MLB Discussion

gregreg

• 2 months later...

So what do you do when:

- You (Walker) get called out on a play at the plate that was borderline (for the record, I actually think this one was the right call, even after seeing the replay, but it's the only one)

- Your opponent (Lucroy) hits, stops because it looks like it's going foul, then runs to first, having not arrived at first by the time Marte approaches the ball. Fan picks up the live ball, Lucroy is awarded a double when he'd never have gotten to second before a throw

- You get 3 different called third strikes, all in key spots, on balls that were 1. outside, 2. low and inside, 3. VERY low and inside and practically at the batter (Martin)'s ankles (3 wouldn't have been a strike unless the batter knelt on the ground, the other two were balls on replay (saw replays of all of them on the news when I got back) but could have been argued in real time, 3 was never close)

- Your catcher (Martin) gets thrown out arguing the last called third strike (3 from the previous point), which ended the inning with a fast runner on third (Marte), and was on a 3-2 count so a ball would have extended the inning and put another guy on (with Alvarez to come up)

- You get called out on a steal attempt and challenge it (it was overturned and given safe, but the fact it was called out in the first place further reinforces the umpire bias)

- You still manage to outhit the opposing team but the hits are spread out too much

- You lose the game 1-0.

WHY IS THIS THE ONE GAME SO FAR THIS SEASON THAT I GO TO FML

Edited by diamond_ace

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This move should have been made ages ago, but it's going to be really weird seeing Rollins in a Dodgers uniform this season.

One of the weirdest sights to see in the league next year will be him, yes. 

Astros made some very big moves today in grabbed Gregerson and Neshek. It's big news, for the Astros. I find it funny that the A's have traded much of their Playoff roster away and acquired guys who were on other playoff rosters haha. Oh Billyyyy

One of the weirdest sights to see in the league next year will be him, yes. 

Astros made some very big moves today in grabbed Gregerson and Neshek. It's big news, for the Astros. I find it funny that the A's have traded much of their Playoff roster away and acquired guys who were on other playoff rosters haha. Oh Billyyyy

No complaints here! :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...