Locker room

Caillean

Where do you prefer your Locker Room?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I will make a point for Mr. Jones since he didn't make any:

Scrolling to the bottom of the site shows how dedicated of a teammate you are. I would scroll through hell or high water for my VHL comrades. 

:lol: :lol:

• Admin

Alright yes, as to the discussion at hand.

There are some very valid points here. I really like the idea of giving people a choice but I don't think that's possible. All skins go on the same forum organisation from my understanding.

Maybe each LR could vote on where it wants to be? Though that might get things unnecessarily heated.

Now as to the criticisms levelled. Do you honestly expect me to believe people have left because the LRs are at the bottom? Lolno, people leave because we are a PT league and that is not everyone's cup of tea. We don't hide we're a PT league, the SHL came in as the non PT league so it is easier to earn TPE there (though I'd struggle to call it completely non PT at this point).

There are two misconceptions in this thread which I don't really expect you to know since you have joined both leagues much later. First, of course Jones' assessment that SHLers have brought the shitstorms to the VHL is incorrect. How would he know that, the first SHLers joined here in S17. If anything, the first 17 seasons were the most drama filled. It seems you guys would love it back then but it wasn't a good time a lot of the time.

Second, the SHL started with LRs at the bottom too. Or LRs in the team forums, something weird. They were not less active, apart from the fact the league had less members. I strongly doubt that LR activity will go up by LRs going to the top but I'm sure compromises can be found.

Alright yes, as to the discussion at hand.

There are some very valid points here. I really like the idea of giving people a choice but I don't think that's possible. All skins go on the same forum organisation from my understanding.

Maybe each LR could vote on where it wants to be? Though that might get things unnecessarily heated.

Now as to the criticisms levelled. Do you honestly expect me to believe people have left because the LRs are at the bottom? Lolno, people leave because we are a PT league and that is not everyone's cup of tea. We don't hide we're a PT league, the SHL came in as the non PT league so it is easier to earn TPE there (though I'd struggle to call it completely non PT at this point).

There are two misconceptions in this thread which I don't really expect you to know since you have joined both leagues much later. First, of course Jones' assessment that SHLers have brought the shitstorms to the VHL is incorrect. How would he know that, the first SHLers joined here in S17. If anything, the first 17 seasons were the most drama filled. It seems you guys would love it back then but it wasn't a good time a lot of the time.

Second, the SHL started with LRs at the bottom too. Or LRs in the team forums, something weird. They were not less active, apart from the fact the league had less members. I strongly doubt that LR activity will go up by LRs going to the top but I'm sure compromises can be found.

I don't necessarily think it should be a LR vote (unless others like that idea). And it sucks then that there's no way to choose that, would have been cool if it could just be as simple as a different skin. So fair enough on that end.

Also I didn't say people left because LRs are at the bottom, silly. Or if I did, I worded it wrong in my frustration. I meant some people have likely left because of the kind of criticism they get faced with if they try to suggest changes. There's a reason a lot of small towns stay small- things don't change, and people move out of them because they want to try something new when the town is resistant to any of those changes. Same thing here. It's not the LR issue itself, it's the fact that in general, older members of the VHL seem to refuse to believe there's any sort of changes that can or should be made and many of them tend to react in a very hostile fashion when change is proposed.

I also don't LIKE the shitstorms, or at least not here. There's a difference between an SHL drama thread where someone gets suspended for saying something dumb, and me or someone else making a suggestion that turns INTO a drama thread. One is drama for the sake of drama (which is okay to me) and the other is drama because someone didn't like the proposal that was made (which was not okay to me). I know I'm a bitch. I know some people don't like me, and that's fine- when I've earned it. But I don't think making not even DEMANDS, but suggestions, is a good reason for someone like Jones to snap on me like that. I was being rational, I was being constructive, and he came in and started a shitstorm. If I make a thread to mess with someone, I completely understand that kind of reaction. I don't expect it when I'm simply trying to have a constructive discussion with the league just because he doesn't like the idea of the change that's proposed, and it really turns me off to the league as a whole.

LR activity isn't low because of where they are, and I am aware of that, nor was I trying to argue that. I simply think that having them at the bottom is annoying because it's where I personally always check first. Yes, I realize not liking having to scroll down a page is as first-world a problem as they come, it's just something that legitimately does not make sense to me though. I personally don't think they'd be more active, but it would be a huge quality of life change for some of us, and I apologize if it came across as me trying to say that it would promote activity. It wouldn't.

I prefer them on the bottom. To me, they are one of the less important aspects of the forum. I like to talk about things (general discussion and sports discussion). I like to read articles (590s, media). Then after that, I might check into my locker room and see what is going on in there.

