General Football Discussion

Victor

Yeah, Hiddink would ultimately be my top choice, personally.  I've heard that Laudrup could be in the running but I'm really not sure about him. 

Also, love the Galatasary-Chelsea matchup in the CL.  Drogba returns to Stamford Bridge.

On one hand, I agree. It'll be nice having him come back, and I want to see the fans' reaction. On the other hand, I don't want us to be the team that has to take him out. 

So Sherwood (the interim manager at Spurs) has officially signed a contract.  I'm assuming this means that he'll be manager for the rest of the season and they'll go for someone like van Gaal in the summer (since his contract is expiring and it's likely that Hiddink is replacing him as the Dutch NT coach after the World Cup).  If the team plays under Sherwood like they did in the second half vs. Southampton, I'm all for it.

Also, the last four teams that have been on top of the BPL table at Christmas have gone on to win the league.  Wonder if Liverpool can pull it off?

He's actually staying as manager until the end of 2014-15 according to BBC. After just two games!

Hm, that's certainly different then.  Didn't realize how long term the contract is.

I'm starting to like his style of coaching (no high back line, two strikers, actually playing Adebayor), plus I've heard that he's set some strict rules on the players, but yeah, two games might be a bit early.

• Admin

How about that Chelsea game today! A real barnburner!

Expected from Chelsea sadly. Arsenal just can't cope with good teams though. Completely different team.

Man City v Liverpool should be much more entertaining.

So Sherwood (the interim manager at Spurs) has officially signed a contract.  I'm assuming this means that he'll be manager for the rest of the season and they'll go for someone like van Gaal in the summer (since his contract is expiring and it's likely that Hiddink is replacing him as the Dutch NT coach after the World Cup).  If the team plays under Sherwood like they did in the second half vs. Southampton, I'm all for it.

Also, the last four teams that have been on top of the BPL table at Christmas have gone on to win the league.  Wonder if Liverpool can pull it off?

As a Liverpool fan and Stevie G fan boy.....I highly doubt it. Suarez will probably attack someone and get a 6 month ban to further complicate matters.

Arsenal game was just awful. Desperately need a game breaking striker, also were missing Wilshere (and Koscielny to a lesser degree). I love Giroud, but he just isn't getting it done versus the teams we need him to get it done against. Let's hope the January window is kind to us and Wegner realizes this is our first legitimate shot in awhile.

English soccer at least has respect and have good players. The US teams and players are mostly just downright awful and is really sad.. Thats why I follow the EPL.. Manchester City :)

Chelsea fan here. City's the one other big EPL team I don't hate, but instead am neutral toward. 

• 3 weeks later...

Medical's are medicals. They are still considered signed, but for media purposes they say "has to clear". It's almost certain he will pass.

Edited by Kendrick