What Are You Listening To?

Kyle

8 minutes ago, alecbama said:

Emotionless after the 2:00 mark is excellent imo. I'm a big fan of that classic background singer flow too, so that makes it all the better for me. I think Blue Tint, Nonstop, and Talk Up are the best bangers and there are a lot of B side tracks that are smooth. Finesse, In My Feelings, Summer Games, etc.

The MJ track was kinda disappointing I think, and you're right about 14 March kinda losing some juice. Lot of nice beats, only one I really didn't like was Is There More.

Listened to Emotionless again.

''I wasn’t hiding my kid from the world / I was hiding the world from my kid.''

Idk about this excuse. I don't know if he really cared about the kid so I'm not gonna say much about this line. 

Just now, hedgehog337 said:

Listened to Emotionless again.

''I wasn’t hiding my kid from the world / I was hiding the world from my kid.''

Idk about this excuse. I don't know if he really cared about the kid so I'm not gonna say much about this line. 

Idk if that's legit either, but it wouldn't be unprecedented for a celeb to do. The other bars preceding it in there are gold tho no matter what. Real talk about the state of society today

3 minutes ago, alecbama said:

Idk if that's legit either, but it wouldn't be unprecedented for a celeb to do. The other bars preceding it in there are gold tho no matter what. Real talk about the state of society today

Drake didn't say something new in this song. It's not a secret what today's society looks like.

I already mentioned about casual listeners. A lot of them are trashing this album, like they had a high expectation after NFW and God's Plan.

Like I said, this project is mid. Maybe it'll grow on me some day, idk.

39 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Drake didn't say something new in this song. It's not a secret what today's society looks like.

See I'm a fan of him saying that stuff because it isn't so obvious to everyone. With that logic you could argue that Kendrick on TPAB and DAMN was just rehashing old narratives. It's a welcome change up.

1 minute ago, alecbama said:

See I'm a fan of him saying that stuff because it isn't so obvious to everyone. With that logic you could argue that Kendrick on TPAB and DAMN was just rehashing old narratives. It's a welcome change up.

It's not like K Dot's lyrics on both projects were eyes opening thing for me either.

Like I said, his album is being trashed a lot right now, but probably in long-term it becomes a solid one. We shall see. One thing we know, his life isn't being perfect with revealation of his child and trouble with Push in overall. Gonna be interesting to see how he handles this and if he could stay on top.

11 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

It's not like K Dot's lyrics on both projects were eyes opening thing for me either.

Like I said, his album is being trashed a lot right now, but probably in long-term it becomes a solid one. We shall see. One thing we know, his life isn't being perfect with revealation of his child and trouble with Push in overall. Gonna be interesting to see how he handles this and if he could stay on top.

Yeah I guess I just like listening to stuff that speaks truth to me. Doesn't need to be eye-opening for me personally, just needs to be cognizant and on point. Much rather listen to that than Quan or Thugger. Cole and Kendrick more my style.

I think that his vulnerability and imperfection can make or break him. It could make him a GOAT or could be his downfall; agree that it'll be interesting to see how he handles it and how people respond to the vulnerability on this album.

1 hour ago, alecbama said:

Yeah I guess I just like listening to stuff that speaks truth to me. Doesn't need to be eye-opening for me personally, just needs to be cognizant and on point. Much rather listen to that than Quan or Thugger. Cole and Kendrick more my style.

I think that his vulnerability and imperfection can make or break him. It could make him a GOAT or could be his downfall; agree that it'll be interesting to see how he handles it and how people respond to the vulnerability on this album.

Not gonna be an easy task. Kendrick isn't going anywhere at this moment and Post is big as well. Cardi is there too as the biggest female star atm.

Edited by hedgehog337

the new drake album is really schleepy. Nice For What and God's Plan are the best songs, and when those are your first two singles - and everything else drops off? zzz.

Plus, we're at the point of albums being way too long. 25 songs, a hour and a half. We got streaming services, we don't need our money's worth going to the record store no more.

I'd rate it about a 5/10, and this is coming from someone who really enjoys the rest of his albums. Take Care, Nothing Was The Same, IYRTITL, all that. Those are all albums above a 7.5 easily.

Also, might I recommend Year of the Snitch by Death Grips. Very enjoyable album, their most accessible despite being still out in the middle of the fucking desert as far as genre goes. Very experimental and distorted like their previous records, and yet it has a melodic feel to it. Death Grips is Online is just an awesome opener.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

English folk singer-songwriter Sam Kelly.  First seen years ago when he auditioned for Britain's Got Talent.  He audition with one of my favourite songs "To Make You Feel My Love."  He released a new album this month.  Going through his other releases.  I need to finish binging King's X discography.  Waiting on Dream Theater's new album A View from the Top of the World to drop.  The first single "The Alien" is so good.  I also just discovered "Love Keeps" from Edmonton band Scenic Route to Alaska.  So good.  May check out the rest of their discography.

Aside from binging discographies, I listen to whatever.  I am eclectic and listen to a variety of genres.

Edited by Mr. C.C.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...