2016-2017 NFL Discussion

Kendrick

1 hour ago, eaglesfan036 said:

you barely beat one of the worst teams in the league and only because of the refs blatantly helping. 

Don't be mad bro, also after 14-0 we controlled that shit

29 minutes ago, Mr. Hickey said:

This. Not to mention probably all the teams are in the top 10 as far as fan bases. Plus the division is always changing and up for grabs. 

Yeah but it gets boring having to watch WSH/DAL/NYG/PHI games every week (because on the west coast at least, they favour those games on the schedule). It's just somewhat boring if you don't cheer for those teams.

Bill Belichick is 6-0 with NFL QBs on their first career start.

NE.belichick.lack.of.faith.jpg

Number six was Jacoby Brissett starting Thursday night for the Patriots.

brissett.nc.state.jpg

That made three North Carolina State QBs starting this week as Brissett joined Philip Rivers and Russell Wilson. Almost exactly three years ago, the league had three NC State starters with Rivers, Wilson and Mike Glennon. Let's hope Brissett doesn't continue the "one of these is not like the other two..."

In Week 2, Cam Newton's hat game was strong.

car.newton.straw.hat.jpeg

After Week 3, Newton suffered what I'd call a "setback".

car.newton.tophat.png

It's still early but I'm going to go out on a limb and say Marcus Peters is pretty good at Football...

kc.peters.stats.png

When you wake up and you're not 0-3...

ANDREW-LUCK.dance.gif

I know he was a hurdler and all that. But easy there, Ezekiel...

dal.elliott.hurdle.jpeg

For Eagles players Connor Barwin and Vinny Curry, this wasn't their first rodeo with Darren Sproles. He's got a long ways to go still at this point but they knew how this play would end...

phi.sproles.team.png

couch.sighting.png

What's that behind Wesley Johnson's ear?...

nyj.johnson.ear.png

The head to head contact is obviously a big deal with the skill position guys. But I don't know what you do about lineman that have it on every play. These gouges don't happen by themselves...

car.helmet.1.jpeg

car.helmet.2.jpeg

This week the Oregon Ducks look just like their mascot...

Oregon.ducks.mascot.png

If you're wondering why Jared Goff hasn't started, here's why.

goff.jersey.png

You're an NFL Quarterback. At least in theory. You don't wear your jersey to a bar

Cleveland's Terrelle Pryor was all over the field Sunday as a wide receiver and quarterback. Mary Kay Cabot was kidding here. But just barely.

cle.pryor.popcorn2.png

The Browns season thus far...

cle.slings.png

Running Back By Committee is usually bad news for both running backs. Not for Atlanta Monday Night...

atl.rbs.tie.jpeg

Heading into Sunday, this is what the Cowboys were facing...

college.cowboys.png

God Bless Cleveland Fans.

cle.stadium.halloween.png

But it's not all bad.

cle.still.have.lebron2.jpg

Wrapping with one of the most touching moments in sports I've seen in a long time.

24 year old Marlins Pitcher, Jose Fernandez was killed Sunday in a boating accident.

The team honored him with all the players wearing black Fernandez #16 jerseys and then laying their hats on the mound.

marlin.hats.jpeg

But the strongest moment came with the first Marlin batter in the bottom of the first inning. 160 pound leadoff hitter, Dee Gordon, one of Fernandez' closest friends took the first pitch wearing Fernandez' helmet. Gordon is a left handed batter but took the first pitch as a right handed hitter as Fernandez was. He then moved to the left handed batters box and did this...

In case you've ever wondered what Bill Belichick writes in that little notebook...

ne.belichick.enemies.png

Jay Cutler. New Haircut. Same Expression.

chi.cutler.haircut.jpeg

And you know what Cutler thinks of my opinion?

