Liverpool transfer rumo(u)rs

• Admin

Hah I just hovered over the link and it said 325m Benteke release clause.

Anyway, apparently y'all are getting Ings as well and maybe even Clyne too cuz EN-GR-LAND. And ridiculous rumour of the day goes to Sterling for Walcott and Gibbs. Cuz EN-GR-LAND.

As much as I'd like to see Milner sign for Liverpool, I refuse to get excited over it until his name is on paper. He could just as easily join Arsenal, though I would hesitantly mention as well that he wants first team football, and he's more likely to get it at Liverpool than at Arsenal. As for Benteke... meh. Everyone saw the difference that Suarez made, and the same with Torres before him. Liverpool need to spend big on a striker, but they have to sign someone who is a proven goalscorer. Benteke has only proven himself to be inconsistent.

Who the hell is Denis Cheryshev and why would we pay 15 Million Euros for someone who has been at Real Madrid for 4 years and not played first team football once? Is he even any good? The lack of CL football really hurts recruitment :(

Cherysev is one of those prospects who just never made the grade at Real. He's been on loan at Villarreal, and I've heard some good things about him, but I've not seen him play. Verdict: ???

• Admin

any chance on Vietto? I know he wants Atletico, but I WANT HIM

bros with Simeone

Who the hell is Denis Cheryshev and why would we pay 15 Million Euros for someone who has been at Real Madrid for 4 years and not played first team football once? Is he even any good? The lack of CL football really hurts recruitment :(

decent at Villareal though haven't heard much since the turn of the year. Not playing for Real is hardly a crime.

Most recent Liverpool news is that Skrtel isn't happy with a contract he was offered, since it was "pay as you play" rather than a regular salary. Considering he's the same age as Milner, who is similar in age but has been given a regular salary, you can understand his disappointment I guess.

I'm not a big fan of Skrtel's temperament (That stamp on De Gea for example), but he's Liverpool's best CB atm and has been a good servant for them, which makes their decision to offer that kind of contract surprising. That's more the kind of deal you give to either a much older player or a guy whose been ravaged with injuries (Owen Hargreaves had a similar contract at one point I believe)

Most recent Liverpool news is that Skrtel isn't happy with a contract he was offered, since it was "pay as you play" rather than a regular salary. Considering he's the same age as Milner, who is similar in age but has been given a regular salary, you can understand his disappointment I guess.

I'm not a big fan of Skrtel's temperament (That stamp on De Gea for example), but he's Liverpool's best CB atm and has been a good servant for them, which makes their decision to offer that kind of contract surprising. That's more the kind of deal you give to either a much older player or a guy whose been ravaged with injuries (Owen Hargreaves had a similar contract at one point I believe)

Yea he is quite reckless player sometimes,  plays extremely close to the limit inside the box.  Especially when defending corners 

Ings in the bag as well. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about him, but he's young and we're getting him for almost nothing (we'll have to pay Burnley some compensation because he's under 24), so it can't be bad business. Origi, on the other hand... 

More good news: Glen Johnson is finally leaving. I don't mind Johnson, but he's on something like 90k a week, which is ridiculous. I'd like to see the club cop on and organise a realistic contract for Skrtel, but with Milner and Ings coming in and Johnson (and apparently Brad Jones) going out, the transfer window has gotten off to a good start. Here's hoping we can and do spend big on a quality striker, and I will stress the word quality. You know, the opposite of Origi.

let's not forget origi is still only 20 and played some minutes for Belgium on some pretty big stages. he had a horrific year but he's still young... he's more of a winger, no?  why the hate for him?  I assume you know more :)

vietto is going to atletico

benteke may stay with aston villa

we're possibly going to sign clyne at fullback

does that mean we'll go after an older, more established player rather than a young, rising star?

So you've got Adam Bogdan now! Admittedly the only thing that comes to my mind for him is the time he was lobbed by Tim Howard, but he's probably a better backup than Jones. 

let's not forget origi is still only 20 and played some minutes for Belgium on some pretty big stages. he had a horrific year but he's still young... he's more of a winger, no?  why the hate for him?  I assume you know more :)

Ah, I'm probably being very harsh on the lad. He is still young, and I was impressed by him at the World Cup, but he is more of a winger, and thus not the answer to our goal-scoring needs. He also did have a horrific season.

And I'd be very surprised to see Falcao at Liverpool. Chelsea are reported to be interested, and I doubt he'd choose Liverpool over them. Tevez is supposed to be leaving Juve, though; I'd kill to see him line out for us next year!