Skin Stuff

Beketov

Just to keep everyone updated. Kora and I have been PMing back and forth about the skin and we've bounced a few ideas around. He then created a mock up to give me something to work off of for the coding. Keep in mind this mockup still needs a bit of work done and I'm not as experienced with coding IPB so it might not come out exactly like that but it's the look we're going for.

Get this done

• Commissioner

Any way you can change what the default skin is? The default one looks pretty bad with broken images, might deter people.. Just wonderin..

Didn't we already change it? Something wrong with it? I'm not suing the default one so idk.

Get this done

I'm sorry, did you want to skin something that you've never used before while collaborating with other people AND working 6-8 hours every day while trying to do it? I'm working on it, this isn't the kind of thing that's going to just come together in a day. I don't have most of the images yet, haven't had really any time to work on it and am trying to learn new code to make it work. It'll get done as soon as I can.

• Commissioner

http://i.imgur.com/jM4lCWQ.png

Mark up for a skin that Kora made. WE NEED TO GO WITH THIS! I know that sounds extreme but god damnit if that isn't some of the best skin I've ever seen.

You realize I posted that in here a few days ago, right :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • Commissioner

Any status update on the implementation of this skin? 

Been pretty busy and pretty sure Kora is in a similar boat. Getting things coming along on the more basic stuff but the advanced things (namely the top section) will take a lot more work than usual because of how IBP codes things. It's much better than SMF but gives much less control over the wrappers than Invisionfree which is great for people buying skins but not so great for people trying to make their own.

For the matter of recruiting back members, we can't let this website with this design. I know this is something that takes time to make but if you guys need help in term of graphic, I can help you

• 2 weeks later...
  • Commissioner

Graphics portion has been done for the past like 3 weeks (so says Koradek). Waiting on the coding I believe.

I was only sent a few images but for the most part he didn’t need anything else I don’t think.

Unfortunately a combination of different ways in which the site is coded, a lack of free time on my part and a very good (but very complicated) mockup things have hit a bit of a standstill.

I’m trying to work with one Higgins found / made / however it showed up and see if I can make enough modifications to get it close to what we’re looking for. It’s a challenge though when you just master the way one site is coded and then get completely thrown off by a different style which seems to offer significantly less flexibility. We may have to make a few compromises between the mockup and the actual skin.

I am aware of how long this process is taking though and I won’t be taking any pay for the work when it does get finished on account of that fact.