" in 18 different boxes but actually using the locker room names might be too long.

Still though, I like the idea in theory. Would just have to see how it would be displayed. Someone could put together a mockup maybe.

you weren't trolling...

Actually I was tbh but you wouldn't know

Show some sympathy people, if you were on Seattle then you wouldn't want to see the locker room every time you open the site either.

Shit it's better than looking at that sorry ass Express Locker Room I had to deal with when there were a bunch of retards in there. Why do you think I left from there?

I feel embarrassed for Jones. Dumbass.

Thanks. Someone had to right Jackass?

I kinda like that idea. Wouldn't take up a lot of space but would get the locker room essentially at the top while keeping the board organization the same. 

2 issues would need to be worked out though. First would be that the links might look odd with the way the VHL / VHLM is currently laid out up there. I'd have to see it to be sure though. Second is what would we put in the little boxes? I don't think we would want the word "Locker Room" in 18 different boxes but actually using the locker room names might be too long.

Still though, I like the idea in theory. Would just have to see how it would be displayed. Someone could put together a mockup maybe.

The idea that I was having at the time was have them all say "LR", with the text in the team's secondary color and the bar in the team's primary colour.  Unfortunately I'm somewhat terrible in regards to having an eye for design haha, so that might not look great

Edited by YEAH!

Also you guys shouldn't take the words of a few members as absolutes. There's a reason why this forum exists and even if some of your ideas aren't great I'm for one still happy to read them

Also you guys shouldn't take the words of a few members as absolutes. There's a reason why this forum exists and even if some of your ideas aren't great I'm for one still happy to read them

Hey sterling i hawe an idea y dnt u go fuk off and get banned

Its gd for ur health

Holy shit, talk about overreactions batman. I think the LR's at the top doesn't matter to me really, do whatever makes people active and happy. It's so small of a change to me that I don't care.

However, Victor did point out once that if you move them all there that the permissions areas all go to the top. So for someone like Victor (Mod), Higgins (Commish) or CowboyInAmerica (Updater), all those areas go to the top too. Regardless over the past 2-3 weeks since the Draftee LR was moved to the top we've seen a bit of an increase in TPE earning and talk. I suggest that being a norm now if it works. If not, we can always change it back. We aren't splitting the atom folks, we can change these things back if we need too. No use it bickering in this thread, seemed pretty pointless to bring SHL/VHL into it as well, this is strictly about a forum layout thing.