14-9-chi-cutler-bird.jpg

ESPN's Trent Dilfer brought up an interesting point Sunday morning. Three of the young quarterbacks excelling this season are coached by guys who were backup QBs to great starting QBs. Dilfer's theory is the lessons these coaches learned backing up the Hall of Fame QBs is playing out in them being able to coach up these young guys. Makes sense to me. 

qb.coaches.png

I kind of love it that Romeo Crennel and Vince Wilfork are almost the same size.

hou.crennel.jpeg

hou.wilfork.jpeg

College Football Note. Oh those wacky LSU Folks...

coach.taylor.pickle.png

LSU is reportedly scrambling to identify a long-term replacement for Les Miles after finding out that the program’s #1 choice, Eric Taylor, is a fictional person from a television show.

Athletic director Joe Alleva fired Miles after Saturday’s loss to Auburn because he was confident he could lure the dynamic East Dillion Lions coach from rural Texas to Louisiana for the bright lights of the SEC. But according to sources, soon after terminating Miles, Alleva was unable to get Taylor on the phone and then ultimately discovered the coach was a character played by Kyle Chandler, a 51-year old actor from Buffalo. Panicked, Alleva then hired Ed Orgeron as LSU’s interim head coach.

“Joe thought ‘Friday Night Lights’ was a documentary,” said a prominent LSU booster. We all did. It was very realistic and gritty. We wanted Eric and Tammy Taylor here and thought we were going to have a home run hire. Instead, we have Ed Orgeron. I’m worried we made a big mistake.”

That's pretty funny.

Pros do the little things. The boxscore will show a nice run by David Johnson. What I saw was a great block by Larry Fitzgerald on the defensive back crashing in that could have blown up the play.

arz.fitz.block.jpeg

Here's something I don't understand. Before Sunday's game, writers in the Boston Globe were talking up the "dangers" of "risking" Julian Edelman as the backup QB. ESPN's Chris Berman said the same thing Sunday morning.

Are they asking Edelman to possibly play quarterback? Or bust the wedge on the kickoff coverage team? 

14-15-most-intersting-man-facepalm.gif

Minnesota lost Teddy Bridgewater and Adrian Peterson and they're 4-0. Just like we all expected...

14-5-dude-headshake.gif

Washington WR DeSean Jackson wore cleats in warmups Sunday to bring attention to the important issue of violence in our country and how it relates to the Police and Citizens. 

was.jackson.cleat.jpg

Jackson issued this statement regarding the cleats.

“Today is the start of my attempts to be part of a solution and start dialogue about the senseless killings of both citizens and police. I have chosen to wear these cleats in pregame today to use my platform as a pro athlete to add to this discussion. This isn’t meant to be any kind of protest against the good men and women in law enforcement in this country. I just want to express my concern in a peaceful and productive way about issues that are currently impacting our country.”

Statement from the Washington Redskins:

“We stand in support of both DeSean and the law enforcement community. We have great respect for law enforcement and the sacrifices they make each and every day to protect and serve our communities. We continue to have open dialogue with our players about issues that are important to them and support their efforts to bring awareness to those issues when done in a responsible manner.”

Well done.

Who knew that former Bills offensive coordinator Greg Roman was the problem with their defense?

inglourious.basterds.shrug.2.gif

From the broadcast Sunday: "The Browns have scored on four consecutive possessions.". Don't get that a lot.

Things quickly returned to the normal "Factory of Sadness" state for Cleveland when the officials incorrectly awarded a fumble to Washington.

The call was bad enough to make ESPN's C'mon Man Monday night.

cle.cmon.man.fumble.png

And NFL Investigative Journalist Casey Matheny posted this diagram with the official pointing to the ground while Duke Johnson held the ball. 

cle.casey.fumble.png

Bad calls happen. It's part of the game. Usually the officials and the league acknowledge the error and move on.

But this one is weird as the league seems to be going to great lengths to defend the incorrect call. The conspiracy theorists would point to the fact it was line judge Sarah Thomas who missed the call. Thomas is the only female game official in the league and is in her second year. I love that the league has women officials. But the fact they're going out of the way it seems to defend a blown call here seems odd. Thomas I think would be the first to say she doesn't want or need any special protection. She just wants to be "an official". By all accounts I've seen, she seems to have been doing just that. John Harbaugh called her a "good ref". Up till now, I don't recall her name mentioned very often. Which is what you want. Officials and long snappers are doing a good job when you don't hear about them. 

