Text

What are your favourite texts and where do you find them? As said by many, the bets way to complete a sig is having the right text. If you have a slightly off putting text, it ruins what could be a stellar sig. What are some of your favourite texts that have actually worked on plenty of sigs.

*Sponsored by dafont.com

Helvetica/Arial. Find a free download somewhere with all of the Helvetica and your computer probably came with Arial weights. 

For example, the following is all Arial.

BN2PmKA.png

After you start to learn how to manipulate text, you can start getting creative with the fonts. But for now, your main goal should be to use simple fonts, and use layer styles and other forms of effects to make stuff look good.

• Commissioner

Finding a download for Helvetica could be tough. It's one of the most used and most expensive font faces.

If I'm not mistaken though, Kendrick has a mac which come equiped with the entire Helvetica family.

In any case, I agree with the keep it simple notion. I'm sure we've all got plenty of over-stylized fonts from our noob GFX days but they rarely get used. In general its better to use simple text and just play with the kerning and stuff to make it work.