Skin Stuff

Beketov

• Commissioner

I am not able to see this Red Skin either. I've gone through all my options under change theme. They all look relatively the same save for the banner 808 did at the top. 

It used to be under "Test1" but I think he made some edits because it's blue now.

• Commissioner

Just to keep everyone updated. Kora and I have been PMing back and forth about the skin and we've bounced a few ideas around. He then created a mock up to give me something to work off of for the coding. Keep in mind this mockup still needs a bit of work done and I'm not as experienced with coding IPB so it might not come out exactly like that but it's the look we're going for.

• Commissioner

I imagine we can. If it's not just a height element than it should automatically adjust to different heights. The SBA has a massively oversized banner and it seems to fit so I'm sure we can manage, would just be a matter of designing it.

Not to rush you guys, just pointing something out in case it hasn't been discussed. Even putting up a temp skin and banner to attract guys here right away so they don't think we are inactive or anything would go a long way. Once that is done we can put a long-term one in. First impressions are big with how guys are on the internet, especially if they are on the fence about continuing with us

If I have any criticism for it, it would be maybe have the team logos black and white over the red low opacity, then perhaps hover for colour like on nhl.com

Also, I think the Notifications and Messages icons are better on this skin, but I assume those are placeholders.

• Commissioner

If I have any criticism for it, it would be maybe have the team logos black and white over the red low opacity, then perhaps hover for colour like on nhl.com

Also, I think the Notifications and Messages icons are better on this skin, but I assume those are placeholders.

I've seen techniques for how to code this before, I'll see if I can find them again. I like the idea.

• Commissioner

It would just be two images, colored and non-colored. Use CSS to set it at say 60% opacity, then on hover 100% and switch the image. 

Made this quickly for example: http://jsfiddle.net/cNSaK/1/

Yeah, i get the idea. Mostly concerned with getting the images there in the first place since I haven't had much time to dig into the coding for specific placement of new elements. I'm sure I can figure something out though.