TheBigLead.com has plenty of pictures and backup for their story on how the league is "bizarrely" defending the call. Bottom line: My message to the league is this: Let her do her job. And if she makes a mistake, don't add to the pressure already on her by putting up some weird protection thing.

Saints running back John Kuhn scored three touchdowns Sunday. Yes Mark Ingram owners, Sean Payton really does hate you.

no.payton.mad.jpg

Note for Rob Gronkowski Owners: I know you're nervous and feeling like Richard Nixon here.

nixon.nervous.2.gif

Tom has a message for you.

ne.brady.calm.tf.png

kc.chiefs.left.match.png

I'm with Marcus Peters. It was pretty ugly out there.

kc.ugly.jpg

Pittsburgh's Antonio Brown rocked these sweet Arnold Palmer tributes Sunday night.

pit.brown.palmer.cleats.png

When quarterbacks have nightmares, they see James Harrison...

pit.harrison.nightmare.jpeg

In case you overslept and missed the Colts and Jaguars in London, here's the recap.

ind.luck.face.png

Ryan Fitzpatrick's 10 interceptions are more than CHI, KC, BUF, SD, OAK, GB, DAL, MIN, NE and PHI have thrown. Combined. 

shocked.hand.mouth.gif

The key to winning football games is running the ball effectively. Right? Don't tell that to Cleveland fans...

cle.run.football.png

Fun College Football note - Michigan threw out the "Centipede Formation" against Wisconsin..

Michigan.wisconsin.png

OK, off-topic but..

Wrapping with a good "Life As Sports" thing. Colorado’s DJ LeMahieu won the NL batting title on Sunday. He did this by protecting his batting average by sitting out the last two games, and four out of the last five games. He was battling Washington's Daniel Murphy who had not been playing the last couple of weeks. 

“It was unique in that the other guy he was battling with wasn’t playing,” Rockies manager Walt Weiss said. “If they’re both playing and going at it, that’s one thing. I didn’t want him to lose it that way.”

So basically, LeMahieu played it safe and didn't risk playing and possibly lowering his batting average. 

That's lame. And don't even get me started on Colorado players winning batting titles. But sitting out to not risk lowering the batting average is lame. 

But to be fair, it's not uncommon. Jose Reyes did something similar in 2011. In fact, the article headline reads, "Rockies pull an extreme Jose Reyes to get infielder batting title".  But just because something's happened before doesn't make it any less lame.

You know what's not lame? History lesson time. Heading into the last day, a double header, of the 1941 season, 23 year old Ted Williams' batting average was .39955. He could have sat out the meaningless last two games of the last day and his average would have rounded to the hallowed .400 mark.

Ted-Williams.jpg

From the sabr.org article: "In his autobiography, My Turn At Bat, Williams recalls Joe Cronin telling him, 'You don’t have to be put in if you don’t want to. You’re officially .400.' Ted reports his reaction: 'Well, God, that hit me like a ***damn lightning bolt! What do you mean I don’t have to play today?'"

But you probably know the story. Williams put his .400 mark at risk and played. Both games. And went 6 for 8 finishing the year at .406.

That's badass.

How that applies to you and me is simple. I feel pretty safe in saying we're not going to hit .400 in the majors. But we all get to walk to the plate every day and take some swings. Take yours.

Can someone remind the Bills they're supposed to be terrible and their head coach is about to be fired? With another win Sunday, they're sitting at 3-2 one game behind New England in their division. Quarterback Tyrod Taylor lining up behind the guard was fun though.

buf.taylor.lineup.wrong.gif

And you knew Rex Ryan wouldn't let that slide.

buf.ryan.presser.taylor.png

Just one more reason to love the well traveled Josh McCown.

cle.mccown.jerseys.png

With the ESPN gig over, Mike Ditka's working security in Green Bay.

gb.ditka.guard2.png

Note to Trent Dilfer..

dilfer.socks.jpeg

Beetlejuice called and wants his socks back.

beetlejuice.jpg

More proof that you can wear anything you like after a win. Aaron Rodgers as Arthur Fonzarelli.

rodgers.fonzy.png

Show of hands? Who's old enough to know Arthur Fonzarelli?

