The Closing Ceremonies

Phil

The Closing Ceremonies

5wgpjk.png:vhl:  :vhl:  :vhl:  :vhl:  :vhl:  :vhl: 5wgpjk.png

la-et-st-olympics-closing-ceremony-time-

alg-hockey-us-russia-jpg-360x220.jpg

Introduction:

Welcome to the Closing Ceremonies of the Season 44 Super Cup, the fourth ever installment of the tournament. Congratulations to Paramorise's team, Campbell's Chicken Noodles, for being the fourth team to win it all! Overall it was quite a competitive and successful tournament and one which I enjoyed perusing through the game threads and seeing some very interesting games. Molholt and I worked very hard to bring you the most entertaining Super Cup yet. The addition of a Mock Draft component, Predictions, and the Live Draft Streaming for the Super Cup spurred at least some more attention to the tournament than seen in the past and hopefully added to everyone's enjoyment of it.

This was my first time Commissioning the Super Cup and, as can be expected, it was far from perfect. There are already changes I would make to this tournament and the way it is organized. Despite all Molholt's and my efforts, there still was seemingly not enough interest in the Super Cup. I will be presenting the Board of Governors with detailed feedback about it and changes I would implement if I were to be hired as Commissioner once again. I strongly urge you as members to PM me with changes you'd like to see that could help your enjoyment of it. I would very much appreciate your feedback, as I would incorporate that into my presentation to the BoG.

5wgpjk.png

Giving Thanks:
We all understand that every single one of us has “real” lives and “real-life” commitments. The VHL is a fun leisure activity that we do in our free and spare time because we enjoy it. Because of this, I think it is very important to take a moment to thank all the people that help run this site and keep it alive. In terms of the Super Cup, I have a few thanks that I would like to make:

I'd like to thank the VHL Commissioners: Higgins, Draper, and flyersfan for their tireless efforts, endless support, and enlightened input into many aspects of the Super Cup. They are my beacons above the water and my anchor below.

Shout-out of thanks to our Super Cup GMs: Streetlight, CowboyInAmerica, DollarAndADream, Paramorise, StevenStamkos91, and Ahma. Their efforts and enthusiasm throughout the event did not go unnoticed. Specifically, their very quick responses to PMs and how we all worked together to find a time for the draft that we could all do (and considering we had a spread of locations from Vancouver to Latvia, an insane 12-hour time-difference, that is quite a feat!). Not only finding the time for the draft but then to sit through a 4-hour draft to pick their teams leaves no doubt in my mind that they all wanted to be there and perform their roles to the best of their abilities. Because of their hard work, all six of you are rewarded with an uncapped TPE which you can claim immediately. Thank you all!

Another big thanks goes out to my co-commissioner, Molholt, who despite working full time, gave up his evenings and weekends to help me run the tournament. He and I developed a great rapport together in Seattle and his collaboration with me on the Seattle Bears S43 Team PT was the reason I knew we’d make a great Commissioning team for this tournament. We complement each other very well, as he brings with him many skills to the table that I do not possess. The Super Cup would have been pretty bland if it were not for him, and so Molholt, thank you brother.

And last, but least of all, thanks goes out to YOU, the members of this site that make all the hours of organization worth it. I try to put as much work as I can into this site, not because I like doing the work, but because I love the site and all the members on here. You guys ARE the community and without you, there’d be no VHL. And so all the work I do is for you guys. You bring me so many hours of joy and entertainment, laughs and trolls, intrigue and drama, that I feel like I want to give back a bit to the community. I love you all because you are the VHL. Thank you

5wgpjk.png

The All-Time Super Cup Stats

The All-Time stats have been updated! We have had many changes in the standings but here are some of note that I would like to highlight for everyone to see:

Congratulations to Tom Slaughter, for becoming the Super Cup's all-time top Goal Scorer and Scorer! 

Congratulations to Bruno Wolf for having the Super Cup's all-time highest plus/minus rating!

Congratulations to Rami Jakobssen for becoming tied for the Super Cup's most Game Winning Goals! 

Congratulations to Brock Waldron for having the Super Cup's all-time best Save Percentage!

5wgpjk.png

S44 Super Cup Champions
And now we move onto the Awards for the tournament! It is very interesting how different groups of players (compared to their respected VHL teams) connect and find chemistry. This tournament should actually interest the VHL General Managers more than anyone else. It’s a neat way to find out how an O’Malley would do with a 3 Moons, or how a Richardson pairs up with a Wylde. This should be seen as a tournament to get ideas for trades and alike. Anyway, without further ado, here is your Super Cup winner and the final standings for the tournament:

mVGlVca.png

:2nd:: Phil's Porridge

:3rd: KKKendrick
4th: Better Call Boychuk
5th: Odin Tordahl's Great Raven
6th: L33t Hakkerz

5wgpjk.png

S44 Super Cup Awards

We saw an inordinate amount of skill displayed in the Super Cup and had numerous different heroes from different teams and among different teams during the round robin and the elimination rounds. The team scoring leaders from every team were almost inverted from the first 10 games and the elimination! The VHL Commissioners and Super Cup Commissioners reached the consensus that the outcome of these awards would be based on the entire tournament and not just the round robin. Despite this, we still had 3 2-way ties for all the scoring categories. The Top Rookie award included players from the S44, S45, and S46 class. If you predicted one of the two winners for a given category, then you were awarded a correct prediction.

