GM player

boubabi

we'd obviously have to lower cap a few million at least. 29 or so

Then there is almost no point.

27 million and i'll sign off on it

So a team should get screwed over until the GM hits 5m? This would worsen the cap problem.

• Admin

I kinda like it. Avoids Edgar situations. Encourages GMs to lead by example. Gives more cap space and thus slightly bigger rosters.

Wouldn't them earning TPE to apply to their player be a better example?

That's exactly what I mean. GM players counting against the cap sometimes makes them not earn as much TPE to reduce their salary.

I kinda like it. Avoids Edgar situations. Encourages GMs to lead by example. Gives more cap space and thus slightly bigger rosters.

Wouldn't them earning TPE to apply to their player be a better example?

That's exactly what I mean. GM players counting against the cap sometimes makes them not earn as much TPE to reduce their salary.

Yeah but I think working around the GM players salary is part of the skill someone at that position has to be able to do. You take the salary out of it and they earn 1000 TPE and just go out and load up. I mean either way there are pro and cons to each. I just think taking the salary off the books makes it easier to be a GM.

• Admin

Every time there's been GM openings without an internal replacement (and usually that's basically one person per team), we've often struggled to get enough credible candidates to pick from. I don't think it's a particularly sought-after job.

Every time there's been GM openings without an internal replacement (and usually that's basically one person per team), we've often struggled to get enough credible candidates to pick from. I don't think it's a particularly sought-after job.

For the most part though guys around the league want to be in place. I do love how now they are considered to "already have a tough job". Wasn't the case awhile back.

• Senior Admin

But a job most of them apply or want to have. No one is in there with a gun to their head. They can accept a position or decline it at any time.

Actually STZ shackled me to the bike rack outside the Hartwall for 72 hours until I accepted

But a job most of them apply or want to have. No one is in there with a gun to their head. They can accept a position or decline it at any time.

Actually STZ shackled me to the bike rack outside the Hartwall for 72 hours until I accepted

Knew it! But only because STZ is kind of harsh