Cause and Effect. You don't get many chances against the Vikings Defense. When Will Fuller drops this pass...

hou.fuller.drop.jpeg

Brock Osweiler says things that the NFL Network blurs out on replay..

hou.osweiler.blur.jpeg

My favorite thing about Twitter and the Monday morning QB guys are how they refuse (or can't) see the bigger picture. 

The narrative Sunday afternoon was a laughfest over Brock "Three And Outsweiler"...

Twitter and Facebook were a mixture of:

"OSWEILER's Charles Barkley TURRRIBLE! LOLZ!!!"

"John Elway's a GENIUS for running Osweiler out of town..."

"Texans are DOOMED!!!"

Osweiler's decent. Elway was outbid for Osweiler by Houston. And the Texans are in sole possession of first place in their division. 

Oh, and Minnesota's Defense is pretty good at Football. Here's what it looks like for an offense these days facing the Vikings.....

min.defense.2.png

Rams coach Jeff Fisher after losing to Buffalo Sunday: "We don't make excuses, But three of our four starting defensive lineman were watching the game today."

Ok then.

chuck.norris.thumbs.up.gif

Dez Bryant is winning even when he's not playing...

dal.bryant.hoodie.jpeg

Not quite as sure about Buffalo's Marcell Dareus with the sweatbands...

buf.tank.jpeg

Glitch in the Matrix Sunday afternoon. Washington and Chicago both facing last chance 4th and 8's at the end of the game at the exact same time.

glitch.game.4th-8.png

For someone that's watching his career slip away, Tony Romo seems pretty happy.

dal.romo.smile.jpeg

Antonio Brown with another cleat tribute Sunday. This week it was Muhammad Ali. Nice.

pit.brown.cleats.ali.png

Unlike many of the players who wear the special cleats for warmups and then switch to regular cleats for the game, Brown kept these on for the game. Then an NFL Inspector told him to remove them. Apparently, once the Inspector busts you, you have to comply or risk being removed from the game. Wow. It's an interesting position for the league. You can do do whatever you want for the National Anthem but wearing Muhammad Ali tribute cleats will get you kicked out of the game.

Brown wore the Ali cleats for two series and then switched over to regular cleats. The network had some fun with the graphic...

pit.brown.cleats.series.png

Terrell Suggs mic'd up was fun. Talking to 6' 4" 210 pound Andre Holmes: "Dang, you're big. You a receiver?"

bal.suggs.micd.jpeg

The Browns are once again looking for a quarterback. Former University of Kentucky and Northern Kentucky River Monsters QB Jared Lorenzen can still sling it...

lorenzen.river.mosters.png

I like Justin Tucker but lining him up as left footed kicker when he's right footed just screams "fake". Seems pretty odd.

bal.tucker.fake.gif

In case you missed it, Tom Brady was back this week.

ne.brady_is_coming.jpg

New England defensive end Jabaal Sheard was ready.

ne.sheard.brady.png

I think I'm with Nick...

nick.offerman.huh.gif

After Week 4, Odell Beckham Jr said "Football is my sanctuary. It's where I go to escape. It's where I'm most happy. I'm not having fun anymore."

Philadelphia's Carson Wentz went straight for the kill.

phi.wentz.fun.png

Careful, Rook. You know what they say...

ferris.bueller.life.moves.pretty.fast.gi

It's almost Movember. God Bless Drew Brees.

no.brees.mustache.miami.vice.gif

Josh Norman's sock game = strong.

was.norman.sock.png

Winning cures everything. Everson Griffen probably didn't mind his name being misspelled...

min.griffen.name.wrong.png

For the majority of NFL fans whose team has a relatively stable quarterback situation, stop complaining. You could be dealing with this...

cle.qb.rotate.png

Not everyone was thrilled to have Brady back..

ne.garoppolo.looks.png

Hang in there Panthers fans. You'll be ok. And don't be one of these...

car.bandwagon.schefter.jpg

Antonio Brown is really good at Football. But his post game jersey trading skills need work...

pit.brown.jersey.geno.smith.png

Odell Beckham rocking the Joker Gloves and Visor. ..