Most Points:

Jody 3 Moons (Better Call Boychuk) =  21

Bruno Wolf (Campbell's Chicken Noodles) = 21

Most Goals:
Rami Jakobssen (Better Call Boychuk) = 11
Shadu Rathod Jr (Campbell's Chicken Noodles) = 11

Most Assists:
Tyler Cote (Better Call Boychuk) = 14
Mason Richardson (Campbell's Chicken Noodles) = 14

Top Defenseman:

2zflrgn.jpg

Mason Richardson (Campbell's Chicken Noodles): 16GP | 3G - 14A - 17P | +1 | 59HIT | 26SB

Top Goalie:

2upphg1.jpg

Blake Campbell (Campbell's Chicken Noodles): 14GP | 11W | 0.934SV% | 2.11GAA

Top Rookie:

j7vzid.jpg

Simon Valmount - RW (Phil's Porridge): 15GP | 4G - 4A - 8P | -4 | 31HIT | 7SB

Top Two-Way Forward:

2vcf3ew.jpg

Tyler Cote (Better Call Boychuk): 15GP | 6G - 14A - 20P | +2 | 64HIT | 10SB

The Unofficial MVP:

Bruno Wolf (Campbell's Chicken Noodles): 16GP | 10G - 11A - 21P | +5 | 72HIT | 6SB

5wgpjk.png

Award Prediction Claim List
Please Link this thread to your update post when you claim your reward.

Advantage: 1 TPE
Ahma: 1 TPE
Arce: 1 TPE
Ball: 1 TPE
Beketov: 0 TPE
boom: 1 TPE
boubabi: 0 TPE
brovy: 1 TPE
Christmas: 1 TPE
CoachReilly: 1 TPE
Corco: 1 TPE
CowboyinAmerica: 0 TPE
Cuffy: 1 TPE
dankoa: 1 TPE
der meister: 1 TPE
diamond_ace: 0 TPE
Dmoushey_31: 1 TPE
DollarAndADream: 1 TPE
Draper: 0 TPE
DT: 1 TPE
Duddy: 1 TPE
eaglesfan036: 0 TPE
flyersfan1493: 1 TPE
Frank: 1 TPE
frescoelmo: 1 TPE
gorlab: 1 TPE
Green: 1 TPE
Harumpf: 1 TPE
hedgehog337: 1 TPE
Higgins: 1 TPE
Hybrid1486: 1 TPE
James: 1 TPE
Jamie: 0 TPE
jRuutu: 0 TPE
Kel: 0 TPE
Kendrick: 1 TPE
Kyle: 1 TPE
Mike: 0 TPE
Molholt: 1 TPE
Mr. Power: 0 TPE
Munk: 1 TPE
NUCK: 1 TPE
Paramorise: 1 TPE
Phil: 0 TPE
philthethrill81: 0 TPE
Renomitsu: 1 TPE
RomanesEuntDomus: 1 TPE
Sixersfan549: 1 TPE
Smarch: 1 TPE
solas: 1 TPE
sterling: 0 TPE
StevenStamkos91: 0 TPE
stevo: 0 TPE
Streetlight: 0 TPE
STZ: 1 TPE
Toast: 1 TPE
Tylar: 0 TPE
Velevra: 0 TPE
Victor: 0 TPE
YEAH!: 0 TPE

5wgpjk.png

Closing Statements:

And so officially concludes the Season 44 Super Cup. I honestly hope at least a handful of you really enjoyed the tournament. I think this has the potential to be an event that every member looks forward to every three seasons but it still has some work to do in order to captivate its audience. I will continue to work hard to bring you the best possible tournaments in the future, given the opportunity, and I will not rest until Detective Zero has been avenged! (Sorry, got off track there).

Thank you to Molholt for the Specialized Super Cup sigs and logo and thank you to Green for the Championship Banners! Let’s have a fantastic Season 45 and from everyone here at KnightTime Studios, have a great night. This is Phil Knight signing off.

5wgpjk.png
Edited by Phil

The VHL Commissioners and Super Cup Commissioners reached the consensus that the outcome of these awards would be based on the entire tournament and not just the round robin. 

very very very strange decision making here. 

So it's actually better to finish 3rd than 1st during the round robin

Edited by boubabi

very very very strange decision making here. 

So it's actually better to finish 3rd than 1st during the round robin

Not if you want to ensure a top four finish? 

But welcome to Hockey - I suppose then you agree with me that finishing 9th in the conference is infinitely shittier than finishing last... which is utter bullshit.

Not if you want to ensure a top four finish? 

But welcome to Hockey - I suppose then you agree with me that finishing 9th in the conference is infinitely shittier than finishing last... which is utter bullshit.

so why the VHL awards doesn't count the VHL Playoffs stats to determine a winner ? Anyway, already gave you my opinion on that. Straight non sense considering the top 2 teams had minimum 2 less games played than the other. 

Edited by boubabi

• Admin

Thanks for your time Phil - I sadly again wasn't too into it but I'm not really the target audience at this point, looking at it from the outside it seems to have been more enjoyable than the first three.

Damn we all suck at predictions..