SEA/STO ; S48 off-season

Banackock

4 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Wait, AK47 is RW, not goalie? Am I missing something?

Apparently goalie to other position is okay before the draft, forward to defense and the other way around has to purchase the position change.

11 minutes ago, evrydayimbyfuglien said:

Apparently goalie to other position is okay before the draft, forward to defense and the other way around has to purchase the position change.

Im not sure about that, before drafted I think it's okay only because of having no money.

1 minute ago, Smarch said:

Wait, how was the allowed to switch to forward after what i was told before the s45 draft?

Apparently they don't allow it but it showed here. He I guess had to lose out on VHLM rewards as punishment. I wanted to move on to goalie but had nothing to give up so I couldn't move.

Just now, Kendrick said:

You got a bunch of guys wanting to switch? Jumping ship?

I don't want to switch. I asked when he switched. Someone asked how he was able to switch. Then they said that they might have to switch, too and were told they'd have to do it the regular way. Idk what's going on but it doesn't matter to me personally.

On 8/7/2015 at 6:19 PM, Draper said:

Okay so how dead set are you on wanting to do this?

With the other S45 goalies trailing off with the exception of Price, the lack of goalies in the S46 class, and the 5 teams that will need goalies (Toronto, Seattle, Helsinki, Cologne, New York), the other commissioner's don't think your reason for switching is realistic anymore

On 8/7/2015 at 7:20 AM, Smarch said:

I won't switch then, but that's a very shitty way of going with things. If it was yes in the beginning it should have been yes now.

I just think this potentially opens the door for people switching before the draft to a position of greater need to boost their draft position or planning with a GM to change to fit their team needs. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing either way.

• Senior Admin

This was a strange circumstance where 701 was basically leaving the site if he had to continue being goalie AND there was no team that would be particularly harmed by him switching. When he originally asked I was unsure about it basically due to the previous denying of similar requests, so I posed the question in the admin forum and we decided that the only harm would come from not allowing him to switch and seeing him leave the site. 

Evidently I think we need to establish some clear rules for position changes. 

Also @Smarch the only reason you have us for wanting to switch was to give first gens a shot...but by the time it came to do the switch, there was no first-gen goalies worthwhile and still 5 teams that needed goalies. It just didn't make sense and the implications of you switching would have been far bigger than they are with 701 switching to a forward. Sorry nonetheless, I get that it's annoying seeings things go one way in one season and another way a few seasons later.