"Just Smile" on one hand.

nyg-beckham.just.smile.glove.jpeg

This on the other. 

nyg.beckham.joker.glove.png

And a sweet visor.

nyg.beckham.joker.visor.png

Best of all, Beckham and the kicking net are now friends again...

nyg.beckham.net.kiss.gif

I like John Fox. He may not be the greatest or most exciting coach but at least he's honest.

chi.fox.plan.png

Ever since the broadcasts started adding graphics and ads that aren't actually there, I don't trust everything I see.

baseball.invisible.bat.png

And for the Patriot haters who think I've thrown too much love to Tom Brady this week, here you go...

ne.brady.cheating.jpeg

FOXBOROUGH, MA - Tom Brady is back from his four-game suspension and the Patriots quarterback said he has never been more motivated to silence his critics.

"I'm a competitive guy. I always have been," he said. "But I think you all know I was playing with an extra chip on my shoulder in 2007 after all the SpyGate stuff. Well, you haven't seen anything yet. Trust me. This time I want it even more. I think that every time you get caught cheating, you want to play even better when you get back just to try to shut people up and make them forget about the cheating because they doubt you more and more after every scandal, you know?"

Brady's teammates say they already notice a certain look in his eyes and an energy and purpose with which he has been carrying himself since arriving back with the team early Monday morning.

"I know that look," said receiver Julian Edelman. "It means he's --"

"Hit on a great new cheating idea?" said tight end Rob Gronkowski, standing nearby and attempting to finish his teammate's sentence.

"Rob! No! Not in front of a reporter, man," chided Edelman. "Anyway, where was I … oh, right. Tom being really motivated to win -  without cheating, of course - and shove it down everyone's throat."...

I've heard it said that you know you're doing well when everyone's a little mad. That oughta do it...

NFL is really strict with their uniform policy, I know DeAngelo Williams wanted to wear his BCA stuff all year but the NFL wouldn't let him. Which I thought was super dumb.

Also, I'm going to have to disagree with you on that "Osweiler is an average QB". His QBR is 40th out of 47 QBs who have played this year, is a dismal 41st out of 47 in yards per attempt, 34th in completion percentage, and 2nd in interceptions

car.rivera.look.2.png

Some of the old logos were just weird LOL

den.old.logo.png

pit.old.logo.png

cle.brownie.old.png

I'm pretty sure there was a penalty on this play with Greg Olsen..

car.olsen.flags.jpeg

More sweetness with cleats from Antonio Brown..

pit.brown.cleats.slice.hernandez.png

For the Dolphins game, he paid tribute to Miami legends Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez and MMA star Kimbo Slice.

Here's how Major League Baseball deals with things like Bryce Harper's Harambe bat.

mlb.harper.harambe.png

Let that sink in. The bow ties at Major League Baseball are less uptight than the NFL...

It's almost November which means it's time for Patriots coach Bill Belihick to start having fun with the injury report. As Adam Schefter said this week, "The Patriots had everyone but Big Papi listed as Questionable..."

More cleat awesomeness. Washington defensive end Ricky Jean Francois has strong connections to Haiti. Sunday he rocked these with a plea to pray for the country and people of Haiti as they deal with the hurricane aftermath. Teammate Pierre Garcon has the same ties and they both traveled to Haiti last week to help with distributing supplies. 

was.haiti.cleat.png

Another week. Another misspelled jersey.

jax.amukamara.spelling.png

But let's be honest. If we're going to start firing everyone who's ever misspelled Amukamara's name, there won't be many of us left.

Who knew there was Chinese Arena Football? And that their celebrations were so good?

Good News / Bad News for Houston.

Good news is they're showing textbook blocking skills. Bad news is it's against their own guys...

