Euro 2016

• Admin
6 hours ago, Kendrick said:

Iceland for the win! Right?

To be fair I think Iceland are better than some people would assume based on the fact they're Iceland. I doubt they'll be the worst team in their group.

10 hours ago, Victor said:

To be fair I think Iceland are better than some people would assume based on the fact they're Iceland. I doubt they'll be the worst team in their group.

This. I have Iceland advancing as a four-best thirds team. They'll beat Hungary (everyone will beat Hungary in that group) and that itself should be enough, but they have a decent enough shot at a draw with Austria. I don't think it'll happen, but second in the group isn't unreachable, especially considering the group they ended up with is essentially Portugal and everyone else (and on top of that, Portugal are one of the weaker top seeds, not that they'll have any trouble with this lot)

56 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

This. I have Iceland advancing as a four-best thirds team. They'll beat Hungary (everyone will beat Hungary in that group) and that itself should be enough, but they have a decent enough shot at a draw with Austria. I don't think it'll happen, but second in the group isn't unreachable, especially considering the group they ended up with is essentially Portugal and everyone else (and on top of that, Portugal are one of the weaker top seeds, not that they'll have any trouble with this lot)

Keep in mind that Austria's strength is from the backline. They don't generate scoring chances from their front players. So It's possible Iceland squeaks in.

When I made that comment I was genuinely cheering for them!

1 hour ago, StevenStamkos91 said:

i understand Holland didnt make it but that doesnt mean you have to be a debbie downer :P 

Holland? Come to think of it Texas has made the World Cup either so...

• Admin
Just now, Kendrick said:

Taker? Like in the whole tournament? Debatable. If you are making a joke that it's the best free kick in this tournament, hard to argue that ;)

like, in the world.

• Admin
5 hours ago, Kendrick said:

I don't know about that. It was a hell of a strike, not sure if he'd be my #1 though.

Free kick just outside the box, only ones right now I'd feel as confident would score as Payet, are probably Calhanoglu, Pjanic, and Messi. I don't actually know how frequently Ibrahimovic scores them and haven't seen Pirlo score one in a while.

• Admin

Albania should have scores at least one, Switzerland did fuck all with more than a half against ten men.

So far no one has stormed out of the gates. Let's see Wales and England.

4 hours ago, Victor said:

Free kick just outside the box, only ones right now I'd feel as confident would score as Payet, are probably Calhanoglu, Pjanic, and Messi. I don't actually know how frequently Ibrahimovic scores them and haven't seen Pirlo score one in a while.

Diego Forlan... oh wait that was 6 years ago

9 hours ago, Victor said:

Eric Dier just cracked a sweet one!