The Closing Ceremonies & Awards Show

Phil

WELCOME VHL MEMBERS TO THE CLOSING CEREMONIES & AWARDS SHOW 

S48 VHL WORLD CUP

P9PCtUf.png

article-2187413-148510D1000005DC-764_964

Introduction:

Welcome one, welcome all to the Closing Ceremonies and Awards Show for the Season 48 World Cup! Did you know this is the 22nd World Cup the VHL has ever had and the sixth since it switched from every 2 seasons to every 3 seasons? A huge congratulations goes out to Team Scandinavia, who won their first Gold since Season 32 (a team featuring three of the top four tournament scorers, Larsson, Jive, and Valiq, who combined for 70 points!) Overall it was quite a much more competitive and successful tournament than I thought it would be, and one which I enjoyed perusing through the game threads and seeing some very interesting games. Streetlight and I worked very hard to bring you an entertaining World Cup, and I hope it showed.  This was not my first time Commissioning the World Cup (in fact, I think this was my 5th) and I really hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did.

P9PCtUf.png

Giving Thanks:

We all understand that every single one of us has “real” lives and “real-life” commitments. The VHL is a fun leisure activity that we do in our free and spare time because we enjoy it. Because of this, I think it is very important to take a moment to thank all the people that help run this site and keep it alive. In terms of the World Cup, I have a few thanks that I would like to make:

I'd like to thank the VHL Commissioners: Higgins and Draper, for their tireless efforts, endless support, and enlightened input into many aspects of the World Cup. They are my beacons above the water and my anchor below.

Shout-out of thanks to our World Cup GMs: Higgins, KingRobbie, Kendrick, Banackock, hedgehog337, and ADwyer87. Their efforts and enthusiasm throughout the event did not go unnoticed. Specifically, their enthusiasm that they brought to their respective team, their very quick roster picking, which they all put lots of thought into, and their ability to rep their team! Because of their hard work, all six of you are rewarded with an uncapped 2 TPE which you can claim immediately. Thank you all!

Another big thanks goes out to my co-commissioner, Streetlight, who can compile stats far faster than the speed of light, and who was in constant communication with Draper and myself before during and right after the tournament to ensure that it went as smoothly as a watermelon gliding across a Vaseline soaked floor. You always have brilliant ideas and are willing to work around problems and dig deep to find solutions. It was amazing having you as my Co. Thanks mang!

And last, but least of all, thanks goes out to YOU, the members of this site that make all the hours of organization worth it. I try to put as much work as I can into this site, not because I like doing the work, but because I love the site and all the members on here. You guys ARE the community and without you, there’d be no VHL. And so all the work I do is for you guys. You bring me so many hours of joy and entertainment, laughs and trolls, intrigue and drama, that I feel like I want to give back a bit to the community. I love you all because you are the VHL. Thank you

P9PCtUf.png

Final Standings:

Once again congratulations to all the tournament teams for making this one of the most competitive World Cups in history! 

P9PCtUf.png

sq0kYoI.png

Forwards

Aleski Koponen , Jorma Ruutu, Max Molholt , Niels Skovgaard, Simon Valmount , Theo Axelsson 

Defensemen

Golden Jedtsson, Joel Järvi, Marquis Hyvarinen, Kerkko Hyvarinen, 

Goaltenders

Sven Wolf ,  Joanna Åkerfeldt

isdD15g.png

v95RIaI.png

Fowards

Severin Von Karma, Wolfgang Strauss, Thaddeus Humbert, Shawn Muller, LeAndre St.Pierre, Tyson Kohler 

Defensemen

Phil Hamilton, Jeff Hamilton, David Hamilton, World B. Free,

Goaltenders

Hans Wingate, Greg Clegane

uMYMuCr.png

457sMKH.png

Forwards

Marcel Faux, Bronson Faux, Brady Stropko, Zach Parechkin, Unassisted, Tom Lincoln 

Defenseman

Francis York Morgan, Black Velvet, Ted Doughty, John Sleeman 

Goaltender

Atticus Von Braxton IV

-----------------

4th: World

5th: Mercs

6th: USA

Awards Presentation:

So a hearty congratulations to everyone. As for individual awards, as voted by BoG members, I present to you, the best of the best for the tournament:

Tournament MVP

Jorma Ruutu (SCA)

Ruutu (SCA) - 5, Lord Karnage (WOR) - 4, S. Clegane (MER) - 1, Wolf (SCA) - 1

Top Forward

Jorma Ruutu (SCA)

Ruutu (SCA) - 10, Lord Karnage (WOR) - 1

Top Defenseman

Phil Hamilton (WEU)

Hamilton (WEU) - 8, Kyannon (WOR) - 2, York Morgan (CAN) - 1

Top Goalie

Sandro Clegane (MER)

S. Clegane (MER) - 10

Breakout Star

Sven Wolf (SCA)

Wolf (SCA) - 9, Unassisted (CAN) - 1, Rodriguez (WOR) - 1

Congratulations to the individual winners. You may all claim 1 uncapped TPE per award won!!

Closing Statement:

Once again thank you all for your efforts and enthusiasm you put into this year`s World Cup! I think that overall it was one of the better once, and I know I`m not biased in this, because Victor said so (in my mind). Check out your player pages, as throughout the week I will be updating them with World Cup Stats and awards (I`ve already done some!) to see a fantastic overview of your players career. Thank you all and for me at KnightTime Studios, this is Phil Knight, signing off.

Edited by Phil

• Admin

This awards ceremony is as sexy as the World Cup itself.

Didn't win anything (except CLEGANEBOWL), but by far my favourite off-season tournament since before the disease that was the Super Cup.

1 minute ago, Banackock said:

Thanks @Streetlight and @Phil. Very well put together and enjoyable. Good job! Thanks for the 3 tpe and Gold. :cheers: 

You sure are winning a lot lately: S47 Continental Cup (Player), S47 Founder's Cup (GM), S48 Founder's Cup (GM+Player), S48 Gold Medal (GM+Player)

damn

1 minute ago, Streetlight said:

You sure are winning a lot lately: S47 Continental Cup (Player), S47 Founder's Cup (GM), S48 Founder's Cup (GM+Player), S48 Gold Medal (GM+Player)

damn

Don't forget S47 and S48 Jack Reilly awards!

4 minutes ago, Streetlight said:

damn

2 minutes ago, ADwyer87 said:

Don't forget S47 and S48 Jack Reilly awards!

And S44:ph34r:

And my silver S45:ph34r:

:)) 

Just now, Streetlight said:

BUT THOSE ARE SO LONG AGO

COUNT THEM.

Soon to add another Founders cup with my girl Diana and somehow win the Continental with the Bears this year. :applaud: