Claimed:Flip's First Goal [Final: 6/6]

Latino in The News: Flip's First Goal

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.3edb0eed29a5784b

Felipe, or Flip, Rodriguez scored the first career goal in a 4-3 loss to Brampton the other night.  It was assisted by LeAndre St. Pierre and Jonathon Stark.  We caught up to this young defenseman in the locker room after the game to ask him a few questions.

Reporter: "Felipe, how does it feel to get the first goal of your young VHLM career?"

Felipe: "It feels good, great actually.  Hopefully I can build off of it now.  It would have been even better if the result of the game was a win but it is always nice to reach a milestone, even if that milestone is just goal number one.  I'm more focused on the team's success, not so much focused on personal stats, but it is nice nonetheless."

10.12-First-NHL-Goals_slide.thumb.jpg.37

Reporter: "The team has hit a bit of a rough patch recently, what can you do to get back on track both as a team and on a personal level?"

Felipe: "Our penalty kill is currently 5th in the league, we could probably improve there.  We are still tied for 2nd most wins overall, so we were just giving the other teams hope they still had a chance.  We'll pick it up and play at the level we were before.  Personally, I could be shooting a little more often, I'm averaging less than 1 shot per game currently.  Also, I have taken 6 penalties for 12 penalty minutes in 8 games.  I can not keep that up with our penalty kill struggling like it is."

Reporter: "What is your personal goal for your first season in the VHLM?"

Felipe: "I would like to score more goals while leading the team to wins...lots and lots of wins.  I would also like to put up some more points on the power play, that was my bread and butter in Mexico.  The talent level is a lot higher here than in Mexico, that's for sure.  If I can get close to 10 goals and 40 points this year, I will consider it a good year.  Anything more than that is just great.  I also want to improve my overall game.  Even if my improvement does not show in the stats people generally take into account.  I would like to get more blocked shots, force more turnovers, things like that."

Reporter: "Have you thought about the draft next year and where you would like to play?"

Felipe: "No, not at all actually.  I have been so focused on this season and the games right now I have not thought about it.  Now that you mention it, I guess it does not really make much difference to me.  I want to play where I am wanted, in front of eager fans, alongside hard working team mates.  If I can play with some of the guys I am playing with now, I wouldn't complain."

That is all for this edition of Latino in The News.  We'll catch up with Felipe again very soon, maybe next time it will be after his first career hat-trick.  Stay tuned and keep an eye on this kid, he might be something special.

P.S. This will be my last "interview" for a while. Didnt expect my last one to get responses so I created this one with my own questions. Hopefully it doesn't cost me points but I will understand if it does.

Edited by evrydayimbyfuglien
Added pictures.

I don't think they are anymore because you get 30 TPE right away. I'd add a graphic to your Media Spot. Just writing can be a bore for graders and they take points off. If you need help just fire me a message or quote this.

do not grade. The other media spot was already graded today

It doesn't matter when the work was graded, it only matters when it was originally posted. If you're ready for this to be graded it can be graded now since your last one was posted last week.

do not grade. The other media spot was already graded today

It doesn't matter when the work was graded, it only matters when it was originally posted. If you're ready for this to be graded it can be graded now since your last one was posted last week.

Okay but what about the TPE cap for the week?

Content 3/3 I can deal with a second interview, but now would be a good time to start branching out and looking at other teams and players. This one was good, and I'll give you props for making your own questions. It was written pretty well and had the standard rookie stuff, I liked it.

Grammar 2/2 The only thing I can say is that you shouldn't type single digits under ten. For example, write 'four' instead of '4' and write 'second' instead of '2nd'. Everything else looked good.

Appearance 1/1 Pictures and formatting helped. Here's a tip: you can add color by clicking on the underlined A next to the font drop-down menu. That should help in the future.

Total 6/6