Locker room

Caillean

Where do you prefer your Locker Room?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

at the bottom is so bad, i forget to check LR half the time. The thing you want to see the most should be on the top.

I'm of the opinion that the thing you want to see the most should be the thing you'll look at regardless of where it is on the forum.

Anyway, I don't feel like reading through six pages of mostly retardation, but the obvious solution here is to have a single link at the top of the forum that redirects you to the locker room section that is still at the bottom of the forum. It satisfies everyone, as it makes the locker rooms both at the top and the bottom.

If this solution sounds silly as fuck, that's because it is, and that's because this discussion is, because you can argue the ergonomics of every single section of the website. "People submit PTs every week, and reading them makes you more knowledgeable and more active, why don't we move that section to the top? Ditto for Fan 590s and the mags, but shorter. Oh shit, now that we've moved those to the top, the games are even closer to the bottom. They're literally the lifeblood of the forum, they should be at the top. Fuck, now I can't even find where to update my player because it's so close to the bottom, we need it higher. Well I didn't know about that important announcement because now that we've moved everything to the top, they are now at the bottom, this is bullshit..."

Of course I'm being cheeky, and I understand that LRs are very important as they are more or less where new members learn to become community members, so I am serious about my suggestion being a possible solution. But still, I can't believe this shit spawned 6+ pages.

• Admin

I'm of the opinion that the thing you want to see the most should be the thing you'll look at regardless of where it is on the forum.

Anyway, I don't feel like reading through six pages of mostly retardation, but the obvious solution here is to have a single link at the top of the forum that redirects you to the locker room section that is still at the bottom of the forum. It satisfies everyone, as it makes the locker rooms both at the top and the bottom.

If this solution sounds silly as fuck, that's because it is, and that's because this discussion is, because you can argue the ergonomics of every single section of the website. "People submit PTs every week, and reading them makes you more knowledgeable and more active, why don't we move that section to the top? Ditto for Fan 590s and the mags, but shorter. Oh shit, now that we've moved those to the top, the games are even closer to the bottom. They're literally the lifeblood of the forum, they should be at the top. Fuck, now I can't even find where to update my player because it's so close to the bottom, we need it higher. Well I didn't know about that important announcement because now that we've moved everything to the top, they are now at the bottom, this is bullshit..."

Of course I'm being cheeky, and I understand that LRs are very important as they are more or less where new members learn to become community members, so I am serious about my suggestion being a possible solution. But still, I can't believe this shit spawned 6+ pages.

Jardy's suggestion is exactly what I was going to do. Am going to do rather.

Okay now that I'm at my computer- I wanted to say thank you to everyone who came in and had a proper discussion about this. It was great to see that as strongly as I feel about LRs being a focal part of the VHL experience, some feel just as strongly that it shouldn't be or isn't. It was nice to finally get more explanations as to why people feel the LRs at the bottom is a good fit. Thanks again everyone!