I bitch about this awful season -- in podcast form

scoop

http://www41.zippyshare.com/v/7sBYPiXU/file.html

It's not a good podcast, but it's not as awful as what @der meister and I are suffering through. I don't really feel I deserve six TPE for this, but I've got capped TPE coming out the wazoo that it doesn't matter where I post this.

I listened to this the day it aired and meant to comment. You pretty much summarize everything up as succinctly as it can be. I also touch upon it in my own cast, this season is just shitty for STHS across the board I feel. The lack of consistency and number of members who despite TPE numbers, work ethic, or activity are just experiencing "meh" type reactions, all for a myriad of different reasons but most all due to the lack of parity right now is pretty frustrating. 

I'm not saying it should be roses and rainbows for everyone, but we always I felt struck a good balance of finding enough positives in a season versus players stuck in bad situations due to team success, individual success, etc. While we aren't going to eliminate bad seasons for teams or players, it always felt like those experiencing that type of negativity were always in the minority, and sometimes even players put it on themselves with too much pressure or expectation. But none of the stuff going on right now is a case of that, if anything I feel like it seems that minority has turned into a larger growing segment. I really hope this two player draft situation can fix up some of that, because if we see less and less parity and just more examples of some real negative extremes we are probably going to have to look at some bigger end changes. 

I mean say what you will but the Streetlight example here is perfect. What if you were a newer member? You come in, earn the most TPE of your draft class even out TPE players in other draft classes. You follow the player build to a tee to what other people in the league do for success, and then even when your stuck on a rebuilding team you can't get anything going. You see other players with less TPE doing better, even on rebuilding clubs. You see the loaded up teams players doing better. What incentive is there for you to stick around? You worked your butt off to make an impression and you are literally rewarded with nothing. That isn't how we should be leveraging STHS to work, and that situation should be a very extreme rare case scenario type situation, not something that happens on a regular or semi regular basis. Otherwise this entire "game" doesn't work, because it's all just a dice roll at that point and nobody is going to put any time or effort into straight up random dice rolls. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

I listened to this the day it aired and meant to comment. You pretty much summarize everything up as succinctly as it can be. I also touch upon it in my own cast, this season is just shitty for STHS across the board I feel. The lack of consistency and number of members who despite TPE numbers, work ethic, or activity are just experiencing "meh" type reactions, all for a myriad of different reasons but most all due to the lack of parity right now is pretty frustrating. (ONE)

I'm not saying it should be roses and rainbows for everyone, but we always I felt struck a good balance of finding enough positives in a season versus players stuck in bad situations due to team success, individual success, etc. While we aren't going to eliminate bad seasons for teams or players, it always felt like those experiencing that type of negativity were always in the minority, and sometimes even players put it on themselves with too much pressure or expectation. But none of the stuff going on right now is a case of that, if anything I feel like it seems that minority has turned into a larger growing segment. I really hope this two player draft situation can fix up some of that, because if we see less and less parity and just more examples of some real negative extremes we are probably going to have to look at some bigger end changes. (TWO)

I mean say what you will but the Streetlight example here is perfect. What if you were a newer member? You come in, earn the most TPE of your draft class even out TPE players in other draft classes. You follow the player build to a tee to what other people in the league do for success, and then even when your stuck on a rebuilding team you can't get anything going. You see other players with less TPE doing better, even on rebuilding clubs. You see the loaded up teams players doing better. What incentive is there for you to stick around? You worked your butt off to make an impression and you are literally rewarded with nothing. That isn't how we should be leveraging STHS to work, and that situation should be a very extreme rare case scenario type situation, not something that happens on a regular or semi regular basis. Otherwise this entire "game" doesn't work, because it's all just a dice roll at that point and nobody is going to put any time or effort into straight up random dice rolls. (THREE)

My first Devise three paragraph post since I've been back...

I've missed you old friend :wub: