General Football Discussion

Victor

• Admin

Roma had their Italian record opening streak stopped at 10. Now 10-1-0. Sad. Classy team right there, got my support for the Serie A this season.

Atletico keeping pace with Barcelona, want them to win as well, unlikely though, still 3 matches against Real/Barca left.

Bayern/Borussia is fascinating.

Chelsea dropping points for no reason but fortunately still in 2nd. Arsenal will flop soon enough.

Roma had their Italian record opening streak stopped at 10. Now 10-1-0. Sad. Classy team right there, got my support for the Serie A this season.

Atletico keeping pace with Barcelona, want them to win as well, unlikely though, still 3 matches against Real/Barca left.

Bayern/Borussia is fascinating.

Chelsea dropping points for no reason but fortunately still in 2nd. Arsenal will flop soon enough.

Bayern and Borussia is fascinating indeed. Rather funny how Dortmund is beating up their opponents with huge scorelines and Bayern is doing it barely, opposite of the last couple seasons

Not a bad season so far for Spurs.  Would've liked to see a win against Everton, not to mention that entire game was kind of frustrating (Lloris' head injury in particular).  But I can't say I'm upset with the season so far.

• Admin

Bayern and Borussia is fascinating indeed. Rather funny how Dortmund is beating up their opponents with huge scorelines and Bayern is doing it barely, opposite of the last couple seasons

Yeah. It's becoming as close as the El Clasico, as in any dropped points can make a massive impact in the title race. Do believe there's a match coming on near the end of November, can't wait.

And outside from a blip with the Napoli game, absolutely dominant for both in the Champions League. I was in absolute awe watching the Man City game, City are a good team and just wow. It's difficult to predict anything apart from a final rematch but it almost certainly won't happen for whatever reason.

Not a bad season so far for Spurs.  Would've liked to see a win against Everton, not to mention that entire game was kind of frustrating (Lloris' head injury in particular).  But I can't say I'm upset with the season so far.

No massive contributions from the big money acquisitions but still fourth place and time to improve. Today's draw was boring but the perfect result for Chelsea. ;)

You mean Kießling's ghost goal? Oh, look who lost to Wolfsburg 2-1 and who beat Hamburg 5-3.  :P

I know I'm glad they lost to Wolfsburg, looks better for my team. I also wouldn't be bragging about a win if my squad gave up 3 goals to do it. Oh look who is still number 1 in the table...

• Admin

Crazy weekend, Man City lost, Spurs lost, Chelsea drew, Man U fortunately beat Arsenal so it's really interesting now. Southampton for the title imotbh.

Messi injured, Barcelona don't give a fuck (seriously, if he wins Ballon d'Or again...). Italy's got an interesting race going on, though it's probably gonna be Juventus again. EPL is where it's at in terms of title contenders.

Now, them international final WC deciders.

Crazy weekend, Man City lost, Spurs lost, Chelsea drew, Man U fortunately beat Arsenal so it's really interesting now. Southampton for the title imotbh.

Messi injured, Barcelona don't give a fuck (seriously, if he wins Ballon d'Or again...). Italy's got an interesting race going on, though it's probably gonna be Juventus again. EPL is where it's at in terms of title contenders.

Now, them international final WC deciders.

Don't forget Dortmund lost. Bundesliga is a three horse race though

Yes indeed. Feel of the top five leagues, only Man U won't defend their title.

Everyone was saying how Messi can't operate without Xavi and Iniesta. Obviously it's Barca who can't operate without Messi... Also, I don't think Ajax are going to successfully defend their title. AZ and Vitesse are STRONG this year.

Finally acknowledging Leverkusen?  :P

They are tied with Dortmund. Why would a Bayern fan ever acknowledge Leverkusen? Haha you are silly if you think they would. Still second fiddle to us though

They are tied with Dortmund. Why would a Bayern fan ever acknowledge Leverkusen? Haha you are silly if you think they would. Still second fiddle to us though

You are aware that Leverkusen and Bayern drew 1-1 a while back right? Oh, I can't wait until Guangzhou plays Bayern in the Club World Cup.  :wub:

• Admin

Everyone was saying how Messi can't operate without Xavi and Iniesta. Obviously it's Barca who can't operate without Messi... Also, I don't think Ajax are going to successfully defend their title. AZ and Vitesse are STRONG this year.

What? Barcelona are doing perfectly fine without Messi scoring nearly as much as he normally does. Undefeated in all matches since new manager came in. Just scored four goals last night after the injury.

And the Dutch league is not one of the top five.

Also, if Ronaldo doesn't win Ballon d'Or, it better not be Messi. Robben, Ibrahimovic... Anyone

You are aware that Leverkusen and Bayern drew 1-1 a while back right? Oh, I can't wait until Guangzhou plays Bayern in the Club World Cup.  :wub:

I'm aware, not sure why that was brought up though haha. Bayern hasn't lost in 38 matches.

What? Barcelona are doing perfectly fine without Messi scoring nearly as much as he normally does. Undefeated in all matches since new manager came in. Just scored four goals last night after the injury.

Also, if Ronaldo doesn't win Ballon d'Or, it better not be Messi. Robben, Ibrahimovic... Anyone

I think Robben will get it simply for the achievements of one team and he impact he had through the whole CL saga. 

Also if I'm correct you recognize the top 5 the same way I do. England/France/Germany/Spain and Italy? (aka EPL, Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A and Ligue 1).

Oh, they also managed a 0-0 draw against Osasuna a few weeks back right? Same day Man U drew with Southampton  :angry:

Top five is Germany, England, Spain, Italy, and Holland, no?

• Admin

Yeah that's them. France is a questionable one, as in they're not in the top four, but I brought them up because it seems the PSG/Monaco battle isn't as close as some expected. PSG have a headstart and depth, they have become a European contender now. Rest of the league isn't great though plus the new tax system will hurt them.