NA Semi-Finals, GM 7: Calgary vs. New York

Will

Holy shit seeing the stats of this...wow. Calgary was up 2-0 in this game, well into the third period. It was like for a burst in the last five minutes of the game the Americans realized they were about to lose the series, and woke the fuck up. 

Closer series than it should of been thanks to great efforts from Calgary defensively and from @flyersfan1493 in net. Glad we took this one home however, as I always hate having really good regular season teams that suck in the playoffs. Going to be interesting to see Calgary vs NY next year with all the names retiring. 

13 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

Also @Streetlight how fitting is it for the guy who broke the record in a season for game winning goals to score a big series winning goal for us, clutch, with literally 6 seconds remaining. @jRuutu clearly has a knack for big goals. 

And with six seconds left in regulation, no less.

21 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

My no-sign list:

1. New York Americans

GL to Stockholm. 

Sore loser? LMAO

Good series, CGY. Odd series. I expected us to kick ass and send you packing in 4-5 but you pushed and pushed and had us shitting out pants right up until the end. Nice being in both the VHL & VHLM finals. Good luck moving forward, CGY.

Let's do it boys!!

43 minutes ago, StevenStamkos91 said:

Go Shockholm 

Speaking of Shock, this might be history in the making (it's probably not, though). Has another player ever played for both of the Finals teams in the same season? @Victor

EDIT: And I mean, to still be on one of those teams. So in other words, has a player ever played in the Finals against a team that he played for earlier in the season?

Edited by Streetlight

FUCK Draper, I just got hot-spotted to do this too! I was going to wrig a win for the wrangs. :(

Oh well, at least the league's first threepeat was prevented. That can only happen if I'm involved. Great series, and good luck to NYA and Vasteras!

14 minutes ago, Streetlight said:

Speaking of Shock, this might be history in the making (it's probably not, though). Has another player ever played for both of the Finals teams in the same season? @Victor

EDIT: And I mean, to still be on one of those teams. So in other words, has a player ever played in the Finals against a team that he played for earlier in the season?

Confirmed NOT the first time it's happened. In Season 27, Jeff Fisher played for New York and was traded to Helsinki. Fisher and the Titans went on to beat the Americans in the finals.

• Admin
4 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

FUCK Draper, I just got hot-spotted to do this too! I was going to wrig a win for the wrangs. :(

Oh well, at least the league's first threepeat was prevented. That can only happen if I'm involved. Great series, and good luck to NYA and Vasteras!

The league's first threepeat was prevented a day previously...

And ugh that is actually a heartbreaking game. Ridiculous comeback. Ruutu though, so clutch.

Go Stockholm anyway.