Premier League Talk 15/16

• Admin

I mean they do win every second season based on my highly accurate sample of four seasons.

Their struggles last season were overstated (basically 3 wins off the title) though I do believe that at some point keeping the same aging group of players leads to them not giving a shit anymore after all the money and trophies... but I guess there's still something left.

On paper, they've probably been the best team without pause since 2011.

Out of interest, when FM 2016 comes out, would anyone be interested in doing like a league save where we give the save game file to a different member after each month or couple of months simmed in the game? I really couldn't get into FM 2015 so I'm trying to come up with ways to get back interested and think this idea could be fun for those interested.

City may have only signed Sterling, but if Yaya continues his form it's like they've got a brand new superstar. He's playing like he did 2 seasons ago - brilliantly.

Liverpool were lucky to win that game against Bouremouth - 2 less than impressive wins but it's the Ws that count. Arsenal/Liverpool next weekend! 

Out of interest, when FM 2016 comes out, would anyone be interested in doing like a league save where we give the save game file to a different member after each month or couple of months simmed in the game? I really couldn't get into FM 2015 so I'm trying to come up with ways to get back interested and think this idea could be fun for those interested.

i call june - august

City may have only signed Sterling, but if Yaya continues his form it's like they've got a brand new superstar. He's playing like he did 2 seasons ago - brilliantly.

Liverpool were lucky to win that game against Bouremouth - 2 less than impressive wins but it's the Ws that count. Arsenal/Liverpool next weekend! 

Yaya is a beast!  Fun player to watch. 

• Admin

Liverpool have learned well from Man United.

I don't think we played too poorly.  Coutinho had a couple of really good chances, Bournemouth keeper made an incredible save against Benteke just getting a finger on it.  I thought our center backs and Gomez could have played a bit better despite clean sheet.  Was a blatant foul on Bournemouth's goal, unless Lovren purposefully retracted his neck to miss the header. The Bournemouth player used Lovren as a launching pad, keeping the defender down and launching himself forward.

The Benteke/Clyne signings look great. Excited to see how team looks when Sturridge gets back.

Edited by CoachReilly

Well credit to Bouremouth (my dad was born there so I have a soft spot for them) They played attacking soccer and tbh I can't believe they haven't yet scored in the 180 minutes. They defended well against us to and put together some dangerous and coherent attacks. I really hope they stay up. 

I'm a bit late i know but im finally catching up on my soccer, I just watched Man U against Tottenham and was very unimpressed. The game seemed slow to me and the only goal was a own goal from Kyle Walker. However Memphis put in a good show while Harry Kane seemed to have no support up front 

AFC Bournmouth vs Aston Villa has been a pretty decent game, Bournmouth have been attack attack attack but no finishing at all. Aston Villa have had no chances really except a corner that went in and lead 1-0 and it seems it will finish that way

what are your guys thoughts?

Edited by StevenStamkos91

Just started picking up on Premier League this season and being from the USA, picking a team didn't come easy. I've watched both Arsenal games and Mesut Ozil is my favorite player. So it made some sense to start following them. I've always had some good knowledge of the BPL, but never followed it to any extreme. Hard not to side with a powerhouse club.

It may have been against Club Brugge, but my god, Memphis Depay on ManU is something special.

Edited by Matt

Did I say league goals?

I meant PREMIER LEAGUE GOALS since he's getting signed by Real Madrid any day now.

and madrid will continue to be the most underachieving team in the universe.  i struggle to see kane being a truly world class player

Just started picking up on Premier League this season and being from the USA, picking a team didn't come easy. I've watched both Arsenal games and Mesut Ozil is my favorite player. So it made some sense to start following them. I've always had some good knowledge of the BPL, but never followed it to any extreme. Hard not to side with a powerhouse club.

It may have been against Club Brugge, but my god, Memphis Depay on ManU is something special.

liverpoooooooooooooooool.  when we do win, it will be so unexpected it will be worth it.

#HotTake

I'm a bit late i know but im finally catching up on my soccer, I just watched Man U against Tottenham and was very unimpressed. The game seemed slow to me and the only goal was a own goal from Kyle Walker. However Memphis put in a good show while Harry Kane seemed to have no support up front 

AFC Bournmouth vs Aston Villa has been a pretty decent game, Bournmouth have been attack attack attack but no finishing at all. Aston Villa have had no chances really except a corner that went in and lead 1-0 and it seems it will finish that way

what are your guys thoughts?

Yea the Man utd vs Tottenham game was quite terrible game.  I think it was the first game of the season for both teams.. so its only going to get better. Tottenham is a fun team to watch , never know what is going to happen  :P

Yea the Man utd vs Tottenham game was quite terrible game.  I think it was the first game of the season for both teams.. so its only going to get better. Tottenham is a fun team to watch , never know what is going to happen  :P

i enjoy watching Tottenham usually as like you said literally anything can happen haha

just finished watching West Ham upset Arsenal in Week 1. Payet seems to be such a good talent. He is very fast and just has ice in the veins when he has the ball, you never know what hes going to do. While Arsenal was pretty flat footed except for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. I love Alexis Sanchez so i was disappointed to see him come off the bench. While the defence really let the team down while Petr Cech was underwhelming in this game. He should have had both goal imo 

Me and my GF's PVR was getting pretty full so i needed to delete a game from the past few weeks before i got to watch it and i chose to delete the Southhampton vs Newcastle game which seemed to be a bad choice as it looked like a pretty good game

Edited by StevenStamkos91