Quebec's win streak

Victor

• Admin

Just did a bit of unscientific research: of the seasons we have (S18-present), I couldn't find anyone with a longer win streak. S21 Toronto also had 22 wins in a row but some came in OT/SO (Quebec this season is currently on 22 consecutive regulation wins).

I would have to imagine 69-3-0 Calgary from S1 beat it, unless they were really unlucky with where their 3 losses fell. If not them, then one of the other beast early day teams (S3 CGY, S5 SEA, S11 DAV).

But modern era record looks like? Awoooooooo :que: 

(In addition to S21 Toronto I looked at S19 Calgary, S27 Seattle, S32 Riga (19 wins to start the season), S33 Helsinki, a couple recent NY teams)

• Admin
11 minutes ago, StevenStamkos91 said:

who cares. doesnt matter unless you go 39 like GSW. also doesnt matter unless you win

records exist to be set and broken. If we only look at absolutes, i.e. cup wins, why are you even bothering?

8 minutes ago, ADwyer87 said:

And they've played the Legion 0 times in that streak

played the Bears though. RIP.

• Admin
1 minute ago, StevenStamkos91 said:

its going to be pretty awkward when Davos makes it to the finals and both Toronto and Quebec dont 

#NYA

hah NY, is that the new American flavour of the month?

What happened to the previous favourite....

6 minutes ago, Victor said:

played the Bears though. RIP.

So, we suck now.

it's a big accomplishment, but doesn't mean anything if you haven't beaten the top team yet

• Admin
2 minutes ago, ADwyer87 said:

So, we suck now.

it's a big accomplishment, but doesn't mean anything if you haven't beaten the top team yet

That 4-0 win pretty much looks in hindsight like the last straw. Roster was still in tact then.

And no, haven't beaten Toronto yet. Only played them twice since the first trades though, and outshot them both times. But it doesn't matter much, could go 0-8 in the regular season but get 4 wins in the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, Victor said:

That 4-0 win pretty much looks in hindsight like the last straw. Roster was still in tact then.

And no, haven't beaten Toronto yet. Only played them twice since the first trades though, and outshot them both times. But it doesn't matter much, could go 0-8 in the regular season but get 4 wins in the playoffs.

or you could just lose all of them (please)

I just did a bit of research as well and I did find a team that had a better win streak than 22 games: S20 Dynamo won 24 in a row. Quebec has since passed that mark and I couldn't find anything on the win streaks of those early season teams that Victor mentioned, but I figured I would bring up that Davos squad because @Victor couldn't find them.

However, it was thanks to Victor that I found it. Worth noting, the win streak came after they "solidified their blue line with the acquisition of Geno Esposito."