Claimed:XXX MVP Impact?

Baozi

• Head Moderator

XXX MVP Impact

www.VHLHockeyNews.com

1297490512553_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

With only some 20 games left in the season. XXX has clearly established himself as a top tier prospect going into the season 36 draft. With 52 goals scored in 50 games, he leads the Saskatoon Wild in goals by an immense difference; the next closest goal s scored on the team is 21. Of the 148 goals scored by the Wild, Xin Xie Xiao has accounted for 35% of the teams goals scoring and considering his 78 points, figures into 53% of the Wild’s offensive output. On the ice XXX has been a dominating force, in more than the goal scoring facet. He leads the team and is second in the league with hits, registering 259 as he has displayed a willingness to make it difficult for other teams to retain possession of the puck. While these are impressive numbers, XXX did encounter a minor slump through the midway part of the season where he struggled to adjust to the number of games played continuously. It has seemed that he has overcome that particular hurdle as he has been on fire in the last few weeks.

The latest scouting reports on XXX have been quite favourable despite his mid season slump. As his pre-season report suggested, XXX has terrific scoring ability and has great size and physical tools at his disposal. He is what many scouts see as great pick for any team searching for a power forward on the wing. He isn’t without his flaws however and it remains to be seen how well he can adapt to the VHL environment. It is basically out of the question for a team to return him to the VHLM, it simply isn’t enough of a challenge for him as he is able to overpower most of his opponents physically already. Against VHL veterans that might be a completely different story however as he will need to increase his strength to play his same physical style. His skating, which is adequate for the junior level also needs to be improved for the next step. It is ok, not great and he stands to get stronger and faster on his stride. He also doesn’t utilize his teammates very well still, a problem that seems to be a recurring trend. Any team looking to pick him up should know that he isn’t much of a playmaker and rather drives the net or will take the shot rather than hold and pass it around.

1297394252846_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

Some other fringe factors that will alter his final ranking are some of his intangibles. He is a clutch player and loves the pressure situation, he is third in the league with 9 game winning goals and leads the league in short handed goals with 2. While he isn’t developing overly quick, XXX is slowly and surely working on rounding out his game. He is someone that teams will have to be fairly patient with but at the very least, could be a great depth player if not a top six forward. He has also been fairly vocal in the locker room and according to sources, has a great sense of humour and is fun to be around.

History has shown that clients of agent Terence Fong or players from his academy typically do end up having good careers in the VHL, so it is no surprise that XXX is off to a great start in what hopes to be long and successful career in pro hockey.

• Head Moderator

None of my players ever did that well in the VHLM :) They all went on to win the big money :)

Efficiency also states I have a HoF player and you still have 0 :D So you're at 0% efficiency :)

None of my players ever did that well in the VHLM :) They all went on to win the big money :)

Efficiency also states I have a HoF player and you still have 0 :D So you're at 0% efficiency :)

But I have one article all about myself in the VHL 20/20!  :lol:

Content: 3/3 It was over the 500 word limit and it was a solid read

Grammar: 2/2 Nothing worth docking. I noted a few mistakes at the bottom though

Appearance: 1/1 Looks pretty good to me

With only some 20 games left in the season. XXX has - With only some 20 games left in the season(,) XXX has

goal s - goal(s)

Grade: 6/6

Edited by Da Trifecta

Content: 3/3 - XXX is more or less going to be awesome. End of story.

Grammar: 2/2 - YEAH!

Appearance: 1/1 - The pictures don't work unless you click on them. Odd, but I don't think it's your fault.

Overall: 6/6 - 

FINAL: 6/6

• 1 month later...