Euro 2016

• Admin

Lol.

That free kick was questionable IMO but England did create enough chances to win. That said, not enough considering Russia played the worst of the eight teams on show so far.

0-0 seemed a fair result tbh. Wouldn't be surprised if that's the only point both teams get.

2 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

Lol @ this draw. Russians did almost nothing in the attack, but still got an equaliser. At least it was fun ending.

What's funny is that the only other opportunity I would deem a glorious chance that wasn't converted is the shot by Smolov(sp?) on Hart.

Disappointing result, Dier's free-kick was well hit but Akinkeev positioning was weird to say the least. He did make a very good save from Rooney at least.

Considering the lack of speed of the centre-backs, this was a weird game to not play Vardy, compounded by the players he potentially would have replaced (Kane + Sterling) both having poor games. Thought the substitutions were strange as well, Wilshere isn't a guy you bring on to hold onto a lead and I can't think of many international teams that sub off their captain without their being an injury or a significant tactical switch. 

5 hours ago, YEAH!stlemania said:

Disappointing result, Dier's free-kick was well hit but Akinkeev positioning was weird to say the least. He did make a very good save from Rooney at least.

Considering the lack of speed of the centre-backs, this was a weird game to not play Vardy, compounded by the players he potentially would have replaced (Kane + Sterling) both having poor games. Thought the substitutions were strange as well, Wilshere isn't a guy you bring on to hold onto a lead and I can't think of many international teams that sub off their captain without their being an injury or a significant tactical switch. 

You set up a wall on the left side of your (about 14 yard line) and then stand on the left side of your goal line when the ball is just outside of the 18 (say 24). Seems weird that you'd do that knowing he can go over the wall from that close to the net. Then again this isn't the top brass Russian side with injuries and exclusions from their final roster.

England started a very offensive minded squad and if it were any team but Russian, you might see 3-4 against you because they really didn't show brilliant defending. That being said Russia had the biggest opportunity that wasn't a goal go just wide to the left of Hart.

Quite amazing how England did not find a way to score at least 2 goals they way they controlled the game. Kane was quite poor and I have to also wonder why he was the one who took most of the corners?  Subs or lack of them were also quite weird from England.  #Slightlyannoyed #HadEnglandtoWinthegame #lostthebet 

I understand that you need to play with your strengths, but jesus christ that game was a terrible thing to watch as a neutral viewer. 

Germany-Ukraine should be a nice one, hopefully at least.

Edited by jRuutu

13 minutes ago, Victor said:

In other news Ukraine are playing some of the best football in the tournament so far. Unlucky to be down 1-0.

Even I know this game could be 3-1 Ukraine if it weren't for Boateng and Neuer.

after an action packed weekend, im a bit behind on my euros, but i just watched the 1st half of the Albania  Swiss game and wow have Albania made silly silly mistakes, keeper flying around on a corner and gets no where near the ball. than the captain gets to yellows before half? 

Swiss keeper made a big save though to keep it 1-0. 

but thats where i paused it and ging to call it a night. i get to hopefully watch all of saturdays games tomorrow :P 

• Admin
10 hours ago, Kendrick said:

You can't lose if you don't let the other team have the ball. Keep away! Even then it was an exciting game going back and forth. Schweiny puts the nail in the coffin!

2nd half wasn't that back and forth, Germany pretty much smothered Ukraine.

Not that I blame that. Just a shame Ukraine have nothing to show for a really good performance.

9 hours ago, Victor said:

2nd half wasn't that back and forth, Germany pretty much smothered Ukraine.

Not that I blame that. Just a shame Ukraine have nothing to show for a really good performance.

I'd say thats pretty accurate. There is away around that though, the counter attack makes Germany very shoddy (especially the fullbacks).