Claimed:Your S35 RoTY

Da Trifecta

Davey Jones RoTY

It's time that Davey Jones addresses the media about winning his RoTY award. It may not be officially announced but many speculate that odds are in his favor and he can't lose.

paddy_reporter.jpg

Reporter D: "Davey what does it feel like to win the rookie of the year award?"

Davey: "Well it is a great feeling despite not having the trophy just yet. I should be receiving the award right after the VHL Finals finish up. I haven't had a chance to speak with any of the commissioners about their thoughts on me winning the trophy but I am almost certain that I won it. I feel like I was the best rookie in the league and my stats show it. I was a huge part of the success that overcame the Cologne Express and helped lead a nice push into the second round."

Reporter B: "Were you worried about how you would have done in your first season in the VHL?"

Davey: "Of course I was worried. I am always worried about what will happen to me each time I put those skates on and get ready to play. I mean I could face an injury and it could really threaten my career. I just go out there everyday and give 110% to my coaches and make sure that they know it. I wasn't looking to come in here and win the award. My main goal was to help this club win more games and for us to make the playoffs and hopefully a statement there. Well we got into the second round and many experts projected us to be swept by the Helsinki Titans. Well guess what? We went into the series and stole two games from them. Next year I will be prepared for the battle again and we will not be taken down so easily."

interview-news-reporter-journalist-13842

Reporter C: "Is there any doubt you won't get the trophy?"

Davey: "Of course not. I mean you all know my stats and what I do on the rink. You see me out there playing and doing what I do best. I may not be the best in the league but I sure play like it most of the time. I fill up stat sheets all the time and I am one hell of a person to have in the locker room. I cooperate with all my teammates and you could even say that coach has a soft spot for me. He likes the way I carry myself like a veteran and he just likes my overall swagger."

Reporter A: "Was rookie of the year your best accomplishment this past season?"

Davey: "Not even close. My biggest achievement was that I got to play a full healthy season in the VHL and to help contribute wins. All I wanted to do for this team was practice and play my heart out for them and in return all I asked was that my teammates supported me through it. They really are the best teammates to have and you should be jealous that they aren't your teammates."

Well that is all for today. Stay tuned as there may be more coming from the ever so brilliant, Davey Jones.

Content: 3/3 - I haven't really done too much research on the subject, but I definitely think that Jones has a chance to be the rookie of the year. You guys have slowly but surely gotten better in Cologne and should be a real force in the European Conference next season. 

Grammar: 2/2 - I didn't see anything.

Appearance: 1/1 - Yup.

Overall: 6/6

Content: 3/3- Congratulations on a great rookie season kid! I will be surprised if you don't win it because you had a hell of a season on a pretty strong Cologne team. But don't get to cocky brotha, the sim is a cruel mistress. But overall neat interview and keep up the work.

Grammar: 1.75/2- Your spelling was great i didn't find a single error like Flyersfan. But you really gotta work on your punctuation and watch the run on sentences. Those will kill you in the long run and all you need to do is simply throw in a comma here and there. Just watch that in the future.

All I wanted to do for this team was practice and play my heart out for them and in return all I asked was that my teammates supported me through it. = All I wanted to do for this team was practice, play my heart out for them and, in return, all I asked was that my teammates supported me through it. 

My main goal was to help this club win more games and for us to make the playoffs and hopefully a statement there. = My main goal was to help this club win more games, for us to make the playoffs, and hopefully a statement there. 

Appearance: 1/1- Color would have been nice and italicizing quotes like the reporters make it look a bit better, but I find no reason to bump you down a point my man 

Overall: 5.75/6

Final: 6/6  :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...