2011-2012 (Liga Mexicana Elite):
12 GP - 1 G - 3 A - 20 SOG - 7 Hits - 16 Blocked Shots
2012-2013 (Liga Mexicana Elite):
12 GP - 3 G - 7 A - 26 SOG - 8 Hits - 18 Blocked Shots
2013-2014 (Liga Mexicana Elite):
12 GP - 6 G - 8 A - 31 SOG - 8 Hits - 19 Blocked Shots
2014-2015 (Liga Mexicana Elite):
12 GP - 10 G - 8 A - 45 SOG - 9 Hits - 26 Blocked Shots

Felipe Rodriguez comes into the VHLM as a slightly undersized defenseman but what he lacks in size he makes up for in hockey IQ. He's not going to punish anyone with a big hit but that's not to say he isn't physical, just not in the typical sense. He would rather poke the puck away than try to make an open ice hit. He's not afraid to lay down and block a shot. As his stats suggest, as he got more games under his belt, he vastly improved his game on both offense and defense. He's got a great shot from the point and has the hands to join in on the rush which can sometimes cause him to get caught out of position. His conditioning is out of this world, he can credit that to his years of playing soccer, or futbol. Overall, good defenseman, great offensive skill set. With some work and/or mentoring can become a great defenseman for years to come.

Pros: Flip is a very good athlete who possesses a very strong and accurate shot from the point. He has great hockey sense on both sides of the puck as well as great offensive positioning. His puck handling rivals some forwards in his class. Definitely an offense-first minded D-man but that's not to say he is incapable of playing defense. Flip is very fast to the puck and great at creating turnovers. He is not afraid to make a hit but he would rather finesse you off the puck. His road to the VHLM was not an easy one but he toughed it out, mental toughness is off the charts with this kid. Keep in mind that Flip is only 18 years old but has been playing the last few years against grown men. He was able to keep up in the Liga Mexicana Elite so as he matures, he should eventually turn into a star. His youth and eagerness to contribute and learn are going to help him on his way. Oh, and 2 words: Power Play. That is where he will shine brightest once he figures his game out at the next level.

Cons: Flip Rodriguez is not going to get many hits. His physical game is mediocre at best. Not the strongest player at this level. Also, not a very big sample size as seasons in the Liga Mexicana Elite are very short. Not much high level competition in the Liga Mexicana Elite either. Has been known to take bone-headed penalties in games. His eagerness to join the rush can sometimes lead to odd man rushes the other way. Undersized, will need to bulk up to keep up in the VHLM and beyond.

Dumba_Matt_10_11_13213.thumb.jpg.c645817

Projections: Felipe projects to be a future top pair d-man, probably top 4 early on in his career. Should be playing the point on the power play right away as that is what his skill set lends itself to. Instant upgrade for any team putting him at the point in their first power play uniit.

Edited by evrydayimbyfuglien
Added photos.

How do they figure the word count on these? I'm on mobile so have no way of checking myself.

I always just use this website. If you're on a computer, it's really easy to just copy and paste it: https://wordcounter.net/

Add some pictures and make it look professional, then you'll probably get a 8/8. Just look at the other ones for examples. :)

How do they figure the word count on these? I'm on mobile so have no way of checking myself.

I always just use this website. If you're on a computer, it's really easy to just copy and paste it: https://wordcounter.net/

Add some pictures and make it look professional, then you'll probably get a 8/8. Just look at the other ones for examples. :)

okay great thanks

!

Overview: 2/2 - You fit the bill with the word requirement. ~500 words, and it was a nice read. You look to have a promising player.

Pros & Cons: 1.5/3 - The pros and cons section doesn't hit the 350 word mark as asked, so I have to deduct here. I do like how descriptive you get while talking about the ups and downs of Flip though.

Grammar: 2/2 - Nothing worth noting.

Presentation: 1/1 - Provided pictures, headings as asked. Maybe next time, use the "center" button to put the layout in the middle of the page. It would look nicer. Also, would have looked nicer if you bolded 'pros' and 'cons'.

Overall: 7.5/8

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Rookie Profile - Felipe Rodriguez [Needs Second Grade]

Overview: 2/2 - You fit the bill with the word requirement. ~500 words, and it was a nice read. You look to have a promising player.

Pros & Cons: 1.5/3 - The pros and cons section doesn't hit the 350 word mark as asked, so I have to deduct here. I do like how descriptive you get while talking about the ups and downs of Flip though.

Grammar: 2/2 - Nothing worth noting.

Presentation: 1/1 - Provided pictures, headings as asked. Maybe next time, use the "center" button to put the layout in the middle of the page. It would look nicer. Also, would have looked nicer if you bolded 'pros' and 'cons'.

Overall: 7.5/8

Nevermind, I read the FAQ.

Edited by evrydayimbyfuglien

• Kylrad changed the title to Rookie Profile - Felipe Rodriguez [Final 8/8]