New Waiver Trading Rule

eaglesfan036

Effective immediately, players selected on waivers can only be traded for draft picks, and the picks cannot exceed two 3rd                                     round picks or one 2nd round pick. Additionally, waiver players can only be traded for playoff teams. This is to decrease the time it takes to negotiate, to ensure that any waiver players on non-playoff teams are able to easily get onto an active playoff team.

Is this is general or just for trade deadline waivers? If it's the former, this is full-on ridiculous. But if it's the latter, which I'm assuming/hoping it is, restricting the return seems kind of silly. People shouldn't be paying more than a 2nd anyway, but if a GM is dumb enough to do so, I don't see why not. Also entry-level inactives aren't without value.

Other than restricting the trade to playoff teams (which still seems redundant, especially if this is just for trade deadline players), I don't at all see the point of any of these changes.

Just now, Draper said:

Maybe we should demote you to VHLM Commish :)

I would like to, but then I'd have to do a LOT. Like, A LOT. There's moments where I feel guilty for being a GM. And I don't have to do shit, hardly.

On 12/9/2015 at 10:50 AM, JardyB10 said:

Is this is general or just for trade deadline waivers? If it's the former, this is full-on ridiculous. But if it's the latter, which I'm assuming/hoping it is, restricting the return seems kind of silly. People shouldn't be paying more than a 2nd anyway, but if a GM is dumb enough to do so, I don't see why not. Also entry-level inactives aren't without value.

Other than restricting the trade to playoff teams (which still seems redundant, especially if this is just for trade deadline players), I don't at all see the point of any of these changes.

Point was as a trade deadline rule so that no one gets stuck in a bad situation because two stubborn gms can't just agree to a trade. Not sure what you mean talking about entry-level inactives. 

On 12/15/2015 at 4:11 PM, eaglesfan036 said:

Point was as a trade deadline rule so that no one gets stuck in a bad situation because two stubborn gms can't just agree to a trade. Not sure what you mean talking about entry-level inactives. 

Inactive players who are not free agents, i.e. someone who I would have drafted but was either inactive at the draft or went inactive later, but I still get to keep his player for three seasons. They're a nice replacement for CPUs, who have 20 stats across the board, and especially because new players start out with 30 TPE now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Head Moderator

Too much babysitting in these rules imo. Its putting too many restrictions in VHLM.

If GMs can't agree to a trade thats their perogative. What kind of bad situation are we referring to anyways? Just because a player doesn't want to be on a losing team or not getting ice time? If its just because of losing, well they should talk to their GM about it rather than needing a rule change for it.

If its bad enough you want to make a rule change for it, just intervene and make an arbitrary trade from the VHLM commish side and move the player. 

Or instead of this, why don't you revise the waiver rules so that people don't sit on their picks waiting for the deadline...

Edited by tfong

• 2 months later...
48 minutes ago, ADwyer87 said:

What is this rule? Does its changing affect me in any way?

Now that its bunk, no. You are free to trade whomever you want for whatever you want. Except inactive FAs, I don't think they can move.

• 3 weeks later...