VHL Donation Index

sterling

6 minutes ago, bigAL said:

$15 donation 80172616G5918593R

The bribe to get @PatrikLaine to stay in Miami S73

5 uncapped TPE
$1M player store
Doubles Week

As a high school student who can't really earn money (focus on studies) you didn't need to do this, but I really appreciate it!

11 minutes ago, PatrikLaine said:

As a high school student who can't really earn money (focus on studies) you didn't need to do this, but I really appreciate it!

You owe me straight-As now

4DG488968T1158321

15$ donation, Peace already bought me doubles so I'd like to spend the 5$ extra on 5 uncapped TPE for @Steve

as for me, 5 Uncapped TPE

and 1 million player store

edit: having been informed of the vetoing going on I will spend that extra 5$ on a doubles week for myself now instead of the 5 uncapped TPE for Steve.

Edited by ROOKIE745

• Commissioner
16 hours ago, Peace said:

$30 CAD Donation
Transaction ID: 74639372W54833340

For Killinger: ($10) 
- 5 Uncapped
- Doubles Week

For @ROOKIE745 ($5) 
- Doubles Week

For @Steve ($5) 
- Doubles Week

For @Corco ($5)
- Doubles Week

For @joeg ($5)
- Doubles Week

WE - ARE - LEGION

Gonna have to veto this. @sterling can either send the extra money back or you can bank it for a future one. Donation drives are one thing but we aren’t going to accept regular donations being bought for other people. I’m sorry guys but we can’t allow that.

• Commissioner
16 hours ago, bigAL said:

$15 donation 80172616G5918593R

The bribe to get @PatrikLaine to stay in Miami S73

5 uncapped TPE
$1M player store
Doubles Week

Same with this. No buying donations for other people. I appreciate what you are going for but ultimately it sets a very bad precedent that we can’t allow.

3 hours ago, Beketov said:

Gonna have to veto this. @sterling can either send the extra money back or you can bank it for a future one. Donation drives are one thing but we aren’t going to accept regular donations being bought for other people. I’m sorry guys but we can’t allow that.

So... you’re telling everyone that you can’t pay for $5 of another players $15 donation cap?

What’s the difference between me giving them five dollars towards their donation, so does it really matter where the money comes from? 

I think I understand — I’m boosting the Legion, that must be what your thinking, and I’d understand if that is the concern. However I’d argue — if that is the concern — there is still a donation cap, right? 

The max one person can have in donations is still $15... which is why Rookie never picked a second doubles week, or am I honestly missing something here.

Edit: to clarify, this isn’t me “buying the loyalty” of those I gave $5 too, and it was a one time celebration for Toronto’s first playoff appearance under my reign as GM. 

I do believe I understand the issue a little, but I would like some more clarification.

Edited by Peace

• Commissioner
16 minutes ago, Peace said:

So... you’re telling everyone that you can’t pay for $5 of another players $15 donation cap?

What’s the difference between me giving them five dollars towards their donation, so does it really matter where the money comes from? 

I think I understand — I’m boosting the Legion, that must be what your thinking, and I’d understand if that is the concern. However I’d argue — if that is the concern — there is still a donation cap, right? 

The max one person can have in donations is still $15... which is why Rookie never picked a second doubles week, or am I honestly missing something here.

Edit: to clarify, this isn’t me “buying the loyalty” of those I gave $5 too, and it was a one time celebration for Toronto’s first playoff appearance under my reign as GM. 

I do believe I understand the issue a little, but I would like some more clarification.

A Full donation is worth 11 uncapped if I’m  not mistaken. Let’s say you buy 10 guys in your team that, pricey for you but only you. Maybe you can easily afford it. You just literally bought your team an extra 110 TPE without your members having to do anything for it. It basically makes it so that a single member with a decent amount of disposable income can greatly improve their team singlehandedly. That sets an incredibly bad precedent because the limits are put in place so that donations can not become pay to win. You pay for yourself, you get a minor bump. It’s true that those same 10 players could all pay the same amount and get the same bonus for the team but the key is that they would all need to do it themselves. 1 member with the income isn’t dictating who gets an increase.

• Commissioner
19 hours ago, bigAL said:

$15 donation 8NA55905U7884991P

Free Doubles weeks for my Marauder 1st round draft picks:
@Andre LeBastard
@Mongoose87
@ahockeyguy

And this one as well that I didn't notice.

I'm not sure where this mindset is coming from that you can suddenly donate for other people but this has never been the case.

3 minutes ago, Beketov said:

A Full donation is worth 11 uncapped if I’m  not mistaken. Let’s say you buy 10 guys in your team that, pricey for you but only you. Maybe you can easily afford it. You just literally bought your team an extra 110 TPE without your members having to do anything for it. It basically makes it so that a single member with a decent amount of disposable income can greatly improve their team singlehandedly. That sets an incredibly bad precedent because the limits are put in place so that donations can not become pay to win. You pay for yourself, you get a minor bump. It’s true that those same 10 players could all pay the same amount and get the same bonus for the team but the key is that they would all need to do it themselves. 1 member with the income isn’t dictating who gets an increase.

I see. I’m disappointed but that’s reasonable. Refund the extra $20 to me so I can spent it on what paid for it all: my alcoholism. 

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Peace said:

I see. I’m disappointed but that’s reasonable. Refund the extra $20 to me so I can spent it on what paid for it all: my alcoholism. 

I get the disappointment and I get what you were trying to do it just sets an unfortunately very bad precedent. It isn't about the amount of money (which again, would even out) it's about the rewards. Buying rewards for other people, while kind, just sets up abilities we would rather not see.

We will continue to allow it for donation drives because those are smaller rewards and for a good cause but regular donations are to be for personal use only.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

And this one as well that I didn't notice.

I'm not sure where this mindset is coming from that you can suddenly donate for other people but this has never been the case.

Fair enough. I saw VHLM commish offering to spot people donation money for the BLM drive, and thought that was a thing we can do? I gave a sponsorship to my inaugural Marauders who got drafted in the first round of the VHL Draft, but I get the reasoning behind it. I’ll take the cash back and buy them some timbits or something.

• Commissioner
4 minutes ago, bigAL said:

Fair enough. I saw VHLM commish offering to spot people donation money for the BLM drive, and thought that was a thing we can do? I gave a sponsorship to my inaugural Marauders who got drafted in the first round of the VHL Draft, but I get the reasoning behind it. I’ll take the cash back and buy them some timbits or something.

Yeah, I get the confusion. The donation drive is a bit of a different thing than normal donations.

@sterling can you hit Al and Peace up with refunds? Also  @Updaters pleas keep an eye on this.

S73 Donation

Transaction ID: 7DF63521TV182331H

Free Week (used for week of 7/26/20)

5 Free TPE   (used for week of 7/20/20)

Doubles Week

Edited by Kyle