Claimed:Teach Me To Text [FINAL: 4]

Gunner

Effort 1.5/2: There is some effort, but I don't think that you have put more than 5min into this.

Look 1.5/3: It isn't great. You have tried to do some stuff. That blur you have on the render makes my eyes go sideways and that is not what you want your sig to do with your eyes. Seems like you put 3 or max 4 layers and just dropped a text on top of everything, you should blend the text in (Actually, I can't say anything about texts because I am pretty bad at them as well)

Creativity 1/1: I guess so

Overall 4/6

• Paramorise changed the title to Teach Me To Text [Needs second grade]
  • Commissioner

Effort 1.5/2: I see 5, maybe 6 layers here with no effort to make them work together. Sorry but that isn't enough.

Look 1.5/3: Para hit the nail on the head for render effects and you asked for text advise so that's what I'm going to give you. Refer to the above grade for the other issues. A good text starts with good positioning, this isn't it. The render should always be a sig's focal point so moving the text away from the render draws the eye away as well. Get the text in close. Even if it covers the render a bit or gets covered a bit that's okay as long as you can read it. Second, blend it in a bit. My text layers are always very near my render in the layer order, maybe 4 layers away from it at most. The closer they are together, the more they will be blended together. Putting text on near the end means all the effects and blending of the sig are underneath it and, thus, in the BG. It makes the text stand out. Clipping masks, lighting, brushing, all these things can help to make text catch the eye while still keeping it blended so try out different things and see what you can do. Text is always the trickiest part of a piece but that doesn't men it should just be slapped on and accepted however it turns out.

Creativity 1/1: Sure

Overall 4/6

Final: 4/6

• Beketov changed the title to Teach Me To Text [FINAL: 4]
  • Beketov locked this topic