Why GM's Should PASS on the Entire S47 Draft

STZ

Why GM's Should PASS on the Entire S47 Draft

This season's draft is disappointing to say the least. It is comprised of one elite level recreate, and then a varying set of recreates that have lost their spark or are just consistently mediocre. In no-way am I attacking anyone personally in this article, but let's face it, if you are barely passing 100 TPE in your draft year by now, you are simply a depth player going way higher in a weak draft than you should. I originally did this article as a mock draft, as I knew this one would be an interesting one to predict. But as I look at it, there are A LOT of storylines you can follow. I think the big one is that this draft is going to cause a lot of GM's problems, and I'm here to not only do a mock draft, but sell GM's into why passing on this entire draft is the right move.

1. Stockholm - John Sleeman

2. Seattle - Vincent Virtanen

3. Quebec City - David Hamilton

4. Davos - Sir Covington III

5. Toronto - Artem Zhumbayev

6. Riga - Felipe Rodriguez

7. Davos - Sam Weaver

8. Quebec City - Bjorn Kobayashi

9. Stockholm - PASS

10. Davos - PASS

That is what I predict.. Yes, I'm predicting that there will actually be at least one PASS in the first round of this draft. But Let me break it down a little further..

1. Stockholm - John Sleeman

Analysis: In a good draft, Frank would be an elite player, and probably go first overall anyways. However, in this instance, for Stockholm, he will be their cornerstone player probably for his entire career. I think this is an obvious pick, as the talent drops of substantially after this pick - however, this is the worst case scenerio for boubabi and Stockholm. Not only do they hit the lottery and get arguably the only true value piece in this draft, but they are basically force-fed their next franchise player - and from experience, it is very difficult to build your team around a high TPE earning defenseman. Had Frank been a forward, I don't think this would be an issue, in fact, it would be great. I think this situation Stockholm has found themselves in is unfortunate as they have no other choice, but to draft Frank (assuming they use this asset in the form of drafting a player). Future outlook: Sleeman will be traded, or Stockholm will never win a cup with him as their marquee player.

2. Seattle - Vincent Virtanen

Analysis: I think this might be the best pick in the draft. In fact, I would probably take Virtanen First Overall if I was in Stockholm's position as you get a good depth forward piece who will be cap friendly, and is a great semi-active member. For Seattle, I think they have the best outlook in the draft. I believe they can win a cup with Virtanen. I'll predict that Virtanen gets a cup before Sleeman does. It's a tough break to get a depth guy 2nd overall, but if they end up going with Covington [Who has them on the Fuck You List] they will have wished to have PASS'd.

3. Quebec City - David Hamilton

Analysis: This is a crappy position for Quebec, as they are going to go with the safe pick, as Covington has stated that he will no play for QC. Brovy has been known to take the controversial path, so I could see him saving his roster spot and PASSing just for the sake of being bold.

4. Davos - Sir Covington III

Analysis: Robbie is drama.. Davos should just VOID this pick, instead of the headache.

5. Toronto - Artem Zhumbayev

Analysis: There is two sides to this. If Toronto got the second coming of Anatoli Zhumbayev, they just found them their next franchise goalie. If they get the second coming of Tyson Stokes, well they are in for a long run, putting all their chips into a depth goalie. Fever is one of my favourite members, but for Toronto, it might be a better idea to PASS on this pick instead of taking a huge gamble on AZ 2.0's activity being at TPE Whore Status.

6. Riga - Felipe Rodriguez

Analysis: Might be another hidden depth gem. Still a tough pill to swallow at 6. This is a pretty safe and smart pick at 6.

Rest Of The Draft

Analysis: I'd PASS on the rest. I think with Adultman's early retirement, it really solidified the fact that a PASS in the first round can and should happen. The rest of the picks are throw aways, and I can guarantee these picks could be had for a future 3rd..

Disclaimer: This article was originally written "Why there will be a PASS in the first round". Tried to make it more eye-catching to edit it and say the whole round should be drafted.. I don't believe the title of this article is true, but I do believe GM's should pass after 6..

10 minutes ago, TheNextGreatOne said:

wait what?

I was thinking the same, think he's just confused GoodLeftUndone (Who did just retire his player) with TheNextGreatOne. 

Edited by XaviYEAH! Woods

1 hour ago, KingRobbie said:

PLEASE DRAFT ME!!!!! So I can refuse to sign, making you waste a pick and I get the LHL. PLEASE FUCKING DO IT!!! In fact I dare you to draft me. If you don't then you are a fucking pussy

I'd like to mention that once again if you do holdout you'd waste one year of playing (like even in the VHLM) and you most likely would go inactive. You tried to do this last time and ended up flaking out.

2 hours ago, Ragequit said:

I want to see kesler draft robbie for the entertainment value

I'd love that so I can refuse to play there the second he drafts me. 

Oh and kendrick I won't flake out this time. LHL is my players plan. I am hoping Quebec drafts me too make this the most entertaining for me and the league 

21 hours ago, KingRobbie said:

I'd love that so I can refuse to play there the second he drafts me. 

Oh and kendrick I won't flake out this time. LHL is my players plan. I am hoping Quebec drafts me too make this the most entertaining for me and the league 

Well I'm not really sure the league cares haha.