VHL Cup Finals, GM 5: Helsinki vs. Toronto

JardyB10

Congrats Toronto, I am glad I was able to help this wonderful squad win a cup! Molholt, you are a chill person and made some great GM moves this year, it was a pleasure to be on your team. For all of the Calgary alumni, I am glad you guys could finally get the cup you deserve (or if you are WinGod your 2nd cup). Even that Higgins got might be a little cool. Also Dollar is a great candidate for that NA captain trophy I am too lazy to look up what it's called

YEAAAAAAAAA!!!!

BOYS!! WE DID IT!!

Benjamin ZeptenCLUTCH and CLUTCH Velvet were on their A-games!

LSP with the 3 first assists!

You guys didn't need me tonight!

Finally I have my first Continental Cup in the VHL.

I am super proud of you guys on my team, and the elite GM Molholt on this team that you put together. WinGOD was definitely putting on a show in these playoffs as well.

Helsinki, you guys put up a huge fight in this final game, as expected. It's been a great series. Both of these Clegane goalies are some tough shit. Damn, son!

I don't know what to say, really. I've won a cup finally. We in Toronto won a cup. WE WON! WE WON!

I FINALLY WON! But, more so...WE WON!!!

Yes! Yes! Yes!

This road hasn't been necessarily "fun." I spent three years of Molholt's career convincing myself that this tactic of building through the draft and starting with nothing would pay off in the end. As a GM that sucks but also is kinda necessary. I asked a LOT of the players who came in after that. Parechkin and Free had to spend two seasons in turmoil. St. Pierre had a down year. Especially after thinking things would come together last season before all falling through.

Patience paid off. I promised "just one more down year," and it turned into Black Velvet. I promised that we would eventually find a goalie, and we signed Wingate. I promised we'd acquire depth and we traded for a lot of great players. 

Thanks to to all of Toronto's players for sticking this out with me and making this happen. It truly all came together at once. We started with a core, added key pieces and built a team we could all be proud to be on. 

We have a mixture of homegrown talent, high draft picks, low draft picks, free agent acquisitions, trade pieces, a rival GM, even a returning player (who had a &@$%ing hat trick in the clinching win!) and a legendary ghost captain (come back  doomsday). 

Enjoy it, all of you!

Molholt made all of these promises and all of us on the team fully believed in your efforts.

So many of you guys here have had a cup already. It's been a ride to drive for my first one. Parechkin made Boychuk proud.

Just now, Molholt said:

And I got so caught up that I should congratulate all of Helsinki on a great season.

All except for Greg Clegane, you suck. Thomas Landry power is on my side after all!

I was part of a #LandryShip in Calgary. :lol:

Just now, DollarAndADream said:

Molholt made all of these promises and all of us on the team fully believed in your efforts.

So many of you guys here have had a cup already. It's been a ride to drive for my first one. Parechkin made Boychuk proud.

I was part of a #LandryShip in Calgary. :lol:

It's insane that this is your first cup! And awesome!

Black Velvet to be the first player with 8 cups?? :o:P 

7 minutes ago, Molholt said:

We have a mixture of homegrown talent, high draft picks, low draft picks, free agent acquisitions, trade pieces, a rival GM, even a returning player (who had a &@$%ing hat trick in the clinching win!) and a legendary ghost captain (come back  doomsday). 

shhhh don't give away the secret combo we don't want kesler winning a cup :ph34r:

Ohhhhh yeah! This makes me happy because Toronto did it the right way and beat a favoured team in the eyes of the league. Plus this allows the Draper rigging allegations to take a back seat until him and Blatter go before a judge.

Congrats Legionairs!

Well done Toronto!! 

Bring the Cup round my house! I want to cry into it! 

So happy for you lads in Toronto. definitely deserve it! We've been through some great times here in Helsinki and going to the Finals in 3 of 4 seasons, with 2 Cup wins.... well.. there's not much complaining we can do! Toronto were the best team all season and demonstrated that in the Finals as well! Congratulations!! 

Helsinki, my lads, good fucking run. I still think Faux's onslaught this season is one of the biggest improvements ever seen in the league. Marvelous season. Doing the Player Page Stats... basically everyone had a career year here! (except me offensively.. but still did it on the defensive end!) So very proud of you guys!! @Wasty... we almost had 4 Cups together buddy! Let gun for that next season ;)

1 hour ago, DollarAndADream said:

The only reason Kesler has never won a cup is because he refused to even try to put Travis Boychuk on the first line with Wolf.  :ph34r:

He actually has won one, I'm not sure why people think he hasn't.