G, Sven Wolf Retires

Banackock

After long thought, I decided to run a team poll in our Locker Room to see what the general consensus was for me recreating and for what position. Centers are rare throughout the league and they seem to be much more rare than goalies obviously at the moment. Sandro Clegane is our guy and hopefully this proves to him he isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Once I got above the VHLM maximum TPE levels, my salary would start counting against the cap. Due to me being a high tpe gainer, my salary would climb and would have a negative affect on our team.

It's shitty because I was at roughly 170-200 tpe after eveything. It was a lot of consistent work and such to build a great goalie. With that, I have recreated as: Sven Wolf --> Center. I currently have 57 TPE and am going to currently be aiming my career in the juniors as a playmaker. Something I noticed was everyone wants to be the goal scorer and it makes it difficult as a GM at times to find solid chemistry.  Three goal scorers coming together could mean no chemistry, not as strong or someone is gonna be left out on production (we seen that slightly with DT last season). 

As always, I'm going to bust my ass to become a top notch player. I get an earlier start this season, meaning more opportunities this season for me to gain TPE. This likely will be my only season in the VHLM as I made it to 170-ish by mid-end playoffs last season. I'm shooting by 200 for the end of the VHLM playoffs. 

This move was done to ensure the confidence in me of my players and to show them I'm as committed to the Bears are they are. 

2 minutes ago, ADwyer87 said:

Shouldn't listen to me, I'm dumb

hope you have fun with your new player, don't want you to be forced to change your player for us

It made sense for us as a team for me to do this, unfortunately. Id waste half my career almost behind Clegane as I would never push him out - OR I'd have to choose.. lose Clegane and have a weak goalie or me have a high salary and us have to pay two goalies. So it hurts us if I stay and had to pay me.. this way well have a great center in 2 seasons.. and look around the league.. there's very few solid C's. 

This maybe opens the door for people to recreate as goalies in the next 1-2 seasons - which we will eventually be actively looking at. 

16 minutes ago, gregreg said:

2 goalies in S49 draft and....... they're gone 

There was no need for one as he automatically went to a team (And wouldn't be going to any other team but Seattle). Thus, would have caused cap issues and wouldn't have allowed us to fully compete if so. He'd also sit behind Clegane for 3 seasons and waste half my career.  The other, there's tons of goalies in the league and didn't feel up to the challenge. 

Best wishes to you and Cologne. :) :sea::col: