Skin Stuff

Beketov

• Commissioner

Feel free to delete this once we get things ready to go. I wanted a topic to discuss what you guys want to see skin wise though. Plus it'll double as a place to test new skin designs.

Kora and I were thinking of a clean, lean, professional looking skin. A lot of light / dark grey with some blue hints to keep with our classic colour. Maybe some nice thin font work as well. I'm leaving most of the design aspects up to him but that's what we're thinking.

Thoughts?

• Commissioner

Do you guys have the logos? This site seems to be more customizable, ie each team can have a skin design.

Kora did up pretty much all our logos right? I'm sure he has them somewhere.

And yeah, the built in skin tools are definitely much better than SMF. They code like Invisionfree which is great because I know it and the skin chooser is built in so it should be easy for us to make multiple skins. Possibly even per team skins as you mentioned.

• Commissioner

tbh, I think we've used blue long enough. Let's move back to red!

Chances are there won't be a ton of color in the skin anyway.

Keep in mind too, skin chooser is built in and coding is easy so we should have plenty of options.

Chances are there won't be a ton of color in the skin anyway.

Keep in mind too, skin chooser is built in and coding is easy so we should have plenty of options.

True. I also have experience with IPB, so if you guys need any help with skinning or whatever, let me know (Y)

Some stuff I thought might be cool to add to the site, most of it is paid though so feel free to ignore me:

These are older, I'm not sure if they are compatible:

Wall of Fame/Forum Stats

"This Day in History"

Awards

Chat!

"Forum Runner" Mobile Site

iTwitteeter (can have running stream of tweets from site, can finally use twitter for something useful)

Newer:

League "News Feed"

Showing a Members Most Active Forum

Changing Member Title

Auto Welcome Members

There's a shitload, I'm just breezing through it.. Here's the whole thing:

http://community.invisionpower.com/files/

• Commissioner

Yeah, bonus stuff is secondary. The skin is technically secondary, might just take a bit to do so I'm looking into it now. Extra bonuses (banner, mods, etc) are all a later time kinda thing.

• Commissioner

As long as it's a light skin. I hate the dark skin at SHL, and dark skins in general

Chances are that we'll eventually have multiple options, both light and dark, although light is definitely the priority. Especially so that the site images look best on all and as well as font colors.

Also possible at a later date obviously. I like the concept though.

P.S Multi-Quote is kinda cool

• Commissioner

I have uploaded a free skin we downloaded to sorta have an idea of what is doable with this editor and get a feel for it. If you guys want to access this skin to check it out select "change theme" at the bottom of the page and choose the "WT-Blue: Test Skin" option. This isn't going to be our final skin but should give an idea of the clean style look we're going for.

• Commissioner

I can't see the test skin in the "Change Theme" menu. Is this just me?

I just realized I forgot to set it so non-admins have access. Give me a minute and I'll change it over.