HOU.block.each.other.png

Just sayin'...

gb.favre.honor.png

den.sd.nemo.png

Buffalo's Justin Hunter scored and managed to toss the football to the one 49er fan in the endzone. Who fumbled it off his face.

buf.sf.fan.jpeg

brady.good.job2.gif

Mark Ingram owners already know Sean Payton hates them.

no.payton.mad.jpg

With a COBY FLEENER RUSHING TOUCHDOWN AT THE GOAL LINE, now he's just being cruel...

Another example of the Black Eyed Joe Jersey Coverage Rule Of Thumb: Always take a 13 being covered by a 91.

mismatch.jpeg

I know this fan was going for Tom Brady as Minuteman.

ne.brady.minuteman.jpeg

It felt more like Tom Brady as Che Guevera

FitzpatrickChe.jpg

Completely off-topic, but Danny MacAskill is an Alien. And Scotland is beautiful.

Some teams are blessed with so many offensive weapons, the defense can't cover them all. Cleveland is not one of those teams. So if I'm the defensive coordinator facing the Browns, put someone on 11. 

cle.pryor.open.jpeg

There's some comfort in knowing that if I ever needed to, I could just post Civil War General Luck and Fitzpatrick memes...

nyj.fitzpatrick.general.muskets.png

Although because of this...

nyj.jet.only.td.png

It looks like my time may be running short for General Fitzpatrick's side of these.

Bill Belichick's a man of few words. Unless he's talking about how much he hates the Microsoft Surface Tablets. Tuesday he took five minutes to describe the depths of his disdain.

Here's the short version.. "As you probably noticed, I’m done with the tablets,” Belichick said. “They’re just too undependable for me. I’m going to stick with pictures, which several of our other coaches do, as well, because their just isn’t enough consistency in the performance of the tablets. I just can’t take it anymore. … “For me, personally, it’s a personal decision, I’m done with the tablets. I’ll use the paper pictures from here on, because I just have given it my best shot. I’ve tried to work through the process. But it just doesn’t work for me, and that’s because there’s no consistency to it.”

Here's the response from Microsoft who paid 400 million dollars for the teams to use the tablets...

office.angry.jpeg

Thanks Brett Favre...

7.favre.prescott.png

• 2 weeks later...

Week 7 featured some fun storylines including Brock Osweiler facing his former team. Everyone seemed ready.

08.von_miller.jpg

It's one thing for Davante Adams to score more touchdowns than all the Bears receivers combined.

But more yards and receptions too?

Adams_vs_Chicago.jpg

Somewhere Dick Butkus is looking like George Costanza...

costanza.facepalm.gif

Andy Dalton and the Bengals were stoked to finally have Tyler Eifert back...

cin.eifert.back.png

The Seattle - Arizona game had me thinking about Angry Birds...

sea.arz.angrybirds.jpeg

I praised the Vikings social media team last week for the Sam Bradford photoshops.

But the Harambe memes are pretty tired by this point. Definitely not worth a five fire rating. 

min.harambe.cleat.png

I'm not sure it's possible, but I think Michael Bennett's shoulder pads are getting smaller. Or his shoulders are getting bigger. Maybe both.

sea.bennett.pads.2.jpeg

The pink gear for Breast Cancer Awareness starts to look the same after a while. Props to Falcons WR Mohamed Sanu for raising the bar with these pink Power Ranger cleats.

sanu.pink.power.ranger.cleats.png

That's quality television right there.

det.moon.png

Don't worry Browns fans. It's going to be ok.

cle.saracen.friday.night.light.png

Blake Bortles brings up lots of differing opinions. But I think we can all agree this is not good.

jax.bortles.stats.png

Oh that Rex Ryan...

buf.captains.mia2.jpeg

As promised, Bill Belichick ditched the tablet.

ne.belichick.paper.png

I'm just going to leave this one right here...

atl.jones.herpes.png

15 hours ago, Kendrick said:

The Rex Ryan thing is from last year, I know that for a fact.

Well unless I am misunderstanding you....your facts are fucking wrong. He did the same thing in 2015, but my post was from here...

