Award voting

Jericho

1 hour ago, ADwyer87 said:

Suggestion of the same type: have votes before the playoffs.

How would that work for awards that can only be voted for after the playoffs? Also if you have them before the playoffs how do you decide to who wins regular season awards if the stats aren't done totalling in full?

6 hours ago, Kendrick said:

How would that work for awards that can only be voted for after the playoffs? Also if you have them before the playoffs how do you decide to who wins regular season awards if the stats aren't done totalling in full?

Reg season awards done before playoffs and the playoff ones done after. I can't recall how many time I saw a GM justify a vote for a Top D or an MVP based on playoff performance.

7 hours ago, Kendrick said:

Isn't playoff MVP the only award like that? Also I'm confused about the second part

1 hour ago, ADwyer87 said:

Isn't playoff MVP the only award like that? Also I'm confused about the second part

How do you decide who wins an award that still isn't done calculating. As in how do I vote for an award where I need their complete 72 game regular season to decide on?

3 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

How do you decide who wins an award that still isn't done calculating. As in how do I vote for an award where I need their complete 72 game regular season to decide on?

Vote before playoffs, after regular season.

• Admin
On 10/21/2016 at 7:45 PM, Mr. Power said:

If watching Victor as Administrator has taught me anything you should just announce a committee with you as the head and your appointed committee and let the league deal with it. :P

Next time I'm making myself commissioner.

22 hours ago, ADwyer87 said:

Vote before playoffs, after regular season.

Well, you wouldn't be able to vote before playoffs. During, sure, but not before. I don't think we want to delay playoffs just to get award voting in.

Even still, it takes a few days to even generate the ballot, and then another few days for the GMs to vote. "A few days" is a rough estimate, so take from that what you will. Depending on how quickly the BoG votes on who makes the ballot and how quickly the GMs (or voting committee if that's a change that we were to make) get their votes in, I still think we're looking at about at least a  week after the end of the regular season before voting is done. Still, if awards aren't to be announced until the off-season anyway, it wouldn't really be pertinent to have the votes in immediately, but it would save some time in the off-season.

9 minutes ago, Streetlight said:

Well, you wouldn't be able to vote before playoffs. During, sure, but not before. I don't think we want to delay playoffs just to get award voting in.

Even still, it takes a few days to even generate the ballot, and then another few days for the GMs to vote. "A few days" is a rough estimate, so take from that what you will. Depending on how quickly the BoG votes on who makes the ballot and how quickly the GMs (or voting committee if that's a change that we were to make) get their votes in, I still think we're looking at about at least a  week after the end of the regular season before voting is done. Still, if awards aren't to be announced until the off-season anyway, it wouldn't really be pertinent to have the votes in immediately, but it would save some time in the off-season.

Oh I don't think anyone expects them to be finished before playoffs start, but we should start doing them beforehand. Nobody's going to say "Yeah but look at his playoff stats" when we are halfway through the first round.

They shouldn't be saying it at all, but such has been life in the past.

33 minutes ago, Streetlight said:

I mean if it's still done how it is right now it's likely not feasible. But if we make an awards committee I don't think sits unreasonabke to tell them "hey, you gotta vote on this day, get it done"

2 hours ago, ADwyer87 said:

I mean if it's still done how it is right now it's likely not feasible. But if we make an awards committee I don't think sits unreasonabke to tell them "hey, you gotta vote on this day, get it done"

Oh true, if we get the 6-7 guys i listed we could easily have them solidified before the playoffs are over