2 New Teams to VHL

Yes, we have 10 teams right now but why not expand to 12? The North American Conference can add Los Angeles (name to be sorted out) and the European Conference can add Berlin (name TBD). You can still have 3/6 teams make the playoffs but this way, it can add some more competition and maybe some more in-season trades, etc. Or another possibility is having 4/6 teams making it and have 1 vs 4, 2 vs 3.

If we expand 2 more teams, I think there are a few guys here (myself included) that would be very willing and more than capable to manage a team. Anyways, let me know what you guys think. Yes? No? Am I high?

Just now, Ghost Reaper said:

How are you make this into something so childish.

Refer to above to answer your question.

In seriousness, would be silly to expand the league. Not enough players, not enough active players in the junior league, not enough recruits during each recruitment drive. By bringing in the 2 player per person rule, you're simply adding fuel to the fire without adding anymore logs. Simply put, the logs will eventually run out (old members will leave). Need new members. A majority of members who leave have stated it's too much work to make a good player only to have them be forced into retirement after 8 seasons. Literally almost every person has stated this to me that has either left, died in activity and now unfortunately dwell in the cum dumpster we know as the SHL. Maybe something for @Draper @Higgins etc need to look at (maybe increase it to 10 seasons - start an "AFTER 50 season record book" - potentially having incentives to retire early for a good turnover rate? YR 8 - start with 20+ TPE, YR 9 - +10 and YR 10 - 0tpe). Sure, the old members are fine with it. Could be a reason it's so hard to attract and keep newer people. Yet, like the Oilers looking for a coach and Alberta looking for a suitable politician, we blame it on more simplistic things.. like the theme of the board (which has some factor, but limited compared to others). :) 

Good? Good. 

Maybe it will be possible in the future, depending on Project Player 2 and recruitment results, but right now it just wouldn't work. We only just got the 10th draftee for the 51 draft class to fill out only the first round.  Adding more teams mean we still wouldn't have a complete 1st round.

If this is about GM opportunity, I think the VHLM is a great stepping stone, where you can prove that you have the skill to guide and develop new members. There will always be new openings in both the VHL and VHLM, sometimes more or less.

Definitely don't have enough members to fill out another 2 teams. It's a good idea, but we need to start recruiting more before we consider expansion.

You've made many strides recently, proving you're an active guy. Your name will definitely be in the hat for many things if you keep going.

Higgins gave the best answer. Depending on how Project Player 2 pans out, and if we can really nip recruitment in the butt and get a solid group of new blood in here, then it would certainly be something to consider. However, it isn't realistic within the next few seasons.

Hopefully you're not discouraged by the feedback in here, we don't mean to just rain "NO" down on you. It is a good and fun suggestion, and I hope we can do it one day. However, right NOW, we cannot.

Keep up the good work though, you've been awesome since coming back! If you are interested in managing a team, I'm sure you'll be strongly considered for the next available position if you apply. :cheers:

9 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

Higgins gave the best answer. Depending on how Project Player 2 pans out, and if we can really nip recruitment in the butt and get a solid group of new blood in here, then it would certainly be something to consider. However, it isn't realistic within the next few seasons.

Hopefully you're not discouraged by the feedback in here, we don't mean to just rain "NO" down on you. It is a good and fun suggestion, and I hope we can do it one day. However, right NOW, we cannot.

Keep up the good work though, you've been awesome since coming back! If you are interested in managing a team, I'm sure you'll be strongly considered for the next available position if you apply. :cheers:

Oh, I dont take this as a discouraging feedback at all. It's just something I thought I'd bring up and see what would happen. It doesn't hurt to ask. I understand the situation so it's all good.

As for next position, we shall see. I really thought I was gonna get Oslo but @TheLastOlympian07 got it. Just cuz he is a "seasoned veteran" hahaha jk man

42 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Oh, I dont take this as a discouraging feedback at all. It's just something I thought I'd bring up and see what would happen. It doesn't hurt to ask. I understand the situation so it's all good.

As for next position, we shall see. I really thought I was gonna get Oslo but @TheLastOlympian07 got it. Just cuz he is a "seasoned veteran" hahaha jk man

I think you'll be a great fit as a VHLM GM with your enthusiasm, me and flyers just want to make sure that the people we hire will stick around since the position is of high importance. As long as you continue to stay active I can see you getting a job in the future for sure.

• 1 month later...