Season 37 Part 1 + Part 2
Season 38 Part 1
+ Part 2
Season 39  + Part 3 + Part 2
Season 40 (other parts in thread)
Season 41 (other parts in thread)
Season 42 Part 1 Part 2
Season 43 + Part 2 + Part 3

I know, it's a little early to be doing S44 guys, but at the same time it was a little early to do S43 ones when I did those. It's not as if I can't go back to these players later on and look at their full careers anyways. ;)

In this edition, I'm going to be looking at the top picks of this draft, and see how they have panned out so far.

Edwin Reencarnacion - 1st Overall
Yp5RCrq.png
-----------------------------------------
image.JPG
-----------------------------------------

Edwin Reencarnacion is a left winger who was picked at 1st overall in this draft, so coming right out of it had big expectations with the New York Americans. In S43, he was the VHLM's Top Two-Way Forward, winning the Matt Bentz Trophy. He had already made a bit of a name for himself before coming to the VHL, so people had a feeling of what to expect. In his first season with New York, he would go on to record 39 goals and 40 assists, giving him 79 points total. He did not shy away from physicality either with 171 hits and 105 penalty minutes. That season for him would make him a shoe-in to go on and win the Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy, for the VHL's Top Rookie. Edwin's Americans squad wound up losing to the Calgary Wranglers in the Quarter-Finals in that post-season however, where he had 5 points in 5 games. His second go in the VHL was as recent as last season, where he upped his production slightly. For the first time, he hit the 40 goal mark, getting 41 goals and 40 assists, giving him 81 points this time around. He also managed 235 hits, still being a player to watch out for on the ice. The New York Americans lost out though once again to the Calgary Wranglers in 5 games, although this time in the Semi-Finals, where Reencarnacion had 0 points. Next season will be an interesting one to watch for Edwin as the Americans core get stronger.

Simon Valmount - 4th Overall
931vu03.png

---------------------------------------
20131017-150831-g.jpg

Simon Valmount is a player that in my opinion, could have gone even higher in this draft than 4th overall by Davos. Although, with players coming from agencies that were already widely known, it's hard to overcome that as a first-gen. Coming into the VHL a season later than Edwin Reencarnacion, he was the VHLM's Top Two-Way Player, just like Edwin. In his rookie season with HC Davos Dynamo, he scored 31 goals and added 44 assists, giving him a total of 75 points. Valmount also managed 302 hits, being a powerful foe on the ice for any competitor to keep an eye on. Valmount's Dynamo also had a decent playoffs this season as well, taking out the Riga Reign, although being eliminated by the Helsinki Titans. Simon Valmount had 5 points in 9 games, including 28 hits. He will definitely be a player to watch next season to see if he can continue to play this well, or even get better.

Kerkko Hyvarinen - 2nd Overall
YTzfe5K.png
giordano.jpg

Kerkko Hyvarinen is one of the players from this draft that had high hopes, but somewhat hasn't lived up to them. While his play on the ice isn't exactly anything to be disappointed about, it's his time in the practice facilities that has not been up to par with the other great players from his draft class. In Season 44, Kerkko jumped right into the VHL and onto a great club with the Calgary Wranglers. He grabbed 3 goals and added 18 assists for 21 points in his rookie season as a defenseman in the VHL. He also blocked 109 shots. It was in these playoffs that Calgary had an amazing run. While Hyvarinen wasn't a pivotal part in Calgary winning the Continental Cup, he played his part in their 16 game effort with 4 points, 47 hits, and 31 blocked shots. They took out New York, Quebec City, and Cologne to win it all. Following up that season, in Kerkko's sophomore year, he put forward 7 goals and 17 assists, giving him 24 points, beating out his career high. Once again the post-season, Calgary played 16 games, and this time Kerkko Hyvarinen produced 7 assists in that run, with 16 hits and 32 shots blocked. Although, this time around, the Wranglers were defeated in 7 games in the finals by the Helsinki Titans. This player is another interesting one to look at in the future, and I'm curious to see whether or not he improves as much as his fellow draftees have.

Edit: Not sure what's going on with the pictures having a big space between the line above them. On the older software forum that went away, but in this one it stays there.

Edited by Phil

I've been waiting for S44 edition!
If anyone would have known that I'm gonna be this active and good, I would have been 2nd pick on s44 draft. Eagles confirmed it.
But no one expected me to be this good, so they just looked at me and thought "A first gen player, he will probably drop-off in next month or two fuck that"

I bet that eagles and draper think that they should have drafted me because DA is gone now and Tylar is going full welfare.

I've been waiting for S44 edition!
If anyone would have known that I'm gonna be this active and good, I would have been 2nd pick on s44 draft. Eagles confirmed it.
But no one expected me to be this good, so they just looked at me and thought "A first gen player, he will probably drop-off in next month or two fuck that"

I bet that eagles and draper think that they should have drafted me because DA is gone now and Tylar is going full welfare.

Definitely should have been Valmount at 2nd. ;)

I was thinking of waiting another season or two before doing a S44 draft one, but I can just go back to it later anyways. :P

Content: 3/3 - Another great edition! Great looks at 3 of the S44 draftees. Kerrko is definitely still unproven whereas Reencarnation and Valmount have already shown their true colours, with great season(s). Looking forward to reading more of these :) 

Grammar: /2 - purr-fect right meow. 

Appearance: 1/1 - Those links to the older articles are my style. I love it! 

Overall: 6/6

• Phil locked this topic