Brandon Holmes

Kesler

"Waiver Priority is based on the reverse order of the standings at the time that a player is put on waivers. By claiming a player on waivers, the team does not go to last in priority, either, but stays at the position they are in based on the reverse order of standings."

from the rule book. But, the waiver rule inside the rule book isn't respected (imo) so which one is the real one ?

• Senior Admin

You're right, I suppose 24 hours to see if Helsinki claims is in order. 

Nothing from the rulebook or the thread seem to contradict each other so not sure what you mean. 

My point being, with the cap system in place (60% at the deadline etc) being able to send players for free at any time is a major flaw in the system. 

"Waivers are a tool through which a team can send a player to the minors. A player who has to go through waivers is offered up to all other teams before he can be placed in the minors."  - NHL Rule

The second phrase could make us think that, okay, we are fine, the player is offered to every team and if he is claimed, the team takes full salary, right. But the problem is, here in the VHL, we have a system where players can't stay in the VHLM if they are over 175 TPE (25 banked). Therefore, those players aren't eligible to be sent down (Wolfgang, Holmes etc) Since the NHL doesn't have such rule that limits players to be sent in the minor system, their rule is valid. BUT, here, it's not the same.

So if GM wants to release a player, he would need to go through the release system which lead him to keep 50% of the player salary through the rest of his contract.

My point probably won't be hear, but that is one of the major flaw of the system which encourage teams to tank and offers an easy way to dump cap to the worst team of the league (because they have the priority every time, which is also bad) 

Edited by boubabi

My point being, with the cap system in place (60% at the deadline etc) being able to send players for free at any time is a major flaw in the system. 

"Waivers are a tool through which a team can send a player to the minors. A player who has to go through waivers is offered up to all other teams before he can be placed in the minors."  - NHL Rule

The second phrase could make us think that, okay, we are fine, the player is offered to every team and if he is claimed, the team takes full salary, right. But the problem is, here in the VHL, we have a system where players can't stay in the VHLM if they are over 175 TPE (25 banked). Therefore, those players aren't eligible to be sent down (Wolfgang, Holmes etc) Since the NHL doesn't have such rule that limits players to be sent in the minor system, their rule is valid. BUT, here, it's not the same.

So if GM wants to release a player, he would need to go through the release system which lead him to keep 50% of the player salary through the rest of his contract.

My point probably won't be hear, but that is one of the major flaw of the system which encourage teams to tank and offers an easy way to dump cap to the worst team of the league (because they have the priority every time, which is also bad) 

If he clears FA I will just do what the Kings did about Richards. Exterminate that bitch.

and the rule (releasing a player) inside the book rule is contradictory with the rule inside victor's post.

contradictory is probably not the word I should use here, but they (the rules) aren't the same

Edited by boubabi