MLB Discussion

gregreg

6 hours ago, Nero said:

1st place got me all...

091815_tor_stroman_lowres_nmjlu836.gif

Don;t wanna burst your bubble but before season started, MLB analysts said Toronto should win division by 8+ games. With that said, I will laugh if they make playoffs and then get knocked out in 1st round. It's 1 thing to do well in regular season, it's another to perform when it counts the most..

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

Don;t wanna burst your bubble but before season started, MLB analysts said Toronto should win division by 8+ games. With that said, I will laugh if they make playoffs and then get knocked out in 1st round. It's 1 thing to do well in regular season, it's another to perform when it counts the most..

Preseason predicting is all relative. Some supposed experts would predict a division title with 8 game cushion while those of us who are more realistic didn't think that would happen given our lack of elite pitching. But things are coming together and the Jays are getting hot at the right time. Hopefully we swing another minor deal or two to shore up the bullpen and add some rotation depth.

I think Cleveland/Boston will represent the American League. Dark-horse pick could be Detroit if they sneak in.

In the NL, I think it's hard to ignore the Giants. I dont think the Cubs will represent the NL unfortunately. They peaked too early.

1st place was fun...for a day. lol. 

I'll take 2/3 games against Baltimore. I'll even take them picking up Wade Miley. Miley is one of those guy that just can't pitch well in the AL East. Fingers f'ing crossed that Tulo doesn't miss extended time with the thumb. I expect a little more pitching insurance tomorrow. Thinking a smaller deal to pick up Jim Johnson from the Braves. 

37 minutes ago, Nero said:

1st place was fun...for a day. lol. 

I'll take 2/3 games against Baltimore. I'll even take them picking up Wade Miley. Miley is one of those guy that just can't pitch well in the AL East. Fingers f'ing crossed that Tulo doesn't miss extended time with the thumb. I expect a little more pitching insurance tomorrow. Thinking a smaller deal to pick up Jim Johnson from the Braves. 

We need Tulo back. Especially with the non flexible 25 man roster we have now

This trade deadline solidifies the theory we'll see:  ALCS - Rangers vs. Tribe & NLCS - Cubs vs. Giants. As for the Jays, I'm excited to see Liriano come up and work with Russ again. Sanchez slides back to the pen for preservation. Highlight of the day was telling Chavez to pack his shit. Low point is having to listen as the Yankees re-tooled their farm. 

Hutchinson I think will do well with Pittsburgh. Liriano is a mystery. Which version will show up?

Yankees (oh yeah!) did a great job replenishing their farm system. Great job by Cashman/Steinbrenner to do what NYY fans have been asking for the last 3 years..

On 8/1/2016 at 8:17 PM, ChrisF said:

Hutchinson I think will do well with Pittsburgh. Liriano is a mystery. Which version will show up?

Yankees (oh yeah!) did a great job replenishing their farm system. Great job by Cashman/Steinbrenner to do what NYY fans have been asking for the last 3 years..

Yeah the market was great for sellers, especially those with guys who are FA's next year...  Some of those multi-year guys (ie. Sale, Puig, etc...) were probably better off getting unloaded during the offseason anyways.  Should be interesting to see the winter meetings unfold.

• 2 months later...
On 10/5/2016 at 11:26 AM, TheLastOlympian07 said:

wasnt that supposed to happen last year but then this happened?

I don't really think is was supposed to happen... we were underdogs last year