VHL's Resources Christmas Pack

boubabi

Nothing is stopping the members from receiving your pack besides you posting it, which you haven't done in two weeks. Don't blame someone else for that ha.

Just saying. I don't have the download link to post. I'm not holding it hostage. 

4 minutes ago, boubabi said:

I don't give a single shit about your likes or your person. But, I do care about people trying to improve and seek my experience to get better.

If this were actually the case, you would release this pack without needing any certain amount of likes, just so you can help "people trying to improve and seek your experience to get better."

But whatever, that's just my opinion, agree to disagree. I'll see myself out.

1 minute ago, Molholt said:

Nothing is stopping the members from receiving your pack besides you posting it, which you haven't done in two weeks. Don't blame someone else for that ha.

Just saying. I don't have the download link to post. I'm not holding it hostage. 

Do I hold hostage Christmas too or you don't understand the concept that posting a pack "for Christmas" (the 25th btw) is pretty simple to understand. Not enough simple for you I guess.

8 minutes ago, boubabi said:

I like the way you guys use the "forced recognition". Did I pointed a gun on your head asking for likes ? No I didn't. If you don't want to like the pack because you disagree with my behavior, fine. But in the end, your selfishness is affecting other members that want my help and want my pack to progress. So do whatever you want, I don't give a single shit about your likes or your person. But, I do care about people trying to improve and seek my experience to get better.

So instead of making a fool out of yourself trying to make a case out of this "he won't force me to like this", just ignore the thread and do something else.

Ass 

See there is the low road. Calling people selfish for not liking just re-inforces their notion that you are wanted forced recognition. Calling them an ass is somewhat hypocritical as well.

3 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Do I hold hostage Christmas too or you don't understand the concept that posting a pack "for Christmas" (the 25th btw) is pretty simple to understand. Not enough simple for you I guess.

35 likes to unlock your pack for Christmas is like me having to fill out a Captcha every time I want to open a present. 

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

See there is the low road. Calling people selfish for not liking just re-inforces their notion that you are wanted forced recognition. Calling them an ass is somewhat hypocritical as well.

If it's what you think, good for you. I hope your hypocrite ass won't seek my help or use my renders anymore.

Just now, Molholt said:

35 likes to unlock your pack for Christmas is like me having to fill out a Captcha every time I want to open a present. 

A present that your peer happily bought/prepare for you. But I guess you aren't the best at showing recognition.  

Just now, boubabi said:

If it's what you think, good for you. I hope your hypocrite ass won't seek my help or use my renders anymore.

Boubabi, see you are way too worked up about things. Have to learn to talk level. All I was explaining is that by you calling him selfish you are technically being selfish by saying "35 likes for the download". All this while arguing with someone who liked it haha.

Just now, boubabi said:

A present that your peer happily bought/prepare for you. But I guess you aren't the best at showing recognition.  

But my question is, when do you show other positives recognition?

Just now, Kendrick said:

But my question is, when do you show other positives recognition?

Is there a moment where I didn't ? If there was a graphical pack available in exchange of some "worthless" likes (which are more in a way a "thank you for your effort"), I would give it any day of the week even if I don't need it. Plus, I share my knowledge in live sigs session without asking anything in return just to help the graphical community to grow. Plus, I already gave a shit tons of packs that actually cost "real" money for free.

Have you done anything comparable ? I don't think you are in a position to say so. 

5 minutes ago, Molholt said:

Recognition they receive, because it isn't solicited beforehand.

Oh right, because I would likely do all this pack and never release it afterward. I wish you could use your brain more often. Again, if you would stop assuming things before talking shit, maybe we wouldn't have that discussion atm. 

Just now, boubabi said:

Is there a moment where I didn't ? If there was a graphical pack available in exchange of some "worthless" likes (which are more in a way a "thank you for your effort"), I would give it any day of the week even if I don't need it. Plus, I share my knowledge in live sigs session without asking anything in return just to help the graphical community to grow. Plus, I already gave a shit tons of packs that actually cost "real" money for free.

Have you done anything comparable ? I don't think you are in a position to say so. 

I get all that and it is appreciated by who seeks help, I've never doubted that and I've even heard of the good things you've said. Like I said though, if someone feels you've been attacking their opinion 24/7 it's hardly this thread that will entice them to give you recognition for something, especially if you are seeking it outright from the start.

I'm not really out here asking for likes though. So not sure what your point is.

If I was to come out and ask for likes to post something for people so that I could get some pity recognition, then yeah you have a point. However, I help tons of people on this site behind the scenes and don't really intend to have recognition for it because I do it to help the site.

2 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Oh right, because I would likely do all this pack and never release it afterward. I wish you could use your brain more often. Again, if you would stop assuming things before talking shit, maybe we wouldn't have that discussion atm. 