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2016/10/23/rex-ryan-sends-out-five-ex-dolphins-as-bills-captains/

• 2 weeks later...

biden.bortles2.png

cle.manziel.win.png

Remember when Mike Wallace failed his conditioning test for Training Camp this summer?

bal.wallace.pit.jpeg

Apparently "Can You Run Away And Hide From Steeler DBs?" wasn't on the test...

Because who doesn't like a 300 pound defensive player hurdling guys after an interception...

mia.hurdle.gif

College Football Note. Sweet Band Routine from Ohio State.

osu.band.ironman.gif

Here's where things are for Case Keenum. Fans are chanting for Tebow...

Nicolas-Cage-Facepalm1.gif

nyj.dream.rb.png

Raiders with a Glitch In The Matrix hung up on 3's...

oak.glitch.333.jpg

The running back drought in Green Bay continues.

gb.squirrel.png

Jeff Fisher:  "Todd (Gurley) is not getting enough carries."

Every Gurley Owner:

Funny_shocked_face-5.jpg

I'll take Odell Beckham's kicks from last week though. In the Salute To Service theme.

NYG.beckham.salute.cleat.png

Overheard Sunday on the Vikings broadcast: “Sam Bradford with 7 completions to 6 different receivers. Including himself”

oprah.hmmm.gif

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kendrick said:

You mean the Castro stuff?

Yeah. Like, how can you push for African-American rights, then support a dictator who deprives people of basic human rights? He's supporting a guy who would have him detained for his protesting! And the fact that he is like "he did all this good stuff for Cuba, but I'm not supporting the oppressive stuff he did," is just laughable to me. Like "hey, Hitler did some good things for Germany too, you know! I don't support his World-War-Starting, Genocide-having oppression though, I just like the other stuff." Come on. And considering the reaction of Cuban-Americans, obviously the whole "good stuff" Castro did hasn't exactly left them with a good impression of him. And some of that stuff Kaepernick said is just ignorant. "They have the highest literacy rate". Oh, you mean the literacy rate they self report? And the literacy rate of the books that Castro ALLOWS them to read, not of any that the government deems unacceptable.

idk, it just frustrates me. If he wants to protest, fine. He's addressing an issue in the government, and has shown some bravery for sure. I fully support what he's doing. But to then turn around and praise someone who doesn't allow that basic right he's using? I mean once again, I fully support his right to free speech. But i don't think anyone can, or should, take him seriously after that.

1 hour ago, ADwyer87 said:

Yeah. Like, how can you push for African-American rights, then support a dictator who deprives people of basic human rights? He's supporting a guy who would have him detained for his protesting! And the fact that he is like "he did all this good stuff for Cuba, but I'm not supporting the oppressive stuff he did," is just laughable to me. Like "hey, Hitler did some good things for Germany too, you know! I don't support his World-War-Starting, Genocide-having oppression though, I just like the other stuff." Come on. And considering the reaction of Cuban-Americans, obviously the whole "good stuff" Castro did hasn't exactly left them with a good impression of him. And some of that stuff Kaepernick said is just ignorant. "They have the highest literacy rate". Oh, you mean the literacy rate they self report? And the literacy rate of the books that Castro ALLOWS them to read, not of any that the government deems unacceptable.

idk, it just frustrates me. If he wants to protest, fine. He's addressing an issue in the government, and has shown some bravery for sure. I fully support what he's doing. But to then turn around and praise someone who doesn't allow that basic right he's using? I mean once again, I fully support his right to free speech. But i don't think anyone can, or should, take him seriously after that.

It's okay because no one in their right mind does take Colin Kaepernick seriously. He has shown time and time again that he wants to speak out on issues, but for the people who also want to speak out on those issues they hate that he is the one getting the coverage. He isn't very intelligent and it's one of the reasons why I respect Zach de la Rocha so much (RAGE lead singer). De La Rocha stands up for things he believe in and always supports his side without ever flip flopping (that I've seen). Funny enough they both have a similar look to them without a helmet on (just a quirky observation). I know exactly what you're saying and I agree. Colin isn't the sharpest knife in the set though to start with.