I suppose my argument for them being on the bottom is much the same as your argument for them being on the top - it is based on the things you personally find important.

LR's at bottom = best idea EVER!!! xD

Oh btw, thanks for allowing me to troll you all night

Wssjkv0.jpg

I prefer them on the bottom. To me, they are one of the less important aspects of the forum. I like to talk about things (general discussion and sports discussion). I like to read articles (590s, media). Then after that, I might check into my locker room and see what is going on in there.

I suppose my argument for them being on the bottom is much the same as your argument for them being on the top - it is based on the things you personally find important.

See, thank you. That's a great reason. Stuff like that is why I wish there was an option to customize it instead of just flat out changing it.

• Commissioner

Full Discretion: I stopped reading halfway through page 2 because the comments were getting ridiculous.

With that said, I like the LR's at the bottom and always have. It's massively off-putting to have them at the top. How do I know? Because recently a Locker Room for draftees and recruiting crew (which I'm still apart of, go me) got added and placed right at the top of the board. To me it immediately became a distracting eye-sore. It doesn't make me click on it more because it's at the top, it just means I have an ugly 1 forum hanging out at the top of the page. I can only imagine it would be worse with it, a team locker room, graders lounge, and whatever else people would end up needing.

The top of the board should be reserved for the most important things. Fact is, that's announcements and league discussion, not locker rooms. I love my locker room so I scroll for it. If people don't like their locker room than placing it front and centre won't make them love it more, it will just be another distraction to scroll past.

Thing is, how long does it take to hit the bottom of the board? 2 seconds, 3 maybe if you scroll slow? I honestly don't see a reason to make the board less visually appealing and less organized by moving the locker rooms just to save 2-3 seconds of scrolling.

Most people, myself included, use "View New Content" anyway which shows everything so why is this such a "major" problem?

Edited by Beketov

It was never made a problem by Caillean though, only merely a suggestion for something that she would prefer.

There's a difference between making a suggestion to see how others feel about it and it being a problem.

Replies by certain people only made it look worse than it should have been and de-railed the thread in a way usually reserved by gorlab.

It was never made a problem by Caillean though, only merely a suggestion for something that she would prefer.

There's a difference between making a suggestion to see how others feel about it and it being a problem.

Replies by certain people only made it look worse than it should have been and de-railed the thread in a way usually reserved by gorlab.

Hey, I had a hand in derailing this one too pls & ty.

According to the OP, it was also often mentioned by new people to her.

• Commissioner

If this is in response to me then I was never laying blame on anyone. I was just stating my opinion but wanted it to be known that things got out of hand so I stopped reading all the comments. Mostly in case some kind of agreement had already been reached.

I did finish reading the topic now.

I doubt anyone is actually leaving the VHL due to the placement of LR's(but if they are, I hope their mental health treatment is successful), but I would think if it's at all possible(I doubt it is) it should be an option for those that want it at the top.

Being in the SHL as well, I see 3 forums at the top every time I log on(LAP,REG and USA) and that's the max amount I'd like to see tbh. Over here, I'm in every VHLM LR + Davos so do I have to see all those at the top?

Seriously, fuck that.

This was never really an issue before the influx of SHL recruits(don't get me wrong, you are all welcome...well, most of you) but it's useful that Caillean has raised it for discussion so we can discuss + and - of the LR location.

Maybe if this does force a change, the VHL'ers can get to change one thing we hate about the SHL?

If this is in response to me then I was never laying blame on anyone. I was just stating my opinion but wanted it to be known that things got out of hand so I stopped reading all the comments. Mostly in case some kind of agreement had already been reached.

I did finish reading the topic now.

Was in a reply to you, but not in any attacking way, just noticed your last comment and felt the need to show the intentions of the initial topic :)

Show some sympathy people, if you were on Seattle then you wouldn't want to see the locker room every time you open the site either.

Well played sir!

I read the first page of this and that's all I could take - too much SHL comparison - and I don't believe that was the intention of the poll. 

I would like the lockerrooms to stay at the bottom.

Not just because I'm used to it, not because it makes us different from the SHL, not because that's just the way it is, but because I like to save the best for last and logistically, it kinda makes more sense. 

Front Offices section should be just that - the first thing a member sees when they come onto the site - in any office, or arena, you always have the reception area, or welcome desk - the lockerroom is not right at the entrance. 

If people want to check the LR they will. If they don't think about it, then clearly their affiliation with the team is not very strong.

Wanting to make the LR at the top of the page because "they forget to check the LR half the time" is the same bs argument as "because I think it's better on the bottom"

Show some sympathy people, if you were on Seattle then you wouldn't want to see the locker room every time you open the site either.

You clearly don't know what I do for a lockerroom atmosphere then