Well in all fairness to him, you have done that in the past where you didn't release them. So he does have that.

3 minutes ago, boubabi said:

I can't speak to what you might do in the future, just what is presented before me. I was tagged in the thread (not by you), so I responded. 

It is clear that you can't have a discussion without just jumping to insults, so I don't see a point in continuing. There is really no need to take shots at people all of the time though. If you truly intend to act on what you started this post with, you could've simply said that you'd be releasing it regardless and then I would've known. I can't assume to know things that aren't posted.  

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

I'm not really out here asking for likes though. So not sure what your point is.

Says the guy who tagged a shit load of people. You changed your opinion quickly.

and wait a second....let me count how much hour I did put in this "pack"

if I have approx 15 renders, and approx 1 hour for every render to cut. Plus, 15 sigs that is approx 1h each (I'm not generous on that)
That's 30 hours there. Plus, I share the textures and stock packs that I've been gathering around the web since I started doing GFX (so approx 5 years), plus fonts (that most of them are premium) and tutorials that took my nearly 5 hours to complete and edit.

So you say that.... 35 hours of my work plus years of gathering stocks around the web isn't enough to get a like that takes ".5 seconds" to give ?

That's rude. But not surprising from you and the other ass that is Molholt. 

4 minutes ago, Molholt said:

you could've simply said that you'd be releasing it regardless and then I would've known. I can't assume to know things that aren't posted.  

Incentive 101 right here. If you had 1 proper discussion with me about that pack, you would know it.

Anyway, thanks for the advertising.  

Edited by boubabi

32 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Says the guy who tagged a shit load of people. You changed your opinion quickly.

and wait a second....let me count how much hour I did put in this "pack"

if I have approx 15 renders, and approx 1 hour for every render to cut. Plus, 15 sigs that is approx 1h each (I'm not generous on that)
That's 30 hours there. Plus, I share the textures and stock packs that I've been gathering around the web since I started doing GFX (so approx 5 years), plus fonts (that most of them are premium) and tutorials that took my nearly 5 hours to complete and edit.

So you say that.... 35 hours of my work plus years of gathering stocks around the web isn't enough to get a like that takes ".5 seconds" to give ?

That's rude. But not surprising from you and the other ass that is Molholt. 

I may have tagged them in here but I think you missed the point of what I said. I'm not out here bagging for likes for my own good on my own post like the OP is. I don't have a graphic pack or a writing tool pack on the board.

You don't have to tell me all that information, no one was arguing the time you spent on the pack. Now you are trying to justify it for the means of your initial purpose. See your responses are what pave the way for people to have this opinion that they won't like. Not to mention that I did like it and you are still taking shots at me. I don't get where the insults are coming from. The responses resemble a grade school way of thinking.

Edited by Kendrick

Bagging for likes for my own good ? Do you think that I care the number of like that I have on my profil ? I could have negative rep and I wouldn't care. The likes system is the simpler way on the site to say "I saw your post, I enjoyed it". That's pretty much what I want to see from people and the community. I could just turn the GFX section as a graveyard where nobody comments on stuff and try to help (like the SHL), but guess what, I feel like the GFX section might be one reason why some people decide to stay on the VHL and remain active. So instead of being a dick head, just roll my way or just fuck off. Isn't that simple ? 

15 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Bagging for likes for my own good ? Do you think that I care the number of like that I have on my profil ? I could have negative rep and I wouldn't care. The likes system is the simpler way on the site to say "I saw your post, I enjoyed it". That's pretty much what I want to see from people and the community. I could just turn the GFX section as a graveyard where nobody comments on stuff and try to help (like the SHL), but guess what, I feel like the GFX section might be one reason why some people decide to stay on the VHL and remain active. So instead of being a dick head, just roll my way or just fuck off. Isn't that simple ? 

Wait so after this entire three page thread thread where you threw our insults at people, only now is it where everyone else is a dickhead. Once again I think you ignored the part where I liked it already. You just decide to argue everything to death.

Oh, so I should forget the fact that you are shitting on me for the way I work on this entire thread just because you gave it a like ? Thanks for giving a like and thinking beyond yourself but your "like" isn't making me forget how you're a dick every damn day of the week. 

2 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Oh, so I should forget the fact that you are shitting on me for the way I work on this entire thread just because you gave it a like ? Thanks for giving a like and thinking beyond yourself but your "like" isn't making me forget how you're a dick every damn day of the week. 

You're not helping yourself here. I am a dick, at least I own up to it haha

Did I said I wasn't a dick ? Of course I'm. If I was soft as a chocolate pudding, I would only let this thing slip through without a problem. You asked why I'm asking "likes", you have it. Now, you're free to do whatever you want with it.