Where Are The Jersey Retirements At?

Devise

Yo GMs...what gives? Haven't seen a single one in seasons now, like since S42. I know we've had a few worthy players retire since then, what does the old boys BoG club gotta hold your hands through everything? :P When I challenged newer faces to step up and take charge in a MS months ago this was an example of the type of things I was talking about.

Us BoG vets won't be around forever and these little details are some of the glue that holds the league together. So GMs get after it. 

13 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

Yo GMs...what gives? Haven't seen a single one in seasons now, like since S42. I know we've had a few worthy players retire since then, what does the old boys BoG club gotta hold your hands through everything? :P When I challenged newer faces to step up and take charge in a MS months ago this was an example of the type of things I was talking about.

Us BoG vets won't be around forever and these little details are some of the glue that holds the league together. So GMs get after it. 

I did two in S47, righting the wrongs of previous GMs. Everyone else that would be eligible is still on my team.

28 minutes ago, Molholt said:

So what did we learn? @Mr. Power doesn't pay attention to the league. Great BoG standard.

:ph34r: 

That's a lie. You picked up the slack of your previous GM and a few others are waiting. But there still are players already retired who should be in the rafters who are waiting. O'Malley comes to mind as one already. 

7 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

O'Malley was kind of a slut though. Who retires him?

5 seasons in Cologne, 2 in Helsinki 1 in NY. Not much of a slut honestly. I'm sure there are a few more as well. 

There really has been a lot of movement for top-tier and TPE players recently though. Taking a look at Koenig, Richardson, Wylde, Slaughter, Thomassen, Faraday, Klose, Light - not one of them lasted longer than five seasons on a single team, and for many of those players, the longest time spent on that one team was through the younger, less productive seasons.

10 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

There really has been a lot of movement for top-tier and TPE players recently though. Taking a look at Koenig, Richardson, Wylde, Slaughter, Thomassen, Faraday, Klose, Light - not one of them lasted longer than five seasons on a single team, and for many of those players, the longest time spent on that one team was through the younger, less productive seasons.

Retirement for Jersey isn't the Hall of Fame. Ron World Peace is hanging in the rafters in Cologne. Reikkinen is in NY despite only playing limited seasons. 

I mean O'Malley should be in Cologne. Was Captain for 5 seasons, won a ton of individual awards, led them to first Cup win and 3 straight finals appearances. 

But even a member like a Stevo who is active and not getting scrub level stats should be recognised provided they are on the team during a good pivotal era for a franchise and spent all of career there. Either way you can look and see, or I'll go over possible candidates from some other teams. But I feel like we've had so much GM turnover some may not even know they are responsible for that. This post is a reminder, we should be taking a look. 

Edited by Mr. Power

1 hour ago, Mr. Power said:

That's a lie. You picked up the slack of your previous GM and a few others are waiting. But there still are players already retired who should be in the rafters who are waiting. O'Malley comes to mind as one already. 

Generally we wait on those players though..they aren't immediate...unless it's 8 seasons of leadership.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...