NHL 14: Be a GM Mode

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw well Dallas does sure value Benn.. 10-1 win over the Leafs simulated? Wtf?

No they don't, he isn't worth giving up Datysuk for if its a 1 for 1 deal. Benn is good but not Pavel good. That being said you should've tried to get a draft pick out of Ottawa as well.

Now trade Tootoo for a 6th rounder.

Datysuk is an expensive, old player that is useless for a rebuild anyways.

Expensive, old but still more valuable than Benn to a contending team. You get more from him

OCTOBER  5-7-1 (11 POINTS)

VS BUFFALO  1-2 (OT LOSS)

@ CAROLINA  2-5 (LOSS)

@ BOSTON  2-1 (WIN)

VS PHOENIX  3-6 (LOSS)

VS PHILADELPHIA 2-1 (WIN)

@ BOSTON 3-2 (WIN)

VS COLUMBUS 3-2 (WIN/)

@ COLORADO 2-4 (LOSS)

@ PHOENIX 1-5 (LOSS)

VS SAN JOSE 4-5 (LOSS)

VS OTTAWA (WERE DATSYUK IS) 2-3 (LOSS)

VS NY RANGERS 4-0 (WIN)

@ VANCOUVER  1-2 (LOSS)

WHAT CAN WE DO TO IMPROVE? WHAT NUMBERS WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE?

Trade Alfredson and Lashoff and try to upgrade the RW position

who should we go for, cause remeber we are going for a rebuild so i want players that we can use for 4-8 seasons

Deal Weiss for someone cheaper, even if a similar age (ideally a little younger, but can stay the same if need be)

Deal Alfredsson for someone younger, even if salary stays about the same and skill takes a slight hit (but not too big a hit)

Deal Weiss for someone cheaper, even if a similar age (ideally a little younger, but can stay the same if need be)

Deal Alfredsson for someone younger, even if salary stays about the same and skill takes a slight hit (but not too big a hit)

will try this tonight

any suggestions for

diamond_ace, on 17 Nov 2013 - 9:34 PM, said:snapback.png

like who should i go after for them? who should i try to get or what

so I'm going to try to deal Weiss for Hubredue and some picks i don't know how well its going to go over but he is a std that will develop nicely along with our older men

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

SO I AM GOING TO START PICKING THIS UP AGAIN.

WHEN I LEFT OFF D_A LEFT US WITH 

ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHO I SHOULD GO AFTER?

Honestly because the NHLXX: Be A GM Mode is truly a game, i take a roster (usually the Capitals), sell off all the old players (29+) and the players who have contracts that are just way too much. I usually have over $21 million in cap space. From the trades of the older players, because most of the time they are overvalued, the computer gives me a ton of picks and decent prospects or players who are mid 70s+… Then as i play, all my players grow and come draft time, i gain like 13 prospects. Then FA i resign a bunch of players and grab a bunch of players that i like.. still have over $15 million in cap space.

I basically have a team of no-name prospects mixed in with a few popular players, and the thing is, i still make the playoffs each year. I went all the way up to the year 2022, and i won the cup every year but 2016, and I sold Ovechkin after the first season.

So i do not see much strategy in the NHL games, just have fun… MY favorite part is how many no-name prospects I can have playing in the NHL and still win.. lol

The mode needs an overhaul. For replay valum, it needs to be on the level of Madden's franchise mode. But I know that will never happen.

Deal Alfie. Dunno why you'd get rid of Weiss.

Madden does not have a good GM mode anymore.. They destroyed it in hopes of ppl converting to online.. Well screw you Madden! haha

Alfredsson to who for who or what?

1) Chicago for Toews or Kane +picks

2) Capitals for Backstrom + picks

Edited by